ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day Thread, Spiders invade Coastal Carolina

Some great work by our secondary today, some questionable PI calls notwithstanding. They have really come to play.

Hey coach, they are blitzing us every passing down. You might want to call some hot routes.

I can't really tell why we are scoreless at this point. I feel like we have run the ball decently and have had a lot of nice pass plays. Puzzling.

Mainsah is playing one heck of a game. Now if we can get some production on offense.

So many things have gone wrong for the Spiders today, yet we are down only by six points. We need to score on this drive, and change the momentum.

Crabber, I agree on the FG, but shouldn't go there, as I've been chastised for being too negative. But, we are losing the war for field position. I'd have preferred to see us try to pin them back closer to their goal line.

If we can just score a TD, all the momentum comes our way. They could have 21 points by now but they only have 6. Big advantage for us if we can take the lead by halftime, I think.

This reminds me of the Aaron Corp years. Strauss getting hit on every play.

What has happened to our OL, we aren't giving Strauss any time at all. He is getting mauled, can he play much longer, if we don't find a way to give him a little protection. I'm not sure he can make even short passes, but we have to try. Play action is not working at all.

this looks like the unwcah game in they are hitting MS on every play. the only difference is we have stopped them from scoring as much as the pukes. we did adjust in that game offensively and hope we do here as well or it will lights out.

Even Mickey is calling the game decent, and saying you can keep calling plays that take this long to develop with the blitz every play!!!

I'm not a football strategy guy, but when they keep blitzing like that, isn't it a decent time to mix in a draw?

Struass just can't get it going. Even with some time he's missing throws. We need the defense to hold them here and we can regroup at halftime.

We're going to set a world record for net fielding punts, and getting pinned back. A terrible game, in regards to penalties, and execution. I hope we can hold this to 6-0 at halftime. We have to be better in second half.

1:14 before halftime. Coastal is driving the ball and they get the ball at the beginning of the 2nd half.
This post was edited on 12/6 2:30 PM by Stonewall D

Not a good half for Ol and DL lines. Strange play calling on offense. Nothing short. Need to regroup at half.

They are running the same defense on passing down. Wall inside, blitz 2 on the edge. Called a sting 2. They are vulnerable to short routes between the hashes. Our OC is having a relapse of Gardner Webb and Rhode island.

I think we have better players. But we are being dominated by CCU, so who knows. We are definitely being outcoached. We have a half, to get back in the game, but there isn't much evidence, that we are going to come back. We started out well, but we're being beat on both sides of the ball. Our special teams units are no match.

We have 30 minutes to change the story. I hate to think that this might be last game for Strauss, not his best game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT