ADVERTISEMENT

how would you seed JMU hoops in March if they go undefeated???

I think Sun Belt gives top 2 seeds in conference double byes in conference tourney. So win 1 game - into Semifinal, win 2 into the finals. So possible they could get to 30 wins and lose in finals - and that would be hard to keep them out.

Our scheduling has been fine. JMU is showing - if you win, not matter your schedule - you will get noticed. We just have not won enough of those big games this year or most years to get noticed. Take a look at our schedule this year. We can't win them all. But assume we beat BC, keep the loss to Colorado, beat Wichita and Northern Iowa (both road games)and keep L to Florida. UR would be 12-2 - with a pretty good NET. Not saying we would be nationally ranked, but we would probably be talked about and in the "getting votes" section. And I don't think beating BC, Wichita, or N Iowa is a terrible mountain to climb - they are all on the road. But they are beatable teams. We just didn't win.

The committe can do whatever they feel like. There are no rules for selection besides the auto bids, everthng else is guidelines that can be ignored.

Their NET had been hovering around 30 and plummeted to 56 with this loss. A couple more losses will almost certainly do them in.

Their NET SOS is 317, and at App State is their only Q2 game left. That season-opening win over Michigan State is about the only thing that might carry them if they lose a couple more, but even that looks like a heavy lift.

Yeah a loss to a 200+ team without many quality wins will definitely hurt.

Wasn't Charleston 28-3 or so one year quite awhile back when we played them at home in the NIT?

That was the CBI. Charleston was 26–8 after losing in the SoCon finals and didn't even get an NIT bid. They had a bad schedule, but I think JMU's this year Is even worse. Charleston had North and South Carolina, Temple, and three games against Davidson.

Reactions: mr.spider
Be realistic as well - how likely is it that they don't lose anymore or only 1-2 more conference games. Conference games are tougher by the simple fact you usually play twice and they have history to go on and know your scouting. Its more likely they lose 3-4 conference games than win them all. Not to mention - what is the injury bug hits them, etc. A lot has to go right - for any team in the country - to win 28-30 games in the regular season.

That was the CBI. Charleston was 26–8 after losing in the SoCon finals and didn't even get an NIT bid. They had a bad schedule, but I think JMU's this year Is even worse. Charleston had North and South Carolina, Temple, and three games against Davidson.
Thanks. I knew my recollection was probably not right, but I knew you would clean it up.😉

Be realistic as well - how likely is it that they don't lose anymore or only 1-2 more conference games. Conference games are tougher by the simple fact you usually play twice and they have history to go on and know your scouting. Its more likely they lose 3-4 conference games than win them all. Not to mention - what is the injury bug hits them, etc. A lot has to go right - for any team in the country - to win 28-30 games in the regular season.
Yep. Their conference is terrible, filled with nothing but Quad 3 and 4 games (they have one Quad 2 game left, which probably won't be a Quad 2 game at the end of the year). They are going to lose a few more and their NET will take big hits each time.

They got a ton of love for their opening win at Michigan State but after that they have 1 Quad 2 win (Southern Ill, which probably won't be Quad 2 come selection Sunday either) and the rest is Quad 3 and vast majority our Quad 4 wins.

So, JMU could very well go 28-3, and really be on the bubble come selection Sunday. Their schedule is that bad.

JMU sucks and is benefitting from a horrendous schedule and an early season win over another overrated MSU squad. They shouldn't even be considered for an at-large at this juncture and would get smacked in the A10, which is why they never got an invite. Some of that is the hater in me talking, but point out the lie.

I'm sorry but any public school where 80% of their budget in student activity fees (45 million annually, or 5 K per student per year, before interest on student loans kick in) should be publicly shamed rather than adulated and being castigated as a victim. Especially after they cry about the well being of student athletes even though their actions don't reflect that. Like leaving a more regional conference that is considered better in basketball and many non revenue sports, for more travel, dropping a bunch of sports in the process, denying their conference mates a seat at the post season table imposing CAA bans, only to pivot 2 decades later with the SAME ATHLETIC DIRECTOR crying foul for being held to the same standards. Cant even get 4m in alumni donations each year so make unsuspecting students fund it.

2021 Belmont was 26-4 with no NIT.

2009 Utah ST was 30-4 AQ and an 11 seed. If they lost the final would they have been at-Large At 29-5?

The committe can do whatever they feel like. There are no rules for selection besides the auto bids, everthng else is guidelines that can be ignored.
True but if they give an At-Large to a winless team, I think that will change.

• Haha
Reactions: mojo-spider
With the chaos of the past few days, Lunardi has moved JMU to second team out.

Um - pretty sure after the events of today, Spiders are top in the great Commonwealth and would put VCU in second and JMU/UVA in 3rd but could fall below GMU pretty quickly if they don't turn it around .. (note - I did forget VA Tech existed last night but still comfortable with my overal statement)

Last edited:
Reactions: mr.spider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT