ADVERTISEMENT

Fordham

I don't know if it is Durden's play calling or just awful execution. So we are getting 3-5 yards inside and then
we run a end around or pitch without lead blockers and lose 4. Early on I was excited to get Durden from what he
did at JMU but I don't think he is a very good play caller.

Beau is athletic why not use him more in runs or at least options. But today I thought he was slow in his decisions and holding
on to ball to long. He may have a high completion percentage, but his throws look like he is aiming the ball.

Overall we are not a physical team and I think we are about to see less than a 4 win season. Look the administration is going to want to put us in the Patriot league if this is the best we can do and I know our attendance is about to take an even bigger drop.

The brilliant Bob Black calls it a “signature win” for Fordham. LMAO
He didn’t say that did he? If so, I’ve been a big supporter of Bob. But I was obviously wrong about him as well. To have any credibility you can’t be that big a sycophant

Reactions: spider23
Rock bottom. Can’t get any worse than losing to Fordham. Truly remarkable how far this program has fallen in a short amount of time.
Is it the coaches or the players?
A CAA team shouldn’t be losing to a Patriot league team.
Listening to the game, it sounded like the defense played poorly.

I don't know if it is Durden's play calling or just awful execution. So we are getting 3-5 yards inside and then
we run a end around or pitch without lead blockers and lose 4. Early on I was excited to get Durden from what he
did at JMU but I don't think he is a very good play caller.

Beau is athletic why not use him more in runs or at least options. But today I thought he was slow in his decisions and holding
on to ball to long. He may have a high completion percentage, but his throws look like he is aiming the ball.

Overall we are not a physical team and I think we are about to see less than a 4 win season. Look the administration is going to want to put us in the Patriot league if this is the best we can do and I know our attendance is about to take an even bigger drop.
I really hope I'm wrong. I think there is a plan by the administration to move UR Football to the Patriot League or Pioneer League.

Is it the coaches or the players?
A CAA team shouldn’t be losing to a Patriot league team.
Listening to the game, it sounded like the defense played poorly.
It doesnt matter you can’t fire the team. Huesman needs to go .
Plus it his recruits

Reactions: NOVA Spider
I really hope I'm wrong. I think there is a plan by the administration to move UR Football to the Patriot League or Pioneer League.
FRS, you’ve been saying that for years. There is no indication that that is what they want.
You don’t dump a lot money into a program that you want to take a step back.

Post game Russ says we have to be able to run on the perimeter to have success running the ball. Ok if you think that (even though I don't get it) but when it's losing yards Everytime and you are gaining yards running between the tackles, adjust the damn game plan! I thought the o-line was supposed to be better? We put up over 200 on the ground against an ACC the and we can't push around a bad Patriot League d-line??? What a joke.

Reactions: Under Center
We just aren’t any good, Elon game showed that. I spent the afternoon cutting the grass, much better use of time.

Reactions: SpiderK
Russ' Post Game Interview: the players have to play better...our coaches have to coach better...we lost to an inferior team...the two long Davis runs should have been 8 yard gains at most (implication: we had them in position, the players didn't deliver)...I told them I hope nobody quit...we can't run the ball if we can't get to the edge (you hear that offensive lineman)...we can't have 4 sacks (again, offensive linemen, you hear me)...Jake can kick (hidden meaning: please don't transfer)….yada...yada...yada!!! Very Poor Hire!!! We play like a third rate club team!!!

My sources inform me that they are currently at 64 bottles of beer on the wall...
You think the bus ride to Fordham was long? Imagine how much longer the ride back will be. Very disappointing loss. Hopefully, the team will regroup and come out with a win against Albany. Go! Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
This staff has lost team. Will not regroup because team could not possibly believe coaches have a workable game plan in mind. Albany is bad but our staff will find a way to lose. Russ is a beaten clueless man and can’t hide it

You think the bus ride to Fordham was long? Imagine how much longer the ride back will be. Very disappointing loss. Hopefully, the team will regroup and come out with a win against Albany. Go! Spiders!

There are no longer any bottles of beer on the wall. While watching this game, I took them all down, and I did not pass them around.

Reactions: SpiderK
This staff has lost team. Will not regroup because team could not possibly believe coaches have a workable game plan in mind. Albany is bad but our staff will find a way to lose. Russ is a beaten clueless man and can’t hide it
Here in FR Randolph-Macon Academy cancelled the remainder of their football season due to being down to 16 healthy players. Just saying.

Mancuso can run the edge as well as between the tackles. I'm still not impressed with English. It's time to see what Walker has the next four games, and Mancuso in at tailback.

I didn’t realize Fordham had football.
They seemed ok, 2013-2016. Wasn’t there talk of them trying to get into the CAA if The Patriot didn’t change their scholarship stance?

I am 38 and have been following Spider football closely for 30 years. This is the worst loss I can remember. Absolutely embarrassing. I think it’s worse than Rocco’s loss at Gardner Webb.

Gardner Webb was a reallybad loss.

Today was just sad. I don’t care which is worse...I just hate having that comparison.

Reactions: Stork3 and urfan1
Think about it...we only scored one touchdown, posted only 14 first downs (least in first four games), and had our lowest rushing output of the season (65 yards) against Fordham (remember, we had 240 yards on the ground against Boston College). And this comes with two full weeks to prepare for the Rams.

Note: I won't even bother to address the woes on the defense (Huesman's forte')

Either the coaches can't....or the players won't. In either case, there's one person responsible for the on-the-field product.

Last edited:
Think about when you were in college, how excited would you be about 6 am practices? In my day, only the swimmers practiced early. I don’t recall seeing them have fun at night!

Think about it...we only scored one touchdown, posted only 14 first downs (least in first four games), and had our lowest rushing output of the season (65 yards) against Fordham (remember, we had 240 yards on the ground against Boston College). And this comes with two full weeks to prepare for the Rams.

Note: I won't even bother to address the woes on the defense (Huesman's forte')

Either the coaches can't....or the players won't. In either case, there's one person responsible for the on-the-field product.

Also 85 yards in penalties, many ill-timed. Shows lack of discipline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT