ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations

SpiderRick

Graduate Assistant
Oct 11, 2009
With the first game of the season less than two days away, against a Big Ten opponent, this board hasn't had must activity. Is it because of the expectations for this year?

I think it is a number of things, vacation, general schedules, but I also think some of our former regulars got turned off by the negativity of some posters that dominated the boards for awhile. If you know some of the regulars, or others, ask them to join our conversations.

I know we lost a lot of starters from last year, but we do return a lot of experience. I feel like the defense should be better than last year, especially in the backfield. I like the idea of brining more preasure this year and letting our DBs go one on one with opponents receivers. However, we will be as good as our O line is. If we can run the ball and throw off of play action, we will be a really good team. We just have to put KL in down and distance situations where he can be successful. We have the weapons at receiver and at running back to be a very dangerous team. To me, this season comes down to how our offensive line preforms.

I believe we have may be better overall talent but lack of depth in the trenches is my biggest concern
and my hesitation to be overly optimistic.

and vmi scored 36 on a fbs school last night, could be a long season but am not trowing in the towel yet. in some past seasons, we have gone into a game like the terps, thinking we have a chance, this time around, really am not thinking that way, just hope we play our best and come home without injuries. not being negative, just realistic.

I put my prediction out there a few weeks ago...I still think its going to be an up and down year. I think it will be a big success if we end up 7-4 or better. I wouldn't be surprised with 6-5 or 5-6 either.

I always expect to win it all before the season starts. As the schedule gets heavy in the L column my expectations lower to making the playoffs. After that it is ok next year we win it all. I will forever expect to win it all.

I always expect to win it all before the season starts. As the schedule gets heavy in the L column my expectations lower to making the playoffs. After that it is ok next year we win it all. I will forever expect to win it all.

What he said, except that this year I am going to phase 2 right out of the shoot. So yes, I suppose that means lower expectations for 2015.

I am too unfamiliar with team due to graduations other than O line questions. Once Spiders play, expect activity to increase. I was leaning to 6-5, but see 4-7 as a possibility, particularly with uncertainty re. Broaddus.

Must admit the season has kind of snuck up on me and I think it's the schedule we face with an unproven team. My guess is 4 and 7 No one would be more glad to be wrong than me. For me it all depends on the running game, if we can use ball control and eventually score (giving the defense a rest) it could be a better season.

We look much better than 4-7 to me. More like 7-4. Clean up the special teams mess and we're solid.

Reactions: paward
seems like every year, it is about special teams in the fall and rebounding during the winter. we, on this board, seem to have had very little impact on these issues though we have tried.:confused:

IMHO, we are 5-1 heading into the JMU game. The games are MD (loss), Hampton, VMI, Maine, Elon and Rhode Island. However, Maine could be a loss. My concern is that our bye week is on Sept, 26. Since W&M has already had a bye week, UR will be in a better position than the Griffs at the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT