ADVERTISEMENT

CAA Football Announces Schedule For Fall 2021 Season:6 Home games for UR all 2pm kickoffs

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL

Saturday, September 4
*Delaware at Maine
*New Hampshire at Stony Brook
UAlbany at North Dakota State
Wofford at Elon
Morehead State at James Madison
Bryant at Rhode Island
Howard at Richmond
Towson at Morgan State
Villanova at Lehigh
William & Mary at Virginia

Saturday, September 11
*Rhode Island at UAlbany
*Maine at James Madison
*Towson at New Hampshire
St. Francis (Pa.) at Delaware
Elon at Campbell
Lehigh at Richmond
Stony Brook at Colgate
Bucknell at Villanova
Lafayette at William & Mary

Saturday, September 18
*Richmond at Villanova
UAlbany at Syracuse
Delaware at Rutgers
Elon at Appalachian State
James Madison at Weber State
Merrimack at Maine
New Hampshire at Lafayette
Rhode Island at Brown
Stony Brook at Oregon
North Dakota State at Towson
William & Mary at Colgate

Saturday, September 25
*William & Mary at Elon
Maine at Northern Illinois
New Hampshire at Pitt
Richmond at Virginia Tech
Fordham at Stony Brook
Towson at San Diego State
Villanova at Penn State

Saturday, October 2
*UAlbany at Delaware
*Elon at Richmond
*James Madison at New Hampshire
*Stony Brook at Rhode Island

Saturday, October 9
*Stony Brook at Towson
*Villanova at James Madison
*UAlbany at William & Mary
*Delaware at Rhode Island
*Elon at Maine

Saturday, October 16
*James Madison at Richmond
*Delaware at Stony Brook
*Villanova at UAlbany
*William & Mary at Maine
*Rhode Island at Towson
Dartmouth at New Hampshire

Saturday, October 23
*New Hampshire at Elon
*Maine at UAlbany
*James Madison at Delaware
*Rhode Island at Villanova
*Richmond at Stony Brook
*Towson at William & Mary

Saturday, October 30
*UAlbany at Towson
*Maine at Rhode Island
*Elon at James Madison
*Richmond at New Hampshire
*William & Mary at Villanova
Dixie State at Delaware

Saturday, November 6
*William & Mary at Delaware
*Villanova at Elon
*New Hampshire at UAlbany
*Stony Brook at Maine
*Towson at Richmond
Campbell at James Madison
Rhode Island at UMass

Saturday, November 13
*Stony Brook at Villanova
*James Madison at William & Mary
*Delaware at Richmond
*Elon at Towson
*New Hampshire at Rhode Island
Morgan State at UAlbany
Maine at UMass

Saturday, November 20
*Towson at James Madison
*UAlbany at Stony Brook
*Villanova at Delaware
*Rhode Island at Elon
*Maine at New Hampshire
*Richmond at William & Mary

Last edited:
Ha! Not sure about Homecoming, or fans, but I expect the Season Ticket package within 10 days.

Really hoping by fall, we’ve got this thing whipped.

Regret we have to go to Villanova again, but glad to finally get another shot at New Hampshire

Go Spiders!

Will book SRQ<—->BOS for UNH game on 10/30
Will book SRQ<—->LGA for SBU game on 10/23

Season Tix renewal

Red Zone for Lehigh 9/11

This is a very tough Fall schedule.It diminishes the importance of this upcoming Spring season.
Let everyone play.Forget the record.Minimize injuries.Use it as 6 scrimmages.We’ll also have immediate contributors with the incoming Class of 2021 this Fall.Get the roster to 90.

Whoever signed off on our Fall schedule didn't do us any favors. That is a tough row to hoe ...
Agree

Couple of Poll folks have put out top 25 already. One has 5 CAA team in it, we play 4, the other has 6 CAA team in it we play 5, if I remember them correctly.
I did not look back up to be exact which had the higher number, but you are right. On the bright side of it Spiders can go 8-3 against this schedule they should make post season, 7-4 might be enough.

There will definitely be fans in the fall. I mean they'll be permitted. Whether anyone shows up is a different story.

Last edited:
Noteworthy Games:

2 CAA teams play North Dakota State-Albany visits,Towson hosts

Lehigh plays Nova on 9/4
Lehigh plays UR on 9/11
UR plays Nova on 9/18

UR back-to-back Away games(hopefully plane travel):
SBU 10/23
UNH 10/30

CAA money games( v FBS):

WM v UVa
SBU v Oregon
Nova v Penn State
Towson v San Diego State
UNH v Pitt
Maine v NIU
URI v UMass
Maine v UMass
UR v VTech
UD v Rutgers
Albany v Syracuse
JMU none

Last edited:
Noteworthy Games:

2 CAA teams play North Dakota State-Albany visits,Towson hosts

Lehigh plays Nova on 9/4
Lehigh plays UR on 9/11
UR plays Nova on 9/18

UR back-to-back Away games(hopefully plane travel):
SBU 10/23
UNH 10/30

CAA money games( v FBS):

WM v UVa
SBU v Oregon
Nova v Penn State
Towson v San Diego State
UNH v Pitt
Maine v NIU
URI v UMass
Maine v UMass
UR v VTech
UD v Rutgers
Albany v Syracuse
JMU none
ND State is playing at Towson? Why in the world?

NDSU played at Delaware in 2018. Maybe it likes to play an occasional intersectional game. Plus, they travel well. If you're from ND it would be a fun trip to go to the DC area, maybe see a game at Camden Yards.

NDSU played at Delaware in 2018. Maybe it likes to play an occasional intersectional game. Plus, they travel well. If you're from ND it would be a fun trip to go to the DC area, maybe see a game at Camden Yards.
The Delaware game made more sense. History, large fan base, seemingly decent to good team that year. I don't understand the draw with Towson. They're not that good. They don't have a fanbase. It's just a weird game. If NDSU wants a road game in FCS, it could literally pick any opponent and get one.

I realize they played for the title seven years ago, but Towson has not done too much since then.

Some other deals:

Duquesne will open the 2022 campaign at Florida State.

Duquesne is slated to travel to Tallahassee to take on the three-time national champion Seminoles on Aug. 27, 2022 at Doak Campbell Stadium.

Duquesne is scheduled to begin the 2021 fall season with a pair of matchups at FBS opponents, first at TCU on Sept. 4 followed by a trip to Ohio University on Sept. 11. Duquesne is also slated to return to Honolulu in 2022 to face the Rainbow Warriors on Sept. 17.

Looks like 4 and 7 based on the schedule I see. Wins over Howard, Lehigh, Elon and the Indians. Losses to Tech (although you never know there), nova, jmu, stony Brook, Towson, UNH, and UD. I wonder if 4 and 7 would push Huesman out, I would think it would.

I suspect we go 6-5 maybe 7-4 with a quick start. Mostly because the defense is too damned good not to. But we’ll miss the playoffs again. But be ranked early in the season. Although that seems to be enough at UR as long as you’re close. I think nearly every sport we’ve spiked the ball on the 5 yard line (except baseball where we don’t get across midfield).

I suspect we go 6-5 maybe 7-4 with a quick start. Mostly because the defense is too damned good not to. But we’ll miss the playoffs again. But be ranked early in the season. Although that seems to be enough at UR as long as you’re close. I think nearly every sport we’ve spiked the ball on the 5 yard line (except baseball where we don’t get across midfield).
The defense will be very good and I think UR will be in just about every game (even the Tech game because Tech is not gonna be very good) but the offense just won’t be able to do enough to close out a lot of games. I actually think the offense has the ability to be very good if there was better/more creative play calling and just an overall system that would fit the talent better. If we do see improvement on offense then this will be a playoff team.

DT, don't forget we have had success on the ladies side -- that seems to be enough in the Robins Center

Twice Huesman says he is happy they got out of the Spring 4 game season with no injuries. Didn't Aaron Dykes hurt his ankle in one game and Ryan Coll break his leg in the first game? Imagine your starting RB and starting LG go down and you don't think you had any injuries.

Gonna try to make a few games this fall. I’ve got season tickets for Tech football so the way the two home schedules align it looks like Elon and Towson I’ll be able to make. Of course I’ll see UR play at Tech as well. If any of y’all are coming to that game hit me up. I’ll have a tailgate spot so come by and see me, drinks on the house for Spider fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1

salient points of Russ/Bob interview-

: 1st of 4 summer camps had max of 100 participants,waiting list of 35.3 Camps in July.
: Since June 1,prospects on campus daily.Quiet period remains in effect.
: current players-
- 25 at UR now internships in RVA ,Brinks early morning lifting
- June 20,2nd summer school session begins.75-80 players reporting at that time
- Preseason camp begins August 6,25 practices allowed over a 29 day period
- all 5th and 6th year seniors returning

Recruiting:
-Expecting to sign 12-13 for Class 2022(Class 2021 signed 12)
- Subsequent years will be larger(undefined)

Last edited:
I'd rather we play a historical rival like VMI than St. Francis or Duquesne or Howard. VMI would put some fans in the stands.
2022 UR plays at Lehigh and hosts St Francis.

2023 UR hosts Morgan State.

No additional future UR FCS OOC has been publicly announced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT