ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Thread, Spiders invade Coastal Carolina

Uninspiring offensive game plan, not opportunistic enough on D and no help from the zebras.

Need a big 2h but need a spark.

All things considered, it could way worse. Get in the locker room, regroup, put some ice on the head of whichever coach has been calling the offensive plays.
We have plenty of firepower for a second half comeback.

6-0 penalties against the Spiders. This is pathetic. The refs absolutely stink. No more Southland refs.
This post was edited on 12/6 2:54 PM by Stonewall D

Does anybody on this coaching staff EVER think outside the box? How about a screen pass, now there's a novel idea. How about an end around, a jump pass to the tight end, how about ANYTHING with a different look? All of our plays look the same. This is sad coaching, and throw in two interceptions that hit our defensive backs right in the gut....

No changes = THIS GAME IS OVER

I don't feel like we're really being dominated, but their D is doing more when it needs to, especially on third down. We have moved the ball decently but failed almost every time on third down.

Very fortunate to be down just by 14. Get a score in the first 5-7 minutes of the third quarter and we're right back in it.

this looks very much like a game where one staff and team had two weeks to prepare for another team, including staff at an actual game to scout and the other team was preparing for another opponent. no excuses, we should have made adjustments already and did not. just have to hope that offensively, we make those adjustments and score some points. not just coaching, we are not executing either, making mistakes and field position has been terrible. also give them credit for what they are doing to us. at this point, we are not the best team and you have to be at this time of the year or you go home.

Just terrible game plan offensively by Streeter and Rocco. Why are we throwing on every play downfield over 30 yards. Run the goddamn ball. Absolutely abysmal offense--the defense is doing their best to keep us in it, but even CCU HAS MADE ADJUSTMENTS start moving the ball at will. Days like todAY show you why Strauss is no longer the QB at UVA. He gets hit a few times and then starts hearing footsteps on every play and does his side-arm out of bounds/INT throw.

What an embarassment---feels like Strauss and the O-line thought they were playing Morgan St againand they could just show up and win by 20.

Please do something differernt in the 2nd half.

It sure looks like dominance to me. And as for getting a score in early minutes of second half, they start out with the ball, so our defense has to find a way to stop them. I feel CCU has done a great job scouting UR. They are exploiting our weaknesses. Captain Obvious, would point out, that we must do something different in second half, or the season is over, and careers are over for our seniors. 14 points is a lot to overcome, but not impossible.

This isn't on Strauss. He can't throw from his ass. When they send 7 and we block with 5-6 it will be ugly.

Need curl routs, slants, screens, te routes. Not deep outs. Strauss does not have time to throw. They continue to run the same defense. They send more rusher then we have blocking.

With a little coaching we can win this game.

Excellent coaches adjust while out on the field; Good coaches adjust at half time. Let' see how good we are.
There are ways to counter attack a blitz....but the damage may already be done on Strauss...hope not.
Short passes to sure handed receivers including wide outs, tight ends and backfield....including a screen pass or two.
We can and should beat this team. We can win with 24 points.

I saw only one play where we made an adjustment, late in the half when Strauss rolled out and throw a short out for positive yards. Then, rushed deep passing after that. Our offensive play calling is so vanilla and predictable, it's pathetic.

They obviously have watched game film on us. We give up the short passes which are freebies, & it's working to CC's advantage. We also put zero pressure on their QB. Several times our safeties & corners have been beaten deep but their QB overthrew - lucky for us.

On the other side, Strauss is being pressured continually.

Lot of flags against us - a couple questionable. Not impressed with the ref. staff.

We have had poor field position most of first half.

CC looks like a decent team but certainly not a team that would hold us scoreless & not a team that we shouldn't beat.

Better make some good half time adjustments, or it won't look pretty.

Originally posted by One putt:
This isn't on Strauss. He can't throw from his ass. When they send 7 and we block with 5-6 it will be ugly.

Need curl routs, slants, screens, te routes. Not deep outs. Strauss does not have time to throw. They continue to run the same defense. They send more rusher then we have blocking.

With a little coaching we can win this game.

What putt said. We've done nothing to alleviate the pressure they are bringing all the time

As bad as it was, we are still in the game. Lets get a hild on D and see what adjustments we made at halftime. Still think we could run it on them.

30 minutes is a very long time. We have a chance to make noise down "only" 14.

same damn defense. Middle linebacker stays inside outside guys rush. Need to isolate the wr onlber routes over the middle.
This post was edited on 12/6 3:24 PM by One putt

I'm not seeing the same game as some of you. Strauss has no chance with the pressure on him. Meanwhile, CCU QB has little pressure on him. We're being killed on special teams.

We've all seen games change dramatically in 2nd half, hope that's the case today. But for first half, we were dominated.

I belive, I believe we, I believe we will, I believe we will win, I believe we will win!

they were not 11-1 because they played a poor schedule, they are the better team and are executing. give them credit.

Obviuosly the halftime talk didn't work. Very disappointing outing today. Kind of limping out of the season.

They sure look better than us today. I still don't think they would have gone 11-1 in the CAA, but that doesn't matter at this point. They are beating us.

We are not dead yet. We do need to score a touchdown here. Hopefully we made some offensive half time adjustments.

Every time we start getting a little momentum either on defense or offense, there's another penalty call. Penalties at the worst possible time. Something's rotten in the State of Denmark.

A couple of officiating calls were questionable, but most seem correct to me. UR is not executing, making many errors, and, surprisingly, we're no match for CCU. Down 21 points, halftime changed nothing. Still, plenty of time left, but no reason for optimism. This drive will tell a story, has anything changed?

A glimmer of hope, 8 points. The first big play of the day for the Spiders. Will this inspire the defense?

Amazing. We finally threw a slant and isolated our wr on their lber. Brilliant. That play is there all day.

Do me a favor, for all those who DON"T believe change channel, lol. We going out all the way with the SPIDERS.

This post was edited on 12/6 3:24 PM by paward

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT