ADVERTISEMENT

GMU game thread - we win at home

You’d think so, but coaching remains a constant, and you can take it from there. That movie thing or that rodeo thing - what do they say?
How we do May stay the same, but how coaches/media project us may change…

Inquiring minds want to know the following:

Where will be projected next season by coaches and media?

Will we finish 4 years in a row below projected expectations?

Will we finish higher or lower than a 12 seed like this year?

I’m assuming next year we can bypass starting a Top 4 Seed Thread?

1. bottom 2 or 3 most likely
2. due to #1 we might actually be able to fulfill preseason projections!
3. can't imagine a scenario where we lose Tyler and get any better, so I say lower
4. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: SpiderK
I don't blame Grace or Burton for that last play. just unfortunate. that spin move is fine if Burton isn't coming to get the ball. Burton coming to get the ball is fine if Grace doesn't spin. team fought back from a big hole. the game was lost earliler when we dug that hole.

nobody played very well. Goose was probably player of the game ... and he had 8 points.

I wouldn't call it unfortunate, unfortunate is when you have an accident or a one time occurrence. This is a pattern at the end of games. If we need a stop, we will give up a bucket or foul someone. If we need a bucket, we will miss or have a turnover.

The only end of game situation that worked out for us this year was Duquesne and that was off of a busted play when Tyler fell down. If Tyler doesn't fall and mess up our Mooney's designed play, we lose that one too.

I would imagine most fans expect us to fail in those situations because that is all we seem to know how to do. Has to be in the players minds as well, kind of bit like muscle memory.

Well, at least it's a good thing that we are now onto the conference tournament portion of the season, because as we all know, there are never any close games in those, so we should be totally fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Reactions: 8legs1dream
I wouldn't call it unfortunate, unfortunate is when you have an accident or a one time occurrence. This is a pattern at the end of games. If we need a stop, we will give up a bucket or foul someone. If we need a bucket, we will miss or have a turnover.
agreed we haven't been good at end-of-game situations. we don't have a go-to that we're good at.
I'm just saying the timing of Grace's spin move and Burton's cut to the ball was unfortunate. I don't know if there was a set play called, or if we were just playing basketball there.

Reactions: plydogg
agreed we haven't been good at end-of-game situations. we don't have a go-to that we're good at.
I'm just saying the timing of Grace's spin move and Burton's cut to the ball was unfortunate. I don't know if there was a set play called, or if we were just playing basketball there.
Unfortunately in a season like we’ve had, that end of game mistake shouldn’t be a surprise. In close end of game final seconds we’ve failed too many times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT