ADVERTISEMENT

departures

R&B fan

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
May 8, 2003
I just heard a rumor that our ticket manager and director of promotions are leaving. Hope this is not true with our ticket manager. Kevin is top notch and has been very helpful to me in the past. We are having way too much turnover in the department.

Kevin has always treated me as a VIP, even though I am far from a VIP. No matter how trite my question regarding tickets, etc., Kevin was always super professional and quick with a response. If the rumor is true, this is not good for us.

Not a rumor.Young guy getting a promotion.More $$$ and more responsibility.Room to grow within RC is limited.Can't slight him at all.He's going from Red and Blue to Black and Yellow.He's done a great job at UR for 5 years.

The marketing person leaving after 1 year-there is something not quite right in that dept.Lots of turnover.Likely underpaid and/or underappreciated and/or underutilized and/or underguided as to what to do....What's new....

Last edited:
Losing Kevin really stinks. Losing him to our crosstown rival is even worse. Great representative of the AD that will be sorely missed.

In candor, I was never enamored with Jana's replacement. Turnover there isn't a great thing either but i think we stand a pretty good chance of getting an upgrade.

Reactions: I-M-UR
People leaving frequently from a marketing department usually have a problem
with leadership that won't move outside of the "box". Their creative juices are suppressed
and frustration sets in.
Surely that can't be the reason here? Ha

People leaving frequently from a marketing department usually have a problem
with leadership that won't move outside of the "box". Their creative juices are suppressed
and frustration sets in.
Surely that can't be the reason here? Ha

While I hear you and believe this is a common problem (anywhere), i don't believe it relates to the current turnover in marketing at UR. If there's any blame to go around for current turnover in the marketing (not ticketing) position, it's simply that we made a crummy hire 12 months ago. And crummy hires happen in all businesses, unfortunately.

Again, losing Kevin is a different story altogether. Big loss.

My two cents.

as a side, had lunch here in houston with Jana and she is doing fine, loves it at rice but misses her SPIDERS very much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT