ADVERTISEMENT

Hardt: 'Everything is awesome!'

Wow. Five pages of saying the same thing. I don't get the hatred toward Hardt, but I don't get a lot of posts on here, so it is what it is. Since Hardt has been here, we have had a 24-7 season, an NIT, a conference tourney title and a 1st round dance win. Football and lacrosse have done well recently too. As an AD, why is he supposed to come out and be all negative? And, like you do with Mooney, you worry too much about what he says to the media. Who cares? Do you want him to be all negative and bad mouth the coach and team? Should he say this year will be make or break for Mooney? What does that accomplish, other than making 97, 23, and EL happy. And, sorry guys, his first priority is Richmond athletics, not catering to you guys. Sure, let's get the AD to say what u guys want him to say and then teams can use that against us in recruiting.
He can’t say this year is a make or break year because he just gave Mooney a fat extension. If he said that, admin would wonder why he’s still employed.

4700 have u ever personally met Hardt?
No. I just don't understand the hate for him on here. I think he has done a good job here so far. Just because he says one thing to the media and people on here think he should say something else? My goodness, there are just so many egos on here to think that what you guys think should be done or said is always guaranteed 100% correct, and anything else results in hate.

He can’t say this year is a make or break year because he just gave Mooney a fat extension. If he said that, admin would wonder why he’s still employed.
So, what's everyone mad about? The extension? Just because there is so much Mooney hate on here means Hardt should be hated to? Just for giving a coach that had a pretty good 3 year stretch an extension after we won the A-tourney and a dance game?

What was the point of giving the extension? To reward him for finally making the tournament once after 10 years of not making it? To ensure that some bigger program didn't steal him away (none wanted him)?

It just didn't make good financial sense.

Same exact thing with Huesman. He missed the playoffs for five years, then made it once and boom, extension. Why??

No. I just don't understand the hate for him on here. I think he has done a good job here so far. Just because he says one thing to the media and people on here think he should say something else? My goodness, there are just so many egos on here to think that what you guys think should be done or said is always guaranteed 100% correct, and anything else results in hate.

I was just curious bc if u had met him personally I think u might have a different impression of the man.

What was the point of giving the extension? To reward him for finally making the tournament once after 10 years of not making it? To ensure that some bigger program didn't steal him away (none wanted him)?

It just didn't make good financial sense.

Same exact thing with Huesman. He missed the playoffs for five years, then made it once and boom, extension. Why??
100 pct agree. Finally make NCAA tournament after 10 or 11 years then extension. In football make playoffs after what 5 years then extension. It just shows how low the bar is, and we are willing to wait out way too long. Not a model that successful businesses would want to follow. Easy money and stability to coach at UR big 2 sports. When is enough enough of that type of leadership mindset?

Guess ignorance really is bliss. You’ve also said you don’t know that the AD’s responsibilities are. Doesn’t really seem like you have any basis for saying he’s done a good job here.

He is just plain not good at his job. Not good at donor relations, not good at internal resource management, not good at enhancing the student experience, not good at improving coaching quality, etc. The only thing he seems good at is not making PQ upset (and PQ just rolled off the board).

Guess ignorance really is bliss. You’ve also said you don’t know that the AD’s responsibilities are. Doesn’t really seem like you have any basis for saying he’s done a good job here.

He is just plain not good at his job. Not good at donor relations, not good at internal resource management, not good at enhancing the student experience, not good at improving coaching quality, etc. The only thing he seems good at is not making PQ upset (and PQ just rolled off the board).
So, now I am ignorant because I have a different opinion than you? When did I say I don't know what an AD's responsibilities are??

Can't blame it on Hardt but also didn't know where else to post it -- holding the "UR Here" Giving Days on Spring Break week in Central Virginia when half of Richmond is out of town and spending money elsewhere wasn't very bright.

Can't blame it on Hardt but also didn't know where else to post it -- holding the "UR Here" Giving Days on Spring Break week in Central Virginia when half of Richmond is out of town and spending money elsewhere wasn't very bright.
Many, many, many, many alums do not live in Richmond. I suspect they will raise a record amount of money again, some of it from my pocket.

Judging by the size of our endowment and the recent $25 million gift, someone in fund-raising knows WTF they are doing.

Plus, in direct competition with Jersey Mike's giving day. At least I get a sub for my money at JM versus the bag of crap from Westhampton.

Many, many, many, many alums do not live in Richmond. I suspect they will raise a record amount of money again, some of it from my pocket.

Judging by the size of our endowment and the recent $25 million gift, someone in fund-raising knows WTF they are doing.
Wife is friendly with the gal that runs advancement. She is quite capable.

Plus, in direct competition with Jersey Mike's giving day. At least I get a sub for my money at JM versus the bag of crap from Westhampton.
JM's national giving day was March 29. Not April 4th. And buying a #7 yesterday to support local Special Olympics won't stop me from giving next week.

I can't tell if you're serious or not. Some people here have gone extraordinarily out of their way to find something at UR to complain about.

Extraordinarly out of their way? Sorry, but you don't have to go to extraordinary links to find it hard to still support this school. Pleasure Fest, communist speakers, telling folks to lower expectations about winning within your flagship program, transition years in the transfer portal era is ridiculous, trying to change the spelling of woman to womxn, and not fully funding the baseball program come to mind pretty easily.

Well. I have been on the dislike of Hardt bandwagon. No vision. A sketchy search, followed by Paul Queally's daughters friend's dad from a patriot league school being hired. No urgency. Nada. Just generally comes off as uninterested and behind the times. Things like being amazed at VCU's practice facility, when that was already a common sales point.

Extraordinarly out of their way? Sorry, but you don't have to go to extraordinary links to find it hard to still support this school. Pleasure Fest, communist speakers, telling folks to lower expectations about winning within your flagship program, transition years in the transfer portal era is ridiculous, trying to change the spelling of woman to womxn, and not fully funding the baseball program come to mind pretty easily.
And when I was in school (1972-76), all those 1940s and 1950s graduates thought UR was going straight to hell because we fought for visitation rights, could have alcohol in our dorm rooms, had students of color, didn't wear beanies and no longer held Saturday morning classes.

Times change. Social mores change. Our school has never been rated higher academically, or had more people wanting to go there, or had a student body as smart, involved and diverse as it is today.

It's unrealistic to expect UR 2023 to look just like it did in 1980 or 1990, just as it was unrealistic for 30s, 40s and 50s grads to think my UR experience would be just like theirs.

PS: I haven't seen anything at all from the university on this "womxn" issue. Not one thing. What a student group may want, and official university policy, are two entirely different things.

You didn't have Saturday classes?
No. They ended in spring of 1972, I believe. Just in time, thankfully! No mandatory chapel, either, something I forgot to include in my most recent post detailing changes that doomed 1970s-era UR to hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarolinaSpider
No. They ended in spring of 1972, I believe. Just in time, thankfully! No mandatory chapel, either, something I forgot to include in my most recent post detailing changes that doomed 1970s-era UR to hell.
Matriculated in fall of 1970...no Saturday classes...was told they ended in the spring of 1970...exams were before Christmas in 1970, ha! I almost flunked out...can you still flunk out of UR?

Go Spiders!

Matriculated in fall of 1970...no Saturday classes...was told they ended in the spring of 1970...exams were before Christmas in 1970, ha! I almost flunked out...can you still flunk out of UR?

Go Spiders!
mojo, class of 74? Same as me. No Saturday classes and elated when they dropped third year language requirement.

'71 class, Saturday classes AND 3rd year of a language. Plus mandatory Bible classes.

I want to hear more about Pleasurefest. That definitely didn’t exist by the time I matriculated.

Wow, didn’t realize the school was that religious at the time. Figured the Baptist church was always in the background, but not having mandatory Bible classes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT