ADVERTISEMENT

@ George Mason Patriots - Noon Saturday

Nice last couple of minutes to push the lead back out a bit.

Please bench Francis until he can figure out how to stop shooting horrible off balanced ball-hogging shots. It's all about him.

Pretty darn first half. Hard to criticize too much. Extending the lead back at the end of the half was huge.

Seriously - why aren’t we playing Wilson right now? Let him get some real experience.

Great win today. But what the hell was with the Blake Francis show the last 7 minutes? He took 8 of our last 12 shots, including 1 when the subs came in and was 2-8 on those shots. I mean come on does he EVER stop shooting? It was painful to watch.

Reactions: SpiderRick
The only issue I have with this game. Is our bench got outscored again. 8 points from the bench. lack of depth....

Its ridiculous the game was over. You get no minutes for your bench. typical Mooney move. Wear down the starters.....
waited a long time getting some experience time for the bench. Is CM that unsure of his bench? You can't build a bench if you don't show some confidence and give some time to the players.

Announcers did a good job keeping their focus on the game and the teams playing the game. Glad my "fears" about Paulsen's now fading into the past 6 game win streak against Mooney (more I think because of Bucknell wins) were obliterated because of a convincing win and our continuing domination of Mason. Great overall effort by the Spiders! Hopeful Goose back by the time we play Broad Street who at this moment is struggling against Rhody.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Best effort of the season by Spiders. Sal's +/- was spectacular. Complete game as well. I am not offended by Honey Badger shooting every chance he gets. We need that offensive moxie at times. Sometimes you get Bad Badger, but more often you get the Good Badger

Reactions: gospidersgo
We have not necessarily looked great, but any notion that VCU is as good as us should have been obliterated these past two games against the same two opponents. They beat Mason by 5, we beat them by 20. We beat Rhody by 7, they lost to them by 15. Let's leave no doubt Saturday.

We have not necessarily looked great, but any notion that VCU is as good as us should have been obliterated these past two games against the same two opponents. They beat Mason by 5, we beat them by 20. We beat Rhody by 7, they lost to them by 15. Let's leave no doubt Saturday.

defensively losing Sherod has hurt us.
defensively losing Goose has hurt us
not shooting 3 pointers as well-losing sherod has hurt us.

"we have not looked great" and are 9-3. Its going to be a long wierd and trying season.

Reactions: Eight Legger
35 benchinutes played. Out of 200.

That's a failure to me.
Why? Jacob played 39, Blake and Tyler played 36, and Nate and Grant played 27. Why should any of them play less than that? I just don't get the complaining about bench play and bench points. We had 4 guys available off the bench, and they gave us 35 minutes. To me, that seems like a pretty good amount of time. Matt had 13 and Sal had 16, which helped make up for no Andre today. Why do you want more than 35 bench minutes and what would you have done differently?

defensively losing Sherod has hurt us.
defensively losing Goose has hurt us
not shooting 3 pointers as well-losing sherod has hurt us.

"we have not looked great" and are 9-3. Its going to be a long wierd and trying season.
Exactly. How great are we supposed to look without Nick or Goose? And, yes, without Crabtree when you factory in he has been here since last year and we were counting on him. Are we supposed to win by 30 or 40 today? I thought we looked pretty damn good out there, and Sal and Grace were great off the bench today.

For the record, I wasn't discounting any of that, just saying that we haven't looked great in every game but we're still clearly better than VCU. And at this point, better than everyone else in the league for that matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT