ADVERTISEMENT

HS LAX ratings and UR LAX recruits

Its so interesting that lacrosse recruiting starts so early, you get commitments from 19's and 20's several years out, for the other bigger programs a lot earlier sometimes too.

http://toplaxrecruits.com/connectla...college-ca-2018-mf-armistead-commits-richmond

.@ConnectLAX boys’ recruit: Bellarmine College (CA) 2018 MF Armistead commits to Richmond

07/30/2017 By TopLaxRecruits

By Chris Goldberg
TopLaxRecruits.com, Posted 7/27/17

Bellarmine College Prep (CA) 2018 midfielder John Armistead has made a verbal commitment to play Division I lacrosse at the University of Richmond.

John Armistead profile:

John Armistead
High school: Bellarmine College Prep, Calif.

Position: Midfield

Grad year: 2018

College committed to:University of Richmond

Club team: Alcatraz Outlaws

Lacrosse honors: 2x Attendee Maverik Showtime, Warrior NPI All-Star, Impact 10 All-Star, Jake Reed Attendee, King of the Hill All-Star, Denver Shootout All-Star, Oceanside Hustle All-Star, 2x WCAL All-League, listed in 2016 Warrior NPI “Players who Shined”

Academic honors: Presidential Ambassador

Expected major: Business

Why did you choose Richmond? “I visited Richmond freshman year and fell in love with it – the program, the community, and the school. I knew that was the only place I wanted to play, and was lucky enough to be given this opportunity.”

HS team’s highlights for 2017: Placed 2nd in WCAL

Thank You: “Thanks to Alcatraz Outlaw coaches Braden Edwards and Blake Atkins; also to Bellarmine AD Joe Romano.”

Other schools considered: Brown and Amherst

Classmate from same high school as incoming basketball recruit Jake Wojcik.

Last edited:
UR page on recruiting at Connectlax.com:
COLLEGE MATCHESFIND RECRUITS

Nice find,i.

This 2018 class is loaded with talent.

Stephen Edler ,Rumson Fair Haven Fair Haven, NJ—Def, LSM
Jack Delligatti ,Greensboro Day School Summerfield, NC—Att, Mid
Jack Erwin,Lafayette Williamsburg, VA—Def
Will Rice,Broughton/Lawrenceville Raleigh, NC—Mid
John Armistead,Bellarmine Prep San Jose, CA —Mid
Thomas Ridgway,Georgetown Prep Kensington, MD—Att
Peter Ripperger,Brien McMahon Norwalk, CT—Goal
Dalton Pascale,Malvern Prep Malvern, PA—Mid
Jake Saunders,Hill Academy Burlington, ON—Def
Jacob Griffin,Evanston Township Evanston, IL—Mid, Faceoff
Andrew Caples ,St. Paul's Baltimore, MD—Def
Shayne Grant,Torrey Pines Del Mar, CA—Mid
Ryan Dunn ,Loyola Blakefield Towson, MD—Att

Last edited:
Looks like he's building off of the 2018 class really well. I'm sure the NCAA appearance didn't hurt any.

It never ceases to amaze me when I'm talking lacrosse with friends that are very much into the "lacrosse circles" that
they don't bat an eye when I bring up Richmond.
I get responses like-solid program, great coach, and where did they come from? LOL

High save ratio even though not top notch DC Metro league.Plays at the Maret School in DC.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/allmetsports/maret/devin-craven/

Recruiting a goalie is a little different than a field player. You look for his ability to have
extremely quick reflexes and the ability to "command" his defense. The league he plays
for may not not be the best in the area, but it's like the NFL taking a FCS player. I'm also certain
that non-team affiliated play was a good barometer .

Recruiting a goalie is a little different than a field player. You look for his ability to have
extremely quick reflexes and the ability to "command" his defense. The league he plays
for may not not be the best in the area, but it's like the NFL taking a FCS player. I'm also certain
that non-team affiliated play was a good barometer .

Good analogy.Extremely insightful.Not sure of “commanders” stuff but it’s hard to find goalies with very high Save ratios.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT