ADVERTISEMENT

#17/18 MLAX (5-3) host #10/10 Georgetown(5-2) 6pm ESPN+ Saturday 3/23

Hoyas win 14-8. Held it close first half. Haven't been able to break through against Top 10 teams this season. Now A-10 play starts and we most likely need to win the conference tournament championship to get back to the NCAA tournament. Held at UMass this year May 2nd to 4th. Play at Bonnies next Saturday.

Hoyas took only 27 shots,24 shots were on goal.Absurdly Efficient and accurate.

Our D broke down on multiple coverages which allowed for easy Hoya shots and goals.

Our offense found it difficult to penetrate the LSMs with their strength and size.

Hoya coach took his foot off the gas pedal in the last 8 mins.

We had the early season luxury of padding stats against very inferior opponents.

Last edited:
Reactions: spider fan
There is parity among the top A10 4 teams:

I expect UR to drop out of the rankings this week altogether but I could see High Point(after UNC win) creeping into the rankings with Joes RV.

St Joes 5-3
High Point 6-4
UR 5-4
UMass 4-4
Hobart 3-5
Bonnies 1-6

Last edited:
Hoyas passing on offense to get a good look was as efficient if not more so than anyone we have played. Literally fun/impressive to watch other than the main point of us being on the losing end of their efforts.

I don't understand why the Spiders can't seem to break through, but yes winning the A10 tournament is our only way in the NCAA this year. I give credit to the coaching staff for scheduling the tough teams every year, but at some point you have to break through and beat them consistently.

Watch our D v Hoyas.Our coverage of their A/M came up short for easy goals.Our D was soft.Our slides were non existent or slow.

Last edited:
Yes ...........Hoyas consistently found the holes in our D...................wasn't sure if it was because they were more patient or we were more lax (not as agressive as we could have been)..............

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT