ADVERTISEMENT

Gilly in the NBA

He did redeem himself with the 4 steals but sometimes seemed lost on defense when they switched. Missed every shot too.

was looking to pass too much. Was wide open a couple times in there late in 3rd but didn't confidently step into the shots without thinking, instead looked to pass and only shot when he realized how wide open he was and was pretty off on those 3s, which looked unnatural as they were not in rhythm.

was looking to pass too much. Was wide open a couple times in there late in 3rd but didn't confidently step into the shots without thinking, instead looked to pass and only shot when he realized how wide open he was and was pretty off on those 3s, which looked unnatural as they were not in rhythm.
This is every NBA game I watched with Gilly. Just an inability to pull the trigger on shots. Gilly has always played like this. His offensive game in my opinion is much better than he probably thinks it is himself.

earlier this year, Derrick Rose and Marcus Smart told him he had to take those shots. And in the G league playoffs, he certainly seemed comfortable taking his looks. Just in the NBA stints looks less sure of it. To be fair, 2 games with the Nets, he probably only has any kind of feel for Clowney's game, having played some in the G league, and maybe not much for whatever offense they ran in BK.

I think it’s a matter of confidence. He seems relaxed in the G League but out of sorts in the NBA. Perhaps the G League or Europe is the right place for him. Not writing him off and hope he proves me wrong, but the NBA doesn’t seem to give unlimited second chances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT