ADVERTISEMENT

Gill press conference at 1:30

Do you think he should spend the whole event criticizing Dr. Crutcher and petitioning for him to be fired?

I love that our players are going right at him! Shows that it is 150%Gills fault and that the players love Danny Rocco. I think we should all boo Gill at the next basketball game.

Unless it's 'I resign who cares'.

I've got some time to change my mind, but it's highly unlikely, I'm done donating to UR. Lots of years, lots of money but I can't let these boobs get away with this level of ineptness. I would strongly encourage any or everyone else to make the same commitment.... The administration has a few months before donations are due to make enough changes (hire a real AD and others) to let you change your mind.

Reactions: whampas
I think as a fanbase we should take the opposite approach. We need to go all in on the football program to show this clown show AD that we're NOT going to tolerate this ineptness.

Now the campaign needs to consist of "draining the swamp".

Reactions: URPike and SpiderK
If the administration wants to save any face at all, they had better pony up and go big with this hire. Then commit the resources need to keep a top program going. If this is a ho-hum hire, watch for the revolt.

I have a feeling it's going to be some Gill buddy lIke Carl Franks from his Duke days.

BREAKING: Source says #Richmond has offered #Mocs Head Coach Russ Huesman. UTC countered. Huesman hasn't made up mind yet. Story coming next

From ESPN 950
Huesman is my top choice and I don't even see a second choice right now. My confidence in Gill to land his top choice is about the same I have in Mooney getting his top recruiting targets.

Is the story here, don't mess with Gill, he'll can your a$$? OSC

this is definitely a tough crowd and KG is fortunate that you guys are on here and not at the presser.

A whole bunch of nothingness. No timetable (as soon as possible he said) and they asked if he had a search committee or outside firm helping them and he said they are looking into that.

Just watched it. If you read his two press releases in last day or so you got the gist of his press conference today.

This is somewhat minor, I suppose, but we come off looking like a high school outfit by having Gill standing during the press conference, no podium or table, with Bob Black and Scott Day holding a bunch of microphones for him. What the hell was that?

Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
I don't believe that for a minute.
He also said he and Rocco had a great relationship. That was a good one. Rocco just took a gigantic shot on his leadership in public and Gill says they have a great relationship. I didn't realize a grown man could have his balls removed so painlessy.

Gill did say one telling thing at the beginning. The first thing he mentioned was the academics and class room performance. I think that says a lot about the rub between Rocco and UR Admin.

This is somewhat minor, I suppose, but we come off looking like a high school outfit by having Gill standing during the press conference, no podium or table, with Bob Black and Scott Day holding a bunch of microphones for him. What the hell was that?
It looks like this whole fiasco has, that we were caught with our pants down and no one has the dignity to pull them up before we stumble onto our next public embarrassment.

Gill did say one telling thing at the beginning. The first thing he mentioned was the academics and class room performance. I think that says a lot about the rub between Rocco and UR Admin.

Interesting. Rocco will not have to worry about that at UD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT