ADVERTISEMENT

DUQ game thread - Tuesday 7pm ESPN+

Last year, we were awful in situations like this. End of clock situation, need to draw up a play to get a good shot. Let's see if they've improved this year. Give me Quinn/King two man game.

They're going to call this intentional, which I think is two shots and the ball? Oh man, don't love the call but if you're Quinn you can't wrap around like that..

They kind of mentioned this in the broadcast, but Dji's efficiency is insane this year. He is shooting ~70% from 2 and I think now ~40% from 3 this season. Kenpom has him as top 25 in the country in eFG%.
He has been automatic with the wide open, uncovered 3 last couple games. Its like you know its going in. Loved his final take to the basket as well.

The amazing thing to me is that it feels like you can count on one hand the number of down-to-the-last-shot games like this we have ever played under Mooney. Just a weird coincidence maybe, I don't know. Even rarer is the come-from-behind win in the last 10 seconds or so. Loved it, but damn, kinda glad we don't have a ton that never-wracking.

on postgame, CM just said, we had foul to give, it wasn't supposed to be NQ, i don't think we were ready to inbound, becasuse it looked Dji was trying to foul but wasn't in position. So it was an intentional foul, which was automatic 2 FTs. It becomes a footnote, until 97 decides to discuss it tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: spiderman
Say what you will but that was a solid win on a night where king didn’t score at will and bigelow didn’t get a double double. Love the grit and perseverance of these guys.
when you don't play your best or maybe even close to your best and end up winning, you build major confidence and the distant thought of being a team of destiny which then you have to keep proving every game ..

This team gets better and better every game.
Love the positivity 80sfan, but those are the wrong ‘“er” words.

Someone has pulled out the rabbit’s foot or some other charm. But the team is staying calm and doing just enough to win.

Keep up the streak Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT