ADVERTISEMENT

I think Atlanta reminds me of Spiders

Love the way they play. They put value on player development more than most teams. A player like Jeff Teague should probably get some MVP recognition, but he's not sexy enough for those that care about that sort of thing.

The Hawks play good team basketball - but unfortunatley, the NBA is not built for good team basketball. Yes - the Spurs play a similar style as well - but they also have some of the best players in the league to go with it in Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, and some guy you might have heard of - Duncan.

In the NBA - its all about one on one play and having that go to guy at the right moment, because the majority of games will be close games in the 4th quarter. Its no wonder why Michael Jordan and now Lebron James and Kobe Bryant seemed to win a lot of championships and make the finals most years. They are the best players, and in the NBA - that is what usually wins out. Team basketball is good for the regular season - but don't see it working in the playoffs.

My money is on the Wizards to knock off the Hawks. Think Wall is the best player on the court, and with Paul Pierce to give them experience and big shots - I think it goes 6 games, but the Wizards win the series.

The Hawks play good team basketball - but unfortunatley, the NBA is not built for good team basketball. Yes - the Spurs play a similar style as well - but they also have some of the best players in the league to go with it in Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, and some guy you might have heard of - Duncan.

In the NBA - its all about one on one play and having that go to guy at the right moment, because the majority of games will be close games in the 4th quarter. Its no wonder why Michael Jordan and now Lebron James and Kobe Bryant seemed to win a lot of championships and make the finals most years. They are the best players, and in the NBA - that is what usually wins out. Team basketball is good for the regular season - but don't see it working in the playoffs.

My money is on the Wizards to knock off the Hawks. Think Wall is the best player on the court, and with Paul Pierce to give them experience and big shots - I think it goes 6 games, but the Wizards win the series.

The Wizards would get swept by any number of teams in the West and probably so would the Hawks. NBA is all about elite players, unfortunately, the Hawks have none, the Wizards have probably 1/2 of one in Wall. John Wall is a really good player, but think he is a step down and a sizeable one at that from your elite players.

Agree 97 - Wall is at the bottom of the list when it comes to Elite Players, but at least its something. And when you throw in Pierce into mix - who was Elite in his prime, but I would still count on today to knock down a big shot at the end of the game - they got something to work with. The West - with Curry and Thompson and then Paul and Blake from the Clippers - they have some firepower, along with Lebron and company from the Cavs and Rose, Butler, and Noah for the Bulls.

Mike Muscala on the Hawks? Really? The guy who killed us with that last second shot for Bucknell that time? Had no idea he was in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT