ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware

So somebody tell me again what a great coach Huesman is? He needs to take along hard look at his staff. We should and I believe were the better team and we absolutely blew it, but the season is not completely over but in the ICU

So somebody tell me again what a great coach Huesman is? He needs to take along hard look at his staff. We should and I believe were the better team and we absolutely blew it, but the season is not completely over but in the ICU
No playoffs this year. Rocco gets last laugh. Total embarrassment.

Huesman is a joke of a coach lol. Should of had more losses on the season thus far, lucky have a winning record

Defense gives up 42 points that could have easily been in the 60's to a poor Delaware team. Sad.

We're a soft team. We get out toughed every week. Maybe high IQ equals soft.

Sadly, this is who we are. No run game, no stop the run, only a passing attack. Imagine how pitiful we would be withou Kyle. Not impressed with this coaching staff, 4-2-5 defense, play calling, pitiful special teams, etc. why should I believe things will improve.

Wrong. The season is OVER. I'm sorry for Kyle; everybody else can take the blame for this debacle, this is embarrassing after 3 years in the playoffs

The offensive line it our actual weakest link with an inability to run block and rarely pickup
the blitz well. For Pete's sake please no one post Danny Rocco's post game interview, please.
I don't want to hear any more BS from him. If we are so small on the defensive front, why don't
we change or recruit some horses. The other factor that shows up against big backs like DE is
that our LBs are also very small and typically smaller than the RBs of the other team.

If teams like Elon, DE are patient and use their big backs to just continue to pound us and wear
us down, then play action becomes a huge nemesis of ours. DE was more efficient overall
and I don't know if we have the horses to pull the rest of the season out.

After 7 games I'm thinking Mo's theory on Rocco might be spot on...
Nope, we've got a decent enough team, just very, very mediocre coaching. The play calling was truly inexplicable. I don't know what the fixation is with blaming last falls debacle on Rocco is all about. Surely there is enough evidence to see we really don't know what the hell went on. But UR ended up on the short end of it. Gill gone, Huesman needs to look at his staff, things may get better but it will be awhile.

The offensive line it our actual weakest link with an inability to run block and rarely pickup
the blitz well. For Pete's sake please no one post Danny Rocco's post game interview, please.
I don't want to hear any more BS from him. If we are so small on the defensive front, why don't
we change or recruit some horses. The other factor that shows up against big backs like DE is
that our LBs are also very small and typically smaller than the RBs of the other team.

If teams like Elon, DE are patient and use their big backs to just continue to pound us and wear
us down, then play action becomes a huge nemesis of ours. DE was more efficient overall
and I don't know if we have the horses to pull the rest of the season out.
I agree the Offensive line is very weak, but this year scoring is not the real problem. In the 1-AA level I understand not having 6 or 7 300lb linemen, but there is no ecuse in not having plenty of 220-240lb linebackers. How do we not have 3!!! That's why we can't stop the run. We play a perpetual prevent defense. I guess that's not Huesman's fault, but the poor special teams play, stupid play calling and penalties are.

Our D-Line hasn't had an "impact" player in years. I'm talking about a guy who demands double teams and effects the pocket on 3rd and long. Clyde is a really nice player..I'm not trying to rag on him..but we need 3-4 guys like him or better on the d-line. There is just nothing dynamic about our defense. We never dictate plays behind the line of scrimmage and usually end up being dragged forward by the opposing teams rb's. We are not physical.

Same goes for our o-line. They are solid pass protectors but can't get a physical push in the run game. This is going to be a wasted season for our best qb of all time. No playoffs.

Reactions: SpiderK and whampas
I don't know what the fixation is with blaming last falls debacle on Rocco is all about. Surely there is enough evidence to see we really don't know what the hell went on. But UR ended up on the short end of it. Gill gone,
The destruction of the team, and the undermining of Coach Rocco, at the end of last year by Keith Gill is evident. Coach Rocco returned the insult to the University by leaving for a job at a direct competitor. This loss is a slap in the face of the Administration of the University of Richmond. That said, Coach Huesman is a very good coach. With 3 FCS losses, we will have to win out to make the playoffs this year.

Reactions: UR#1
Part of the issue on the lines has been the reluctance to redshirt players. We’ve had guys Burning redshirts to play a handful of snaps. We have to restore the balance.

Reactions: MolivaManiac
Huesman is a hillbilly hick, backwoods, illiterate sounding dumba$$. Should've have just stayed at Chattanooga because that's all he was capable of. The guy sounds like an idiot when he talks and I'm sure he's the same way as far as coaching. The fact that he couldn't get our guys fired up enough to go beat Rocco at UD is just pathetic. He prides himself as a defensive coach but I haven't seen any defense this season. We best blow it up and start with a new guy in the next couple years because huesman isn't worth a damn as a coach. Run that hillbilly hick out of town!

The destruction of the team, and the undermining of Coach Rocco, at the end of last year by Keith Gill is evident. Coach Rocco returned the insult to the University by leaving for a job at a direct competitor. This loss is a slap in the face of the Administration of the University of Richmond. That said, Coach Huesman is a very good coach. With 3 FCS losses, we will have to win out to make the playoffs this year.

I agree Gill is gone which is a blessing but Huesman has got his work cut out for him. We'll see what happens next couple of years will determine if Huesman is a good coach or not. This season is very, very disapointing, nothing worse than under achieving.

Huesman is a hillbilly hick, ....
From what I can tell, you failed to post your negative comments BEFORE THE GAME. That was the secret. If you would have held to prior form, and made your comments before the game, then Richmond would have won and your streak would have remained intact. Instead, you broke the magic and the team lost.

Reactions: UR#1
When you don't have a running game, you go from 3rd and goal from the 5 to 4th and goal from the 24. We're 0 for the season on 4th down. 3rd down not much better when we need it. We're undersized and soft.

We all knew the our defense would be our Achilles heel this season.We did nothing to put out the “Help Wanted” sign for FBS DL and/or LBs.We had a depth/size problem which was obvious.Everyone is running on us and we are losing time of possession big time.Other teams are controlling the game.If our quick hit offense(without a running game) is unsuccessful,we are handing the ball over to opposing running game offenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiderK
I thought you couldn’t recruit players enrolled at another university?

Who calls plays on offense?

From what I can tell, you failed to post your negative comments BEFORE THE GAME. That was the secret. If you would have held to prior form, and made your comments before the game, then Richmond would have won and your streak would have remained intact. Instead, you broke the magic and the team lost.
VT is off the cliff, ignore him.

Pathetic, lack of defense is just amazing. Great QB, good Receivers and NOTHING else.
For the most part, that's been the pattern for each game. Defense plays OK versus crappy teams, but avg to better than avg teams...outplayed.

Reactions: SpiderK
Yet Delaware has over achieved. Rocco outcoached Huesman today, with inferior players.
but it is what it is. President Crutcher and AD Gill are ultimately responsible for this stupidity. We can only hope Huesman is as good as a number of people think he is. So far my skepticisim is growing. I still don't get the play calling, we've got the momentum and 3rd and 6 inches and we run a trick play, just a glaring example of ....... you can fill in the bank.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stonewall D
Huesman is a hillbilly hick, backwoods, illiterate sounding dumba$$. Should've have just stayed at Chattanooga because that's all he was capable of. The guy sounds like an idiot when he talks and I'm sure he's the same way as far as coaching. The fact that he couldn't get our guys fired up enough to go beat Rocco at UD is just pathetic. He prides himself as a defensive coach but I haven't seen any defense this season. We best blow it up and start with a new guy in the next couple years because huesman isn't worth a damn as a coach. Run that hillbilly hick out of town!
Where to start? Let's see, Bear Bryant was from Arkansas, Bobby Bowden from Alabama, Steve Spurrier from Tennessee, I could go on and on. I'd say those hillbilly sounding guys did okay. You do realize that Rocco recruited the undersized linemen and linebackers, don't you? While Russ has not gotten off to the start that we'd all like, it's way too early to throw him under the bus. An overtime loss and a three point loss to a team that's 6 and 1 is not reason to call him an idiot. Have you ever listened to the way people from Blacksburg, VA sound? Talking about hillbilly!!!??? And yes, SpiderRick, ignore still works as I have added VT to the list.

Last edited:
Where to start? Let's see, Bear Bryant was from Arkansas, Bobby Bowden from Alabama, Steve Spurrier from Tennessee, I could go on and on. I'd say those hillbilly sounding guys did okay. You do realize that Rocco recruited the undersized linemen and linebackers, don't you? While Russ has not gotten off to the start that we'd all like, it's way too early to throw him under the bus. An overtime loss and a three point loss to a team that's 6 and 1 is not reason to call him an idiot. Have you ever listened to the way people from Blacksburg, VA sound? Talking about hillbilly!!!??? And yes, SpiderRick, ignore still works as I have added VT to the list.
Ya well those guys were all great coaches. Huesman of hive ever heard him talk sounds like an idiot. I won't lie I'm a bit of a redneck too but not damn near as dumb as huesman. The fact that Rocco out coached him with inferior players and put up 40 some points on him shows just how poor of a coach he is. If Rocco still had this roster at UR we would be 6 and 1 or 5 and 2 at worst. If anyone argues that then you are just plain dumb, just like this moron we have as a head coach right now. This was only the first year of huesman vs Rocco, if we can't beat them now we never will.

I'm sorry VT, did you say something? I've got you on ignore. Who's the hillbilly idiot now. I'd say VA Tech, right behind West Va and Appy State, is the king of educating hillbillies.

Can’t run the ball and can’t stop the run. Bad combo. Also still seeing sloppy things like bad snaps on punts, delay of game, etc.

Disappointing loss with some questionable calls by our staff, for sure. Where were all the Richmond supporters that said they were coming? That was disappointing too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT