ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Cosh gets top job at Stony Brook

Will be interesting to see if any Spiders he helped recruit are interested in joining him on Long Island…

If Udinski has given up on pro ball wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a coaching start there…

Hard to imagine BC staying long enough for a full rebuild, but he’s betting on himself and I wouldn’t underestimate what he gets done.

Too bad the Seawolves aren’t on our schedule in 2024…as crazy as the scheduling formula is he may be gone by the time UR and SB go at it again…

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
That partial graphic on the Tweet (are they still called that?) looks like it was designed by the same guy who created the current version of WebstUR.

wishing Billy luck and hoping for some 2nd place finishes. I expect he brings transfers like he’s in boulder 🤣

have no idea what Jasiah is thinking, but I don't mind speculating...he knows Coach Cosh and his former "Air Raid" offense which emphasizes a receiver with the skills of Williams...

Stony B may give Williams a good chance to be "the man" among the receiver corp there and have a dynamite year which might give him a shot to play pro ball...

he must also know something about the Seawolves QB situation...I don't recall much about the QB who played last season...I imagine Coach Cosh is bringing in his man to play QB ala Udinsky...a good QB will be necessary to make Williams season a big success.

Good luck to him...the Spiders will miss him.

Go Spiders!

All good points. My gut tells me he wants to test the waters and see what his best fit could be. We do have lots of talent in the slot position with Veney and Garcia coming back. He may not get the offers he is looking for and land back with UR. Great local kid that has brought intensity and heart to our program. My two biggest memories of him both took place at WM. Three years ago taking a pass to the house for a game winner and last year throwing a TD.

Last edited:
2022 RU 13 games 72 rushes. -1.33/carry. Third in rushing attempts 515 passes
2023 KW 11 games 111 rushes 401 yds 3.6/carry second in rushing attempts 189 pass attempts
CC 7 games 20 rushes -1.4/carry 150 pass attempts

I looked at the WMU stats. Several QBs were used. The 8 gamer was way down on the rushing list. They did have a primary RB and the 8 gamer Qb had 226 Pass attempts and 44 rushing attempts.

WMU also had two primary running backs just over 300 rushes one a 1000 yd rusher.

If Richmond had a more pass oriented game would he be in the portal?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT