ADVERTISEMENT

Great memories

Was looking to see who our last 1,000 yard rusher was and this is what I found.

Certainly one of my all time greatest memories...was unable to attend the game when circumstances beyond my control came up on the Friday afternoon before the game...gave my tickets to a friend...

the friend reported that the Aluminum bowl was so quiet after the game that all you could hear was the 18 wheelers roaring through campus on I-81...blowing up the most historic day in JMU history should qualify the 2015 team for entry into the Spiders list of Hall of Fame teams...

watching the highlights of Jacobi Green afterwards was extra special...he dished out some punishment that afternoon!...my avatar is a photo that I believe appeared of the front page of the Times-Dispatch Sports section...those JMU defensive linemen were so whipped and gassed they couldn't even get out of their stances to chase Jacobi...

thanks for posting...

Go Spiders!

Last edited:
Hightower, Vaughan, Gaskins, boom boom boom. For like 9 straight years we got spoiled.
You forgot Justin Forte as well. Gave us a 1k year his only season as a starter. Hard to believe he was the AAAAA state player of the year in GA, made his way up here and was 3rd string most the time. Same with Levi Brown, SEC offers and had to transfer out to a Sun Belt school where he was 2x POY, and couldn't find the field here at QB after losing out to EW. Its absurd to think of the talent we once possessed here. Those 03-07 recruiting classes produced some high quality gems.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT