40 Bishop Guertin NH 18- 2- 0
41 Allentown Central Cath PA 22- 2- 0
42 Episcopal Academy PA 11- 5- 0
43 Avon Old Farms CT 15- 2- 0

USA Today Super 25 Final Rankings 2017 :
------------------------------------------------

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/lacrosse/2016/15

Last edited:
The question is, are we able to recruit top 100 players from these schools?
Believe me when I tell you that the lacrosse community has Richmond in high regard. If you're coming out of some of the top prep schools and have an opportunity to come to Richmond on a partial dime, you'll give it a serious look.
I've talked to some of the kids from Gilman, McDonogh, Severn and others, and their faces light up at the mention of what Richmond is building.

Believe me when I tell you that the lacrosse community has Richmond in high regard. If you're coming out of some of the top prep schools and have an opportunity to come to Richmond on a partial dime, you'll give it a serious look.
I've talked to some of the kids from Gilman, McDonogh, Severn and others, and their faces light up at the mention of what Richmond is building.

Annap,

I hope so! That sounds like excellent news. I'm just worried that losing in the SoCon finals and not making the tournament 2 years in a row hurts our image. Richmond lacrosse has the potential to be a national powerhouse. We need to lay the foundation now and get a couple top recruits to build our program. I know we got someone who was #37 I think for the class of 2018 (high school). I hope we can build on our success and and get the best recruits possible. This year is a big one for us because we are graduating so many seniors who have played an instrumental role in our success.

Our latest sophomore commit comes from Rumson-Fair Haven (NJ), where defenseman Steve Edler has decided on Richmond, a decision first reported last week by Joe Lombardi on LaxLessons.com’s Lacrosse Insider premium coverage section.

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound Edler, a lefty, is a talented position defender with strong takeaway skills. He is a hard-worker with outstanding athleticism and leadership skills.

Edler drew interest from several Ivy and Patriot league programs.

Recruiting-abstract2-300x150.jpg
Now, here’s a Q&A with Steve on his commitment.

What were the main factors in your decision?
The campus is beautiful. The academics are great. The coaching staff is awesome and very friendly. Also the team has a winning attitude and also plays top level competition like Duke or UVa.

What other schools were you considering and what schools did you visit?
I was also considering Princeton which I visited along with Lafayette, which I visited twice and had a offer from. I was also looking at Dartmouth, Providence and Rutgers.

Have you decided what academic major you plan to pursue?
I don’t know what I’m exactly majoring in but it will probably be something in economics.

What are your strengths as a player and how would you describe your style of play?
My strengths would be that I communicate well and help everyone be on the same page while on defense. I would say that I’m aggressive and try to get into the head of the person I’m playing.

What area of your game do you need to work on?
I need to work on clearing the ball and being able to take the ball upfield more effectively.

How did you get introduced to lacrosse and what other sports have you played?
I was introduced by my brother who played. I also play football.

Any final thoughts and people you want to thank for helping you reach this point?
I would like to thank may parents first for bringing me to all the events and being very supportive.

I also would like to thank Coach Chemotti and the other coaches for giving me the opportunity to play at Richmond, my high school lacrosse coach, Andy Eastwood, my football coaches, Bryan Batchler and Rob Orrok, and my Blue Star coaches Don Green and MV Whitlow for helping me become the athlete I am.

Last edited:
.@ConnectLAX boys’ recruit: Torrey Pines (CA) 2018 MF Grant commits to Richmond

01/01/2016 By TopLaxRecruits

By Chris Goldberg
TopLaxRecruits.com, Posted 1/1/16

Torrey Pines (CA) 2018 midfielder Shayne Grant has made a verbal commitment to play Division I lacrosse at Richmond University.

Shayne Grant profile:

Shayne-Grant.jpg

Shayne Grant
High School: Torrey Pines, CAL

Graduation Year: 2018

Position: Midfielder

College Choice: Richmond University

Club Affiliation: RC Starz and West Coast Starz

Major lacrosse honors, camps and showcases: Black Card, High Rollers All-Star Team, Terrapin Classic/Adrenaline Invitational Players Who Impressed

What will you major in/study?Business

Why did you choose this school? “The main reason was its amazing business program. I was very impressed with the coaching staff, and the campus is beautiful.”

HS team’s outlook for 2016 season? “I expect that Torrey Pines will be a top team in the state and that we will win CIF San Diego.”

People to thank: “I want to thank Coach Jono Zissi, my parents, and Athletes Choice.”

Other schools considered: University of Delaware, Lafayette, Bucknell, Fairfield, Bryant, Rutgers, Boston University

Twin brother Spencer is headed to Michigan.

Thanks for the rundown, 32. Seems like we have landed some an excellent class, just judging by the other interest these kids had. Is Binnion the highest-regarded recruit? Seems like he would be, from his other offers/considerations. Interesting what a big role the B-school seems to play in recruiting these kids.

I think we should be able to recruit well from that top-25 list of programs, because they're all in areas where UR has a solid footprint of alumni. People already know about us there, and now that we have lacrosse, it should only enhance the kind of kid we can recruit.

We also have Drew Petkevich out of Bullis (MD) hs coming in as transfer from Penn State.

Student17-

What's your opinion of the student athletes which Chemotti et al have recruited?You seem to be an expert when it comes to the type of lacrosse player which UR should recruit.Please share.
For me, there are two parts that are critical for a team's success. 1) The talent of the players 2) Coaching. I think we found a great coach in Chemotti who has proven himself in his short tenure at UR to bring out the best in his players. However, there is a limit because there is only so much a coach can do given the personnel he has. Right now, as a 4th year program I think we are in great shape mostly recruiting kids who considered schools like Bryant, Fairfield, Colgate, among others. This is what I would expect given our level of success and reputation. I'm also very happy to see some recruits and transfers who have considered "top" schools coming to UR and we even recruited a player who is in the top 50 of his class. Our hope should be that in the next 5-10 years, we compete mainly with other "top" programs. Richmond is building something special with its lacrosse program and I expect only great things as we go forward. Go Spiders!

Does Petkevich have to sit out a year--I imagine he does just as in other sports?

Football, basketball, baseball, and men's ice hockey are the only sports that don't qualify for the standard transfer exception, so in lacrosse you can play right away as long as you're in good academic standing, have a release from your school, and it's your first transfer.

Mitchell Savoca
Fairfield Prep, Jr., Attack/Midfield
22151456.jpg

(Photo Arnold Gold)

Stats: Had 56 goals and 30 assists and led the Jesuits to a 17-4 record and the CIAC Class L semifinals. He had four goals and an assist, including the game-winning goal with less than a minute in regulation, in an 11-10 win over Greenwich in the Class L quarterfinals.

Honors: First team All-SCC and Class M All-State pick.

Off the field: Summa Cum Laude student, mentor for the Kennedy Center, which offers services for children and adults with diverse disabilities.

Up next: Has committed to play lacrosse for Richmond.

http://www.gametimect.com/2016-new-haven-register-area-boys-lacrosse-team/

Richmond becoming a recruiting hotbed with Brine National Lacrosse Classic
By MATTHEW PARAS Richmond Times-Dispatch|7 hours ago
5793bf2d29163.preview.jpg

Robert Zacharias is hoping to get noticed.

Zacharias, a 16-year-old from Pennsylvania, with his parents earlier this week, drove five hours to the Brine National Lacrosse Classic at the River City Sportsplex in Midlothian. Entering his senior year of high school without a commitment, Zacharias has aspirations of playing college lacrosse on the Division I level.

He isn't alone.

More than 400 potential recruits remain uncommitted to colleges at the Brine National Lacrosse Classic, which was held Wednesday-Friday, with 2,000 athletes competing. Boys and girls, ranging in age from 12-17, came from 32 states.

"It's really outlined how good the lacrosse community has become," Zacharias said. "I'm from Pennsylvania and there's really a barrier to how good people are. Now, I'm starting to see there are much better players out there than I previously thought."

Camps such as the Brine National Lacrosse Classic have become increasingly common in the pursuit for a Division I scholarship. With so much talent, it allows college coaches to gather in one place. Joel Franklin, the Classic's founder and executive director, said more than 100 coaches were in Richmond this past week to recruit and volunteer.

But with so many athletes to watch, coaches spend their time looking for players who can separate themselves.

"You're looking for some attribute that can set them differently than other kids that are out there," said Howard Offit, a volunteer assistant at Georgetown. "Obviously, you're going to recognize lacrosse skills very quickly out there, whether or not they can shoot well, whether they can dodge well.

"But there's a lot of intangibles that we look at, like lacrosse IQ, do they make the next pass, what's their demeanor on the field after they miss a pass? ... For us, we're looking at a holistic approach to recruiting."

Offit spent his time at the camp coaching the kids in middle school, so he wasn't doing much recruiting, but said Georgetown had a staff of assistants there to recruit.

If an athlete has made it to the Classic, chances are, they're already talented. Kids need to qualify regionally and then were placed on teams with kids from their state to compete in two games per day.

Franklin said it gave coaches a chance to see how kids would react playing with teammates they weren't used to.

"That's what's going to happen when they get to college," Franklin said. "It's very diverse ... if you look at a college roster at any division, it's a pretty collective group of all different parts of the country."

Speaking to parents and athletes, University of Richmond assistant coach Chris Perzinski spoke Thursday on the college recruitment process and what coaches are looking for.

He said the three main criteria for Richmond are to recruit multi-sport athletes from a winning organization, and athletes who were leaders among their peers.

"Every program has an interest in different things, athleticism will always stand out," Perzinski said. "The biggest one for me, and I take some selfish pride in it, I go to the really hot game late in the day when there's not a lot of coaches out there, to see who is competing.

"You never know what coach is going to walk by that field at that very moment."

Perzinski also said the recruiting starts sooner and sooner. He said in addition to hosting recruits on campus from the Class of 2017, he already has fielded visits from the classes of 2018 and 2019 as well.

Dr. Greg Dale, the director of sports psychology and leadership programs at Duke University, volunteered at the event. He said he gave athletes advice to keep recruiting in perspective.

"If they start thinking about the coaches or who is looking at me, then they probably aren't going to perform as well," Dale said.

But Perzinski said the sooner recruits get in contact, the better. He said it's good to have a series of schools identified and to email coaches with a transcript, introduction and game footage.

Since recruiting happens only once, however, Perzinski has some words of advice.

"I say to take a deep breath," Perzinski said, "and to try and enjoy it."

Drove through campus last night and saw tons of lax players on the intramural fields. I"m guessing that they are part of the Brine National Lacrosse Classic. Probably practicing.

Jeremy Davis(Class 2017)says:

PERSONAL STATEMENT

"I am highly interested in playing college lacrosse, understanding I am a late recruit due to an injury that prohibited me from playing my sophomore year. My health is now excellent and I had a great junior year of lacrosse leading my team to the CIF Championship game. I am a two sport athlete in both lacrosse and football at St. Margaret's Episcopal School in San Juan Capistrano, CA, a highly academic high school. My interest is to attend a selective school and play lacrosse, study business and contribute to the team in any way possible."

Brother,Josh,plays QB at Lafayette College.

Last edited:
Updated 2018 Class:

--->1.Stephen Elder- Rumson Fair Haven Fair Haven, NJ Def, LSM

--->2.Jack Delligatti-Greensboro Day School Summerfield, NC Att, Mid

--->3.Jack Erwin-Lafayette Williamsburg, VA Def

--->4.Will Rice- Broughton/Lawrenceville Raleigh,NC Mid

http://www.hudl.com/v/1xerYx

https://mobile.twitter.com/williamrice1212?lang=en

--->5.Thomas Ridgway-Georgetown Prep Kensington, MD Att

https://mobile.twitter.com/GEICOLAX/status/869359833727856641/video/1

Even facing one of the best teams in the nation — Super 25 No. 4 and tournament top seed IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.) — the Little Hoyas were intent on not letting the season end on a loss.

The Little Hoyas, led on offense by attacker T Ridgeway, upset the Ascenders 13-12 in overtime Monday night in the semifinals at Catholic University to advance to Tuesday’s title game (7 p.m.).

Georgetown Prep faces No. 2 seed Hill Academy (Ontario) in the final.

On the first possession of overtime, Ridgeway got the ball with a man advantage in the middle of the field. Ridgeway quickly rifled the ball into the right side of the net from 20 yards out for his third goal of the night.

“The goalie went out of the net to pick it off… so he was a little out of the net and not really set so I pulled the trigger and it happened to go in,” Ridgeway said.

When Ridgeway’s goal hit the nylon behind IMG goalkeeper Tyler Armstrong, the reaction was instantaneous. Within moments, the Little Hoyas had stormed Ridgeway and lacrosse gear was flung high into the sky. Soon after the team was creating a dogpile on the sideline with their friends from school who had come to support them.

“I think we all grow up dreaming of these games,” Ridgeway said. “When you got a bunch of people there watching you, you’re on television, it’s down to the wire in overtime. It was a surreal experience. Definitely our biggest win of the year.”

xxx_geico_lax_dec_3077_91298764.jpg

Georgetown Prep attack T Rideway celebrates after scoring the game-winning goal in overtime against IMG Academy (Photo: Rafael Suanes, USA TODAY Sports)

--->6.Shayne Grant- Torrey Pines Del Mar, CA Mid

CA_18_Shayne-Grant_Torrey-Pines_feat.jpg

Shayne Grant

Shayne Grant, Torrey Pines, M, 2018, Richmond
Grant is one of several Falcons who earned a spot on the Under Armour Underclass West Team, making the Highlight Division team. The Richmond commit has been listed among the impressive players at the Black Card, High Rollers All-Star Team and Adrenaline Invitational.

National News
While the games above marked significant program victories, there were several more in the last week that are worth mentioning.

Torrey Pines (San Diego, Calif.) defeated St. Ignatius Prep (San Francisco) 14-11 on March 11. Alderik van der Heyde (Middlebury commit) posted eight points on five assists and three goals, and earned a LaxRecords.com Player of the Week Notable Performancenomination. Spencer Grant (Michigan) dominated the start, winning 21 of 28 face offs for Torrey Pines. Shayne Grant (Richmond) scored four goals and had one assist and Zach Friedland (Georgetown) scored three in the win.

--->7.Ryan Dunn- Loyola Blakefield Towson,MD Att

Last edited:
2017 Class MLAX:
-----------------------

--->1.Ryan Lanchbury-Avon Old Farms Burlington, ON Att, Mid

AOF Lacrosse @OldFarmsLax·May 24

Congratulations to Ryan Lanchbury for reaching the 100 point mark this season! Pleasure to have had you for the last 4 years!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanlanchbury_7?lang=en

In the last few years, parity in Division I has trickled down to recruiting.

The established programs from conferences like the ACC, Big 10 and Ivy League are still gobbling up much of the talent, however there’s plenty of intrigue from high school stalwarts to go down a different path.
Canadian attackman Ryan Lanchbury (Avon Old Farms, Conn.) clearly saw enough in reigning conference champion and second-year Division I program Richmond to pull the trigger, turning down schools like Princeton, Cornell and Michigan in the process.

“It’s not inconceivable that Richmond’s able to get great guys – everybody is very good now and every school is getting great recruits,” says 3d Lacrosse CEO and former Denver head coach Jamie Munro, who has watched Lanchbury extensively both in field and box. “They turned heads in year one so their level of recruiting is going to improve each year. As a coach, Dan Chemotti certainly knows what he’s doing and Richmond is an excellent school with plenty to sell.”

In Lanchbury, Richmond gets a right-handed scorer who is deadly from mid-range and is fantastically cerebral and sneaky without the ball in his stick. He’s an underrated feeder who probably won’t be a go-to carrier at the next level but is someone who can hurt you in many different ways.

“Ryan’s a guy who you can throw the ball to and it’ll be in the back of the net before you know it,” Munro says of the Burlington (Ont.) Chiefs box standout. “He’s absolutely exceptional shooting the ball, it’s not a cannon with out of sight heat but an unbelievable release with amazing accuracy… definitely a kid who is capable of being at least a 40-point scorer every year in college and will rack up the goals.”

Developing skills and gaining experience in the Founder’s League has been huge for Ontario products in the last decade, so Lanchbury will take advantage of the spring competition to take his game even higher. At the University of Richmond, he’ll team up with a handful of Canucks on UR’s roster, including one of his best friends in Junior ‘A’ Chiefs teammate Nate Emery, a midfield commit out of the Hill Academy.

Recruiting Rundown spoke with the 2017 graduate and 3d New England scorer on the phone last week to hear more about his decision to become a Spider:

What was it about Richmond that made you decide on the Spiders?

There were a lot of things that played into my decision. Getting a great degree is really important to me and all three of the other schools I seriously considered offered strong academics but Richmond felt like the best fit. Overall, I really liked my interaction with Coach [Dan] Chemotti as well as the rest of the staff and players. They’re a really good team now but as the years go on they’ll get better and will be a place I can walk right in as a freshman and hopefully become an impact player. The campus was unbelievable and I just really felt at home there.

How was the recruiting process for you and how does it feel to be done?

It’s definitely nice to be done the process, though it was enjoyable throughout. I started it all last fall and wanted to make sure I made the right decision so I visited about 6 or 7 schools to look for the right fit. I did feel eager to pull the trigger earlier this summer but wanted to make sure that I was exploring all of those options properly.

What do you feel that you bring to the table when you’re on the field?

My game is a combination of skill and IQ – I like to read my defenders and try and pick apart the defense. I’m not necessarily the best dodger but I like to work off-ball mostly. The box game is integrated with my field game and that’s why I can finish well and use my vision and IQ in tight spaces.

Knowing that you guys graduated important players like Connor Kelly (Maryland), Nolan Callahan (Syracuse) and a few others, what’s the outlook for AOF in 2015?

I think we’re really going to be strong on the back end since we bring back our core defenders, we just need to find a starting goalie. Offensively, we lost a huge contributor in Connor so hopefully we can find some offense and I can be a part of that to try and become Founder’s League champions.

Having guys back like Tyson Bomberry [a Syracuse commit], Theo Dol and Mikey Herring [both Virginia verbals] is essential to our success since they were a big part of our team last year and will be leaders this spring. We brought in postgrads Tucker Gillman and McKinley Merrill [Georgetown commits] as well as Canadian middie Brent Noseworthy, so they’ll all take us to the next level.

Who would you like to thank for helping you along the way towards your commitment?

I’d love to thank primarily my Avon Old Farms coaches, especially Dr. Skip Flanagan and Keith Lee, they really helped me in the process and called me and aided me through everything. At 3d, Jamie Munro and David Jenkins were a big part and a huge help to me, as well as 3d Canada coach Sean Allen, who coached me in box for Team Ontario. I’m very thankful for all of those coaches as well as my parents for being awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSpider
2017 MLAX class(continued):
----------------------------------

--->2.Jeremy Davis-St. Margaret's Episcopal San Juan Capistrano, CA Mid

--->3.Jason Reynolds- Downingtown East Downingtown, PA Def, LSM

--->4.George Uppgren -Choate Rosemary Hall Stillwater, MN Goal

Recruiting Rundown @RecruitRundown

George Uppgren '17, G, Choate (Conn.) / @Chargers_LC committed to @SpiderMLAX. Big lefty stopper out of Minnesota:

--->5.Ryan Murray- Springside Chestnut Hill Academy Warminster , PA Faceoff, Mid

--->6.Raymond Baran -Malvern Prep Malvern, PA Def

Malvern Prep 2017 defenseman Raymond Baran has made a verbal commitment to play Division I lacrosse at the University of Richmond.

https://mobile.twitter.com/toplaxrecruits/status/796538580734791680/photo/1

Raymond Baran ledger:

Raymond Baran

High School: Malvern Prep

Graduation Year: 2017

Position:
defense

College Choice: University of Richmond

Club Affiliations: ManUp and Fusion

Academic honors: First Honor Roll

What will you major in/study? Business

Why did you choose the school?“It has great academics and a great coaching staff. Also they’re on the rise to becoming a dominant team.”

Thank You: “Thanks to my parents, Ray & Lauren, all my coaches and my teammates.”

--->7.Mitchell Savoca -Fairfield Prep Fairfield, CT Mid

Connecticut Class L All-State(Offense)
1024x1024-9-720x497.jpg

Glastonbury All-State Class L and All-American attackman Michael Hawkins (left) looks to score against All-State and All-American Darien goalie Ryan Cornell (Photo Christian Abraham – Hearst Connecticut Media)

Player School Grade

ATTACK

FIRST TEAM
Kevin Lindley Darien 12
Logan McGovern Darien 11
Michael Hawkins Glastonbury 12
Chris Brown Fairfield Prep 12
Connor Drake Wilton 10

SECOND TEAM
Ronan Jacoby Glastonbury 12
Sean Black Cheshire 12
Drew Fowler Ridgefield 12
Jack Feda Greenwich 10
Mitch Savoca Fairfield Prep 12 *******

MIDFIELD

FIRST TEAM
Finlay Collins Darien 12
Riley Stewart Darien 12
Greg Gatto Ridgefield 11
Aidan Flood Glastonbury 12
Sean Penney Simsbury 12
Ryan Lindsey Cheshire 12

SECOND TEAM
Mason Reale Fairfield Prep 10 *******(brother Michael at UR)
Evan Zinn Staples 11
Joe Murtha Wilton 11
Jack O'Connor Greenwich 12
Tucker Garritty Newtown 11
Colin McCarthy Xavier 12

http://www.gametimect.com/2016-chsca-state-boys-lacrosse-teams/

https://youtu.be/zAeMb66-sq8

https://youtu.be/fpp3GCBiNaA
That’s when Fairfield Prep capitalized and scored two goals in less than 30 seconds to seal the victory. Mitchell Savoca scored the game-winning goal with 54.6 seconds left in regulation to help the Jesuits move on to the CIAC class L semis, where they will battle Simsbury for the right to play on championship Saturday.

--->8. Brett Randall-Brighton,NY Att

2016_randall_brett.png

Brett Randall
HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION
Team: Brighton
Graduation: 2017 (Senior)
Position: Attack - # 1
COLLEGE INFORMATION
College: Richmond
Committed: Summer

Section Five Awards and Honors

2017: USLacrosse All American, USLacrosse All American, Section 5 (Class B) All Tournament Team, All League 1st Team Attack (MC-d2), Roch USLacrosse Sr All Star Game (Attack).

2016: D&C All-Greater Rochester (Honorable Mention-MC-2), 2nd All Section, All League 1st Team Attack (MC-d2).

Varsity Scorebook Data
Year Grade Pos Goals Assts Points Saves GA % Svs G Mins
2017 12 A 65 25 90 - - -
2016 11 A 54 29 83 - - -
2015 10 A 9 3 12 - - -
2014 9 A 28 9 37 - - -
TOTALS 156 66 222

--->9.Nate Arnold,PAL-MAC D

HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION
Team: Pal-Mac
Graduation: 2017 (Senior)
Position: Defense - # 21
COLLEGE INFORMATION
College: Richmond
Committed: Spring

Section Five Awards and Honors

2017: USLacrosse All American, Finger Lakes Player of the Year, Section 5 (Class C) All Tournament Team, All League 1st Team Defense (FL).

2016: D&C All-Greater Rochester (Honorable Mention-FL), All League 1st Team Defense (FL).

2014: D&C All-Greater Rochester (Honorable Mention-FL), Section 5 (Class C) All Tournament Team, All League 1st Team Defense (FL).

Varsity Scorebook Data
Year Grade Pos Goals Assts Points Saves GA % Svs G Mins
2017 12 D 15 11 26 1 1 50.00 12
2016 11 D 5 2 7 - - -
2014 9 D 1 - 1 - - -
TOTALS 21 13 34 1 1 12
More stats for Nate Arnold.

--->10. Brian Hanley-Delbarton School,NJ FO

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/brian-hanley/stats/boyslacrosse/boyslacrosse-2017

Last edited:
Reactions: iSpider
--->10. Brian Hanley( con't)-

Delbarton lacrosse moves on, 20 hours later

Jane Havsy , @dailyrecordspts Published 5:54 p.m. ET June 1, 2017 | Updated 9:30 p.m. ET June 1, 2017

LIVINGSTON - A huge smile on his face and eyes glowing, Delbarton junior Tommy Schelling described the moment as "the kind of stuff you dream of when you shoot in the backyard."

Schelling's goal with 3.3 seconds left lifted the Green Wave back to the NJSIAA Non-Public A lacrosse title.

It sealed a Delbarton 11-10 comeback against Seton Hall Prep that took nearly 24 hours to complete. It is the Green Wave's third NJSIAA championship in four years, and No. 15 overall.

Delbarton, the defending Tournament of Champions winner, received the No. 1 seed and awaits the winner of Saturday's Madison-Ramapo quarterfinal.

The Non-Public A final had been suspended by lightning Wednesday night, with 11:23 left on the clock and the Pirates holding a 7-5 lead.

But head coach Chuck Ruebling, himself a former Delbarton lacrosse player, used the unexpected downtime to bring his team together. Faceoff man Brian Hanley, in particular, spent hours watching film — and significantly improved his results.

Hanley had won only about half the faceoffs on Wednesday, but was near perfect Thursday — including a ground-ball win with 14.9 seconds left that set up the Green Wave's final goal.

"I took it as an advantage," Hanley said of the break. "We weren't playing to win (on Wednesday). We came out here (Thursday) trying to make plays. We were able to rethink our strategy."

Delbarton also was able to look back to an 8-7 loss to the Pirates on April 13. In that game, the Green Wave gave up three fourth-quarter goals.

On Thursday, Delbarton scored six in a high-tension final 11 minutes.

"I woke up, and it hit me, 'Is today going to be the last day I get to put on the Delbarton uniform?'" Schelling said. "We all got it in our heads this was possible, that it was something we could do. It was just incredible."

Schelling scored twice Thursday, finishing with four goals. Hanley, seniors Colin Crowley and Casey Shoemaker, and junior Matthew Campbell added one apiece in what felt like sudden death.

Freshman Connell Kumar led Seton Hall Prep with four goals, two in each section of the suspended game.

"It was a game of possessions at that point. If we had the ball, we were confident we could get what we needed. If they had the ball, they would get theirs," Ruebling said. "I wouldn't want to be the team that's leading and have had to come back. I let our guys recenter themselves. ... It's a blessing. I told them this is a gift they'll be able to take advantage of. New day, new game."

Staff Writer Jane Havsy: 973-428-6682; jhavsy@gannettnj.com; www.dailyrecord.com/writerjane/

Last edited:
---> 11. Tim Adams,Chatham,NJ M

American Division of New Jersey

First team: Tom Schelling, Delbarton jr. A; Garrett Samuelson, Delbarton sr. M; Colin Crowley, Delbarton sr. M; Matt Douglas, Delbarton sr. D; Brian Hanley, Delbarton sr. FO; Mac Bredahl, Chatham jr. A; Kyle Kology, Chatham sr. D; Tim Adams, Chatham sr. M; Ryan Ness, Chatham, jr. G; John Natoli, Mountain Lakes sr. A; Matt Palazzi, Mountain Lakes so. M; Hunter Batesko, Mountain Lakes sr. M; Garrett Izzo, West Morris sr. A; Cameron Hollander, West Morris so. FO; Kendall Rogers, Morristown sr. M; Stelios Kroudis, Sparta jr. A

"Along with athletics, I pride myself in my ability to succeed in the classroom. I've taken 11 AP classes and honors classes so far at a very difficult high school which was just recently ranked the #1 high school in New Jersey. I plan on taking 4 more AP classes this upcoming year. I have a 3.73 GPA and scored a 34 on my ACT's. My goal is to pursue a degree in business and find a college that has a high academic standard, with a similar athletic standard. I believe no coach would ever regret giving me a chance to prove that I belong on their team."

Looks like we are getting a transfer goalie from Penn State who is a Richmond native:

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports/men_lacrosse/article_473f2f54-5df5-11e7-aa3c-43c4c34058d2.html

Yes,sir.We will have 4 unproven rostered goalies next season including incoming frosh George Uppgren -from Choate Rosemary Hall,Wallingford,CT,hometown of Stillwater, MN.

The other rostered goalies are Eric Buhle and Blake Goodman.

4 unproven goalies and a new starting defensive alignment will be a challenge.

Last edited:
2017-All-Area-Boys-Lacrosse-Mitch-Savoca-720x415.png

Stats: Had 65 goals, 26 assists for Prep , had 3 goals in 12-8 win over Cheshire in SCC final.

Honors: SCC Division I Player of the Year, All-State, All-SCC selection.

Off the field: Graduated magna cum laude, played basketball, volunteer for the Kennedy Center, which offers services for children and adults with diverse disabilities.

Up next: Will play lacrosse at Richmond

Reactions: urfan1
2018 commits continued-

---> 8. 2018 Commit-transferred from McDonogh to St Paul's.Built and plays exactly like Brendan Hynes.Will likely be a starter from the get go.Tough league,tough competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: PawleysSpider
--->9.Evanston Twp. (IL) 2018 FO/MF Griffin commits to Richmond

03/21/2017 By TopLaxRecruits

By K.I. Goldberg
TopLaxRecruits.com, Posted 3/21/17

Evanston Township High School (IL) 2018 face-off specialist-midfielder Jacob Griffin has made a verbal commitment to play Division I lacrosse at University of Richmond.

Jacob Griffin profile:

Jacob-Griffin.jpg

Jacob Griffin
High School: Evanston Township High School (IL)

Position: FO/Mid

Graduation Year: 2018

College Choice:University of Richmond

Club Team: NXT Chicago

Lacrosse Awards:philly Showcase MVP Runner up/All-Star, Can-Am MVP Runner up/All-Star

Academic Honors: Honors Society

Expected Major: Business/Leadership

Why did you choose Richmond? “I chose Richmond for it’s excellent academics, size, and due to how hard the team works.”

HS team’s outlook for 2017 season? “We are a young team, but the goal is always to win a State Championship.”

Thank You: “Thank you Mom, Dad, Coach Kyle Harris and Porter.”

Other schools considered: Hartford, Colorado College, Tufts

Last edited:
---> 2017 Alex Morris,Transfer from Ohio State joining UR MLAX.McLean,Va native

Alex Morris leaving The Ohio State University for Richmond. Only played in five games with no stats frosh year in 2016 and didn't play in 2017.

All-time record of 225 points for McLean High School in VA at attack/midfield.

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2017/...nk-notre-dame-johns-hopkins-monmouth-virginia

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-lacros/mtt/alex_morris_983026.html

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/prep-files-alex-morris-a-m-ohio-state/21222

Last edited:
Keegan Doller,Yorktown NY,UR 2019 commit,A/M

Yorktown (NY) 2019 MF Doller commits to Richmond

Yorktown High School (NY) 2019 midfielder Keegan Doller has made a verbal commitment to play Division I lacrosse at University of Richmond.

Keegan Doller profile:

Keegan-Doller.jpg

Keegan Doller
High School:Yorktown High School, NY

Graduation Year: 2019

Position:Midfielder

College Choice:University of Richmond

Club Affiliations:Express North & Yorktown Ballers

Lacrosse Honors: Maverik Showtime All-Star

What will you major in/study? Undecided

Why did you choose Richmond? “Richmond is a top university with a strong alumni network, internship program and beautiful campus. Coach (Dan) Chemotti and his staff are focused on building a top 10 program and winning a national championship. I think I will thrive in the classroom and have an opportunity to contribute on the field.”

Outlook for 2017 HS season? “Win one more game. We were one win away from a state championship so we have to work a little harder.”

Thank You: “I was very lucky to grow up in Yorktown, a town that loves the game of lacrosse and supports every kid that wants to play. I need to thank my family, friends, great teammates and my coaches: Dave Marr, Sean Carney, Rob Doerr, Tom Regan, Joe Borges, Tim Weir, Marty Morgan, Walt Grabeklis, Chris Schreiber, Darren Muller, my Dad and Uncle Christian. I’ve learned to love lacrosse from these men, thank you.”

Other schools considered: Binghamton, Providence, Siena, Air Force, Holy Cross

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT