ADVERTISEMENT

First NET Rankings-#22

Radford was #22 in the first NET rankings last year. It is nice to be 22, but we have a lot of work to do.

Last year's first top-10 list happened to result in a bunch of NCAA teams mostly because those guys were pretty much all blue bloods who were going to make it anyway. Every metrics system will always favor teams like that, but teams like us have to cross every T and dot every I along the way. It's a good start, but we need to keep winning.

Reactions: VT4700
I love how the NET Rankings are updated daily, new #1:

1 3 San Diego St. Mountain West 10-0 3-0 2-0 5-0 0-0
2 1 Kansas Big 12 8-1 0-0 2-1 6-0 1-0
3 2 Ohio St. Big Ten 10-1 1-1 0-0 9-0 0-0
4 4 Butler Big East 10-1 1-1 2-0 7-0 0-0
5 5 Gonzaga WCC 11-1 3-0 2-1 6-0 0-0

Yes rankings updated daily are a lot more fun to follow because they provide more gist for the discussion mill...............

No, actually you said the NET is as accurate as throwing darts at the walls. I am not arguing for or against where UR is currently ranked. My argument is that in the one year that NET was in existence it was pretty accurate at identifying the top teams in the country. Apparently your reading comprehension is quite poor. Maybe you went to VCU....

Reactions: Spiderstew1962
No, actually you said the NET is as accurate as throwing darts at the walls. I am not arguing for or against where UR is currently ranked. My argument is that in the one year that NET was in existence it was pretty accurate at identifying the top teams in the country. Apparently your reading comprehension is quite poor. Maybe you went to VCU....
I am not resorting to personal attacks. Sorry not taking the bait.

If you read the WHOLE message I said that the NET gets better over time and it is the last iteration that counts. All other iterations are moot and this much ado about nothing. If you think that this first iteration will hold then great. Maybe they should just stop playing the games.

Read some of my other posts and you will see what I think the Spiders need to do (spoiler alert - just win baby).

To that end - go Spiders!

Hmmmm....wonder after last night's game how it affects our NET ranking, if at all. Not sure how everyone else fared last night.

CBS sports and then click rankings. This should show all the latest polls and rankings.

Reactions: GKiller
Dropped one to 55, i think the computer looked back again at the Radford game and said "ehhh they did really stink"

ok if we beat Alabama I do wonder how it will affect us on this metric since they are #78....hmmmmmm

Dropped one to 55, i think the computer looked back again at the Radford game and said "ehhh they did really stink"

ok if we beat Alabama I do wonder how it will affect us on this metric since they are #78....hmmmmmm
The theory I want to test is "Will we be #25 if we go 3-0?"

One spot is not all that bad. Enjoy the holiday!!

One game left in our OOC schedule and team ranking has us at 76
Day 11
Vcu 53
Dav 65
Duq 72

Our Ranking fell to 77, sixth in the A-10.

55 spot drop w 1 of those games being sec top 70 net team. Rest of ooc must have really been too pillow soft.

6th in a10. About in line with preseason predictions. Not mine I think we underachieved.

Brock do u know where we rank in ooc sos within the A10? My guess is about the same.

55 spot drop w 1 of those games being sec top 70 net team. Rest of ooc must have really been too pillow soft.

6th in a10. About in line with preseason predictions. Not mine I think we underachieved.

Brock do u know where we rank in ooc sos within the A10? My guess is about the same.
Some of our A10 foes still have non-conference games to play. Last I checked, we were 8th, but I imagine the Alabama game is worth a climb. 6th is probably about right.

Yes, there are a few games left, but per KenPom
39 St Joe
56 Davidson
68 URI

147 Dayton
157 UMass

189 UR
199 VCU

232 SLU
257 LaSalle
258 SBU

320 Duquesne
330 GMU
334 GW
352 Fordham

So 6th is about right.
And some interesting gaps...

Last edited:
Some of our A10 foes still have non-conference games to play. Last I checked, we were 8th, but I imagine the Alabama game is worth a climb. 6th is probably about right.

I checked, yes still 8th in A10 per NET. And #207 overall non conf SOS. This was after Bama game. Games thru 12/29/19. Pretty sad. Far cry from Mooney toughest or one of toughest in A10 talk. The classic bait and switch. But I guess Jabba the Hardt & Mooney have Lunardi as their fall guy.

Am I correct that NET SOS for SLU is 98 while KenPom SOS is 232?
That is enormous, I don’t have a clue how NET SOS is calculated...

I checked, yes still 8th in A10 per NET. And #207 overall non conf SOS. This was after Bama game. Games thru 12/29/19. Pretty sad. Far cry from Mooney toughest or one of toughest in A10 talk. The classic bait and switch. But I guess Jabba the Hardt & Mooney have Lunardi as their fall guy.

It saddens me that people fall for this crap from Mooney. He's a huckster.

It saddens me that people fall for this crap from Mooney. He's a huckster.
Mooney doesn't even believe half the stuff he says anymore. He talks to the media because he has to. Dude has been going through the motions for the past 5 years or so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT