ADVERTISEMENT

Cal in game

16-2 run by Cal. Yes - we did give away a 15-point lead. Maybe we can stick it to them in the last four minutes. Oh wait - Deion and Trey are in at the same time. Our effort has been good, except for the last five minutes, when we stopped playing fast. There have been some bright spots tonight.

Reactions: SpiderHoops32
Team is tired and are getting cooked on d every time. Change up the D coach. If spiders lose, this lose is on you Mooney!!!!

I just don't get it. Cal scores and goes up 79-77 and DT is still in caused you had you had him in there with a defensive switch. Now SDJ sees only 2 players he can pass to and throws it away and now 81-77. So TO has to be called just to get TJ back in.

Tired of hearing about bright spots, moral victories, good loses, they played hard, fought tough against a good team. Win a big game once in a while

We will give up the baseline every time, Spiders10. We will also give Singer an open lane to shoot a layup. Every time he has a defender one-on-one, he drives to the basket for a layup. Every time. We never even try to force him a bit outside to at least force him into a difficult layup. And we just got ANOTHER shot clock violation with three minutes to go. How does this crap continue to happen?

Last minute of a close game and Davis and Taylor BOTH IN THE GAME OMG DOES ANYONE EVER REALIZE THEY CAN'T SHOOT!

Not the most beautiful inbounds play I ever saw - but we survived. Shawndre hits two foul shots. Then he gets another cheapie foul - has four. Thank the Lord Terry got the inbounds pass the second time. Hits two foul shots. Then Shawndre fouls the shooter. Can we survive the last 11 seconds? Terry Allen hits the critical free show. We foul with 8.6 seconds left. Cal player hits two. Terry Allen handles the inbounds pass with toughness. Hit two more FTs. Trey fouls the Cal player - almost in the act of shooting. Deion grabs the crucial rebound with 2.8 seconds left. AND HIT A FOUL SHOT! AND HITS ANOTHER ONE! We win by 4 over #14 Cal. Players gave a great effort. Coaches need to look at the second half and see how we managed to lose a 15-point lead with uninspired play. On to Northern Iowa!

Last edited:
Great win. Terry played like a man.

And great for Deion to nail those 2 at the end to seal the win.

Talk about grit!!

Wow, what a great win tonight. Played tough and pulled through. We were big on rebounds and clutch with free throws. Kudos to Deion!

I think this was a very successful tournament and proud of how our team played. Now lets take it to Florida!

How bout that all you Deon bashers!! Way to many negative Nancy's on this board for me. I'm gone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT