ADVERTISEMENT

Gill press conference at 1:30

Don't penalize the people that show up. But to me the key is making more tickets available. Sell SRO tickets. Allow fans to claim unoccupied seats after the first quarter.

I have 6 season tickets. We sometimes can't use all 6 but I'm not selling the other 1 or 2 to some clowns off the street.

All we advertise is that games are sold out so people don't even try to get tickets. It's a shame.

yep, people could always walk up at city stadium but you are correct DT, don't think they feel they can at the ROB

Also not a positive that gill came from a school that didn't have football. It clearly isn't a priority to him and maybe not even a priority of the university.

He came from American U. But he played football at Duke, and also worked at Oklahoma and Vandy two teams with P5 football. He got the AD job at AU which was a move up on the admin side. I'm not taking up for Gill, what I know about him is mainly from the board, but this anti-football angle is extreme considering his background.

Carolina, my 100% attendance record is feeling a little hurt. But you're absolutely right.

I don't know what the answer is, once they've sold out a game. Some thoughts:
Shut down the family fun zone from kickoff to halftime. There are hundreds of people down in that end instead of in the seats. I'm guilty of it too when I've got the youngsters.
Make it more painful to miss games. I'm talking against my own self-interest here, I know, but they could just make the STs more expensive. Or, impose some kind of incremental penalty for each season ticket not scanned that's automatically charged to the credit card.

Maybe two non scanned games in a row, your seats become available. That encourages at
least ticket holders to find people for their seats. My bud who has 2 season tickets missed 2 games
this year but through work and friends, he filled those seats with Spider fans. Wonder if school and marketing have capability of looking at non scanned tickets now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT