ADVERTISEMENT

Credit to Trott and his D

MolivaManiac

Spider's Club
Feb 8, 2004
He's been much malined on this board and I've been one of his biggest detractors.

The D was ready for the start, middle, and end of this game. Incredible performance.

Great job BT.

We won the game because of D.Great coverages especially on Mr Everything running.Omar Howard was a beast.Should get D award in CAA.Our DLine in their 4 man sets shut them down and our DBacks played every ball.Superb effort from coaches and players alike.

This post was edited on 11/1 4:32 PM by 32counter

They carried away us today. We were substantially better than Villanova today. We finish better on offense and we win by 15

I too have been critical of Trott. But he had the D ready to play today. Well done by Trott and his D. Great win.

Trott had the right D dialed up today and the lads executed it to near perfection. Never expected to see such a dominating D performance today after the first few games when I thought we were under performers given our experience. Looked lights out against URI and Elon...but, well it was URI and Elon. Hats off to Trott and the D. You won this game!

This post was edited on 11/1 5:45 PM by KESpider

The defense is getting better and better each week, which is a credit to the players and coaches. Great effort by the D and a good team win.

Defensive line play has been impressive and development of Omar Howard, Winston Craig and Brandon Waller has been outstanding. Now we just need to get some injured players in the defensive secondary back for the stretch run.

How much longer for Jones and Herlocker? Saw DJ in a boot yesterday. Didn't notice DH.

Will give credit to the D that they've really come alive last few games. Getting pressure up front and great LB play I believe has been the key. Was missing early in season. DB corps has certainly grown up as well. Let's keep it going guys and keep rest of our opponents not only out of end zone but out of red zone. Go Spiders!

Can't criticize the guy if you won't also give credit for a performance like we had on Saturday.

Agree with everything posted here. Cheers to Trott and the defense for an effort and execution that couldn't have been any better.

I confess also that I have not been a Trott supporter. WOW did he have us prepared and ready.Lets keep that D rolling so we can use that last parking pass that has gone unused for years! D IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I am a maligner but Trott and D were awesome. Now, lets work on Streeter and red zone offense.

Hats off to Trot and the D these last few weeks. I believe the D has gotten better as the season progressed every year he has been here, that doesn't happen by accident. Now let's find a way to keep from giving up the easy short passes, without making us vulnerable elsewhere
3dsmile.r191677.gif

I think the other thing we have to keep in mind, is that when you have depth, you can do more, you can be more aggressive as you have fresh bodies to run in and out. He may have been conservative more in the past cause he needed to not run his players into the ground.

Second, with Howard coming into his own, the offense may have to pick their own poison as to what side they want to attack. It has been a long time since I remember such a strong group of LBs. Ryan is not bad as a fourth LB or Holmes who can backup as a DB.

On the front 4 I was watching every play the guard and center was double teaming #90 and no one could handle him by themselves. With Fullum back to add depth, and Craig coming on, the interior defense is forcing teams to run wide and then Omar and Roane can clean up.

Summary, Trott has changed to a more aggressive approach cause he has the depth to keep more players fresh. This defense reminds me a little of the Pat Kelly era and the 2008 championship team. They bend a little but tend to not break.

We've always talked about "next man up" when someone goes down. And with the injuries on the offense, the defense has been that next man getting things done. Way to go D!!! Great game Saturday.

Nice article.Saw David Herlocker with his Mom Friday at the Brickhouse for soccer game.David remains in rehab phase with MCL.Didnt push on return date and don't see it happening in the short term.Nice kid and family.

JOC piece

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT