ADVERTISEMENT

Albany(9-3,7-1)

I hope Coleman sticks around for next year, but have real doubts that he will.

Somebody will get a very good mobile QB who can throw if he hits the road.

Maybe Nick will coax him in to remaining at UR.

Wickersham as a fullback playing QB was shut down today by Danes DL.16 carries by #16 and zero yards.

If ya can’t run,it hurts ya passing and vice versa.

Last edited:
Because he is more talented and will draw attention in the portal. Plus Kyle’s a SO and has obvious favor from Russ.
And you know he's entering the portal and he's not confident enough to know he can beat Wickersham out? Good luck to him then.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Spidey
Russ needs to leave the offense to somebody else. It was his decision to punt on 4th and 2 from midfield when we were down 14-0. Albany promptly drove 95 yds to go ahead 20-0.
Coleman has passed the eye test every game he's played as a freshman. Hope he doesn't leave but why would someone with his talent wanna play behind a sophomore? I just hope he's fallen in love with a girl here.

And you know he's entering the portal and he's not confident enough to know he can beat Wickersham out? Good luck to him then.

Or, maybe he thinks he can do better than Richmond. Or maybe he wants to be closer to home. Or any number of other reasons besides not being confident he can beat out Wickersham. I kinda doubt he lacks confidence

Or, maybe he thinks he can do better than Richmond. Or maybe he wants to be closer to home. Or any number of other reasons besides not being confident he can beat out Wickersham. I kinda doubt he lacks confidence
Or maybe he loves the school and his teammates and wants to complete unfinished business. To much speculation.

He's a freshman. He could have done all those things but he chose to come here. Don't you think he knew Wickersham was a sophomore before he got here? I hope we keep them all.

Reactions: urfan1
Coleman at qb and Wickersham at fullback would be a good combination.
I thought the same thing. Kyle would make a good TE or HBack. I doubt thing will change because Jacob Huesman was
brought in to work with combo QB.

Last edited:
Not going to crush our performance today. Albany was the more talented and better coached team. Very pleased we were able to make the playoffs this season after our start but the truth is its nearly impossible to make a run in the 24 team playoff if you don't get a seed. 8-3 wont cut it in a 24 team tournament like it did 15 years ago. Id even argue a top 4 seed is necessary. Until we perform well enough in the regular season to earn that, it will always be an uphill battle playing 2nd round road games. Come out firing and win your pay game and were probably hosting a game today.

Mixed feelings about the season, you only get so many opportunities to 8 wins and losing a pay game to start the season put this team so far behind the 8 ball. At the very least, build on the end of this season and come out firing next season so we aren't an afterthought before the last week of the season. FCS is not what it was 5-10 years ago and is far weaker, no reason we shouldn't be one of the premier teams on the east coast but it takes buy in from more than just the fans and student athletes. Our admin needs to help build on the season with better PR support and advertising. If the kickers can fill the west side of city stadium no problem for soccer, we should have no problem generating sales for the football team.

Shout out to @spiderjpo for his unwavering support and making the trek up to Albany.

It was a nice season. Not great but nice. We really shot ourselves in the foot in September and rallied nicely post Hampton against a pretty soft schedule. To the team’s credit they beat who was on the schedule the last two months and earned the playoff berth but you could see our limitations today against a good conference foe. I was able to attend the Tribe game in person and that was a great highlight of the season. Never gets old beating a rival and taking back the lead in the all time series. I think it is concerning that we got dominated on both lines of scrimmage by a CAA opponent…this wasn’t one of the Dakotas or JMU today. Need to use this season as a springboard. There’s really no reason not to be in the top 2-3 of the CAA every year….especially with Delaware leaving.

Great ride the last part of our year. It was a blessing following this team through the rough start then all the success that we had on the run. It was worth the 9 hour drive with brother SpiderJPO his wife and mine to hug Tristan Wheeler after the game and help wipe away his tears of the End❤️
Not interested in reading all the bashing of our football program so I will be back next Spring with my constant support of Spider Football.🕷️🕸️🏈💪

2 years in a row making the playoffs. This time without rental players.

Hoping that the program comes away from this hungry and not satisfied/complacent. We certainly know the UR athletic department would rather celebrate modest accomplishments but there’s more we can do. We have the stepping stones down - let’s build something special.

Great ride the last part of our year. It was a blessing following this team through the rough start then all the success that we had on the run. It was worth the 9 hour drive with brother SpiderJPO his wife and mine to hug Tristan Wheeler after the game and help wipe away his tears of the End❤️
Not interested in reading all the bashing of our football program so I will be back next Spring with my constant support of Spider Football.🕷️🕸️🏈💪

Thanks to you and your gang for your support of the Spiders, you make the effort that many of us (including me) can't or won't. But calling people bashers or haters just because they have a different opinion that yours is unfair.
Pointing out to "Baghdad Bob" that there really are American tanks in the streets, is not bashing, it's just being realistic.

Quarterfinals:

Friday:
9 ET on ESPN2: #7 seed Furman at #2 seed Montana

Saturday:
12 ET on ESPN: #8 seed Villanova at #1 seed SDSU

2:30 ET on ABC: NDSU at #3 seed South Dakota

10 ET on ESPN+: #5 seed UAlbany at #4 seed Idaho

I would like to see Albany beat NDSU in Albany.
Unfortunately, that cannot happen, the committee placed the pairings in such a way that all of the CAA teams would have to end up going through South Dakota State if they continued to win.

Am i the only one who saw the Albany coach walk onto the field at the end? We were driving and it seemed he wanted the game to be over. Our guys were lined up for the play and their coach walked right through the line. Our QB had a surprise look on his face.

Am i the only one who saw the Albany coach walk onto the field at the end? We were driving and it seemed he wanted the game to be over. Our guys were lined up for the play and their coach walked right through the line. Our QB had a surprise look on his face.
I guess he didn't want us to score 28 points on that last play and keep that 0 and 7 monkey on his back.

• Haha
Reactions: Gallipoli
I am pretty sure based on running ball last two plays, Huesman was conceding and was probably on his way over also.

Reactions: bullfrog91
Russ needs to leave the offense to somebody else. It was his decision to punt on 4th and 2 from midfield when we were down 14-0. Albany promptly drove 95 yds to go ahead 20-0.
Coleman has passed the eye test every game he's played as a freshman. Hope he doesn't leave but why would someone with his talent wanna play behind a sophomore? I just hope he's fallen in love with a girl here.
The head coach sets the overall strategic vision and direction of the offense. His single biggest mistake has been focused on finding, encouraging and starting a run first QB. Wickersham is bruising running QB, who likes to run over people. When you do that, you place a target on yourself. Wickersham took a lot of brutal shots in the Albany game. In the last one, he was sandwiched by two massive defensive ends. He is lucky he survived. At this level, a QB has to be able to make good, quick throwing decisions. Coleman is our best QB. He has a quick release and he is highly accurate.

Reactions: bullfrog91
EL

North Dakota State (hard to believe) was not seeded and beat #6 Montana State. They now go to #3 South Dakota in the round of 8.
Yep, I knew they weren't seeded, meant to say that only seeded teams and the best program of all time advanced. It's hard to advanced as a non-seed when NDSU is the only one to do it and even then only by one point in OT.

Reactions: ncspiderfan
Yep, I knew they weren't seeded, meant to say that only seeded teams and the best program of all time advanced. It's hard to advanced as a non-seed when NDSU is the only one to do it and even then only by one point in OT.
Seems as if Spider trips out west usually begin during exams week to make it even more of a challenge for the players and coaches. Close this year though. If they beat Hampton this year, they likely had a seed.

Reactions: Eight Legger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT