ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching burnout

Um, the pay is huge. Maybe I'm crazy, but I expect salaries north of a million a year to be high-intensity jobs.

The NCAA is the organization that should be noting this and allowing extra staff spots / roles that alleviate some of the pressure on assistants who probably do much of the daily, year-round maintenance with recruits.

But for the HC? Sorry, not sorry. They cash their huge paychecks even when they're doing a poor job.

Um, the pay is huge. Maybe I'm crazy, but I expect salaries north of a million a year to be high-intensity jobs.

The NCAA is the organization that should be noting this and allowing extra staff spots / roles that alleviate some of the pressure on assistants who probably do much of the daily, year-round maintenance with recruits.

But for the HC? Sorry, not sorry. They cash their huge paychecks even when they're doing a poor job.
And in some cases, for many years after they are gone.

Reactions: 8legs1dream

Agree with this and I agree that staffs should be larger. This could potentially spread out the pay as well as mid-majors and below. Instead of HC making 1 million - they might only pay them 750K (still not bad), but they supplement the difference with extra 2-3 staff members. But I agree - they have fully guaranteed deals - they can move up whenever they want for more money - I am sure the hours are long and intense, but if you don't like it - sit back, lose a bunch of games, and collect paychecks until you get fired.

Episode 7 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT