ADVERTISEMENT

Dartmouth Men's Basketball Players are Employees

I guess they don’t have athletic scholarships in the Ivey so they can avoid the issue of whether or not the scholarship counts as taxable compensation for employment.

Reactions: mojo-spider
Well, considering Dartmouth basketball is 5-14, they're probably all about to get fired now. 🤣
Right, so I guess if they are employees, if they underperform they can be fired as well. It probably isn't going to work that way though, cause they want to have to their cake and eat it.

Right, so I guess if they are employees, if they underperform they can be fired as well. It probably isn't going to work that way though, cause they want to have to their cake and eat it.
scholarshipped athletes at non-Ivy's are all on one year contracts themselves. any player can be "fired" from a team at any school.

an Ivy player has less to lose as they wouldn't lose a scholarship. once admitted into the school, they get to stay whether they play or not. any aid they may get isn't tied to playing ... unlike scholarships.

scholarshipped athletes at non-Ivy's are all on one year contracts themselves. any player can be "fired" from a team at any school.

an Ivy player has less to lose as they wouldn't lose a scholarship. once admitted into the school, they get to stay whether they play or not. any aid they may get isn't tied to playing ... unlike scholarships.
It isn‘t financial aid per minute played?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT