ADVERTISEMENT

GMU game thread - we win at home

Glad I decided not to see the game live, they have saved their worst game for the last game of the year. With this kind of (lack of) defense, they could play in the NBA All Star game.

I’m trying to remember the last time Bigelow made a three pointer.

2-for-4 against GW on February 8.

0-for-8 since then.
Only 8 misses? It literally feels like 3x that number.

I love the kid and his hustle but someone on staff should explicitly say to him he’s not allowed to shoot outside the arc.

Tell you how bad it is. Of the returning players for next year I wouldn't shed a tear if any of them tried to leave thru the portal.

I can almost but not quite agree with you 72. I think Randolph and Noyes have good enough potential to one day be A10 starters. Quinn could develop also, he gets so many good looks at the basket if he could only learn how to finish. And man, I can't believe all of the ticky tac fouls they call on him. Seems like he is always getting these early in the game then has to sit. I'm not sure how you coach "be nice to the refs so they don't call this shit on you".

Spiders are totally incompetent at interior defense. As bad as any Spider team I've seen which goes back to 1969 by the way.
Wide open three point shooters right in front of me and no defense in the paint. Great combo defense.

I can almost but not quite agree with you 72. I think Randolph and Noyes have good enough potential to one day be A10 starters. Quinn could develop also, he gets so many good looks at the basket if he could only learn how to finish. And man, I can't believe all of the ticky tac fouls they call on him. Seems like he is always getting these early in the game then has to sit. I'm not sure how you coach "be nice to the refs so they don't call this shit on you".
If we had a coach I'd agree with you.

"That reminds me of when Burton ran into Greer."

Pretty darn sure that was the other way around.

That was BS. Thought Burton must have extended his arm to get called for the offensive there, but he didn't.

Reactions: SpiderRick
18 points is just a lot to come back from and then actually hold.

I prefer coming back from like, idk, 7.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
We're really good at second-half comebacks. Too bad we need them so often in the first place and that we frequently run out of gas to finish things off.

I think the main reason for the comebacks is because we are forced to press and go up tempo, which always seems to work for us. Unfortunately that style is so against Mooney's coaching philosophy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT