ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Schieffelin - 2021

spider23

Spider's Club
May 31, 2002
Dedmon Center USA
ruhoops.proboards.com
We offered a while back. Recently picked up a Clemson offer. Not much talk on this guy, but to me would be perfect for our system. Can shoot it, and not afraid to attack the rim and dunk. Hope we are still in on this one as I think would be a great get.

Reactions: plydogg
yes, this one is interesting. would think this guy is an ideal fit for our system and could thrive. Not a lot of chatter or Noah hype - but then again did not hear anything when we got the commitment from Dread. Hoping we are heavily involved as it is great to get a bunch of versatile wings, but we can really use a PF type that can bang and step out and shoot it.

My number one targets are Schieffelin and Gianni Thompson now. Hicks, Reynolds, and Johnson would all be great pick ups, but Schieffelin would be the perfect fit IMO.

I like this one too because of the skill set match. He doesn't have to be any more than an A-10 level player and he can be succesful here. I'd still take Gianni Thompson over him for sure, but the fit here looks good. That said, the bust potential on this one seems high to me too. The offers don't seem to match the skills which always gives me pause. But again, if we are going to be reaching, we are always best off reaching for a player who at least fits!

This guy has the Grant Golden hair flopping down pat at least....lol

Looks like a decent prospect to me. Highlight tapes are supposed to look good, but he does seem to be fairly aggressive, which is something the Spiders can use down low.

In all seriousness, having a big talented frontcourt is what allows a team from the A10, Mountaiin West, etc from being a bubble team vs a top 20 team. Great start to our future front court with Weir. Hoping Mooney can finish the job with Schieffelin or Larson.

Reactions: urfan1
Have grown to be a big Cayo fan, but Grant and Cayo are very good and very solid. Weir and Ian both have potential to be great or very good.
I hope you're right but if Andre's about to score around 2,000 points, then every P6 program and most highly thought of mid majors need to fire their scouts.

Not so much worried about point totals but impact on winning and success. We have had a lot of great stats guys over the last 8 years. I think with the perimeter recruits in hand (Dji, Wilson, Nelson, Dread), a Weir/Schieffelin would give us interior firepower and defense to play with the big boys.

to me, Grant's a hall of fame Spider and the best center we've had. and in no way just a stat guy.
those are large shoes to fill. of course I hope Andre fills them.

Great to see us mentioned. Competition will be tough, and likely to have more big name suitors. Let's grab Ian and Hicks and we have our Fab Four - and we can sit on the last ship for a transfer.

Nelson, Dread, Hicks, Schieffelin following Wilson, Dji, and Andre would be a great two year run and have us fully loaded for the future - not to mention Connor and Tyler around for a couple more seasons with this group.

to me, Grant's a hall of fame Spider and the best center we've had. and in no way just a stat guy.
those are large shoes to fill. of course I hope Andre fills them.
TJ was POY his senior year. Grant has had a great career, no doubt. I'm not sure I would go best center we've had. Certainly in consideration. TJ is the only one in my mind during my tenure rooting for the Spiders that would beat him out.

Geriot, I think would be right up there, if not for his ACL injury. Different player after that injury, still really good, but not like he was prior.

you're right. TJ was phenomenal. and our best through senior year. I hope Grant gets a full senior season to better compare. it's a shame he was gypped out of his junior year postseason.

Mike Winiecki was a heck of a center. He didn't have as much opportunity his first couple years from what I understand, but was 6th man on sweet 16 team, followed that up with first team all CAA. Strong, athletic - good two point shooter and FT shooter his senior season.

you're right. TJ was phenomenal. and our best through senior year. I hope Grant gets a full senior season to better compare. it's a shame he was gypped out of his junior year postseason.
Yeah, that is my worry. Grant got no postseason his junior year and probably at best some abbreviated senior year. I know with COVID there is so much that sucks this year and basketball is a game, but these kids/young men have worked their asses off to have a potentially transformational senior year at UR, and it just sucks that it could taken from them by this.

Yeah, that is my worry. Grant got no postseason his junior year and probably at best some abbreviated senior year. I know with COVID there is so much that sucks this year and basketball is a game, but these kids/young men have worked their asses off to have a potentially transformational senior year at UR, and it just sucks that it could taken from them by this.
It does suck for these kids. Wear a damn mask.

HoopSeen has updated their Georgia class of 2021 rankings, and Ian has moved up from 25th to 10th.
Rounding out the top 10 is Grayson big man Ian Schieffelin. Tai Young had this to say about his big rise: “he looks primed to be more of a vocal point for Grayson this season. Offensively he's made strides while not diminishing the returns that teams get from his motor.”

Other Spider targets on the list include Mutombo at #17 (very likely to pick G'town) and Durr at #40 (may not be in the mix anymore...been quiet and we already have two guards onboard). Former Spider targets on the list include Tucker at #5 (Xavier) and Shirley at #15 (South Alabama).

https://hoopseen.com/news/special/202008/updating-our-georgia-2021-top-50-player-rankings
https://hoopseen.com/rankings/state/georgia/2021

Would be good to win this one obviously. Not just for how well he fits in, but this is the kind of list we lose out on the player almost all the time. Its no sin to be outrecruited by Duke etc. But the P5 on his list, we are better than right now and Dayton is a peer coming off a Top season. Winning this wold be a statement!

Reactions: plydogg and urfan1
great final 5.
I'm sure we've sent tons of footage of TJ and Grant. skill set is similar with more hops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT