ADVERTISEMENT

Beat VCU

Is Grant already tired? G scores 6 points we yank him and VCU goes on a 8-0 run

Playing poorly... need it to be under 10 at the half if we have any chance....

Both teams very loose with the ball. Good to see us keeping it close. I have to think we won't continue to turn it over so much while they will.

Fun first half, love seeing Grant play so we'll in this game. Great contributions from everyone. What a shame to give up that long late 3 but I feel good about where we are.

Reactions: bullfrog91
Spiders would be comfortable right now if it weren’t for that pesky Hyland, who miraculously made 4 3’s in the half.

Geez. This Bones dude might be an issue. That last three was a bomb.

good Fight getting back in this one. Have to keep it up.

Reactions: gospidersgo
We outrebounded them 17-15 in the first half. The guys showed me a lot by coming back like they did. Time to bring home the win now...

Solid end of the half...bones last 3 suxed but happy to be tied the way it started.....hope we have gas in tank...grant looked winded!

Win or lose this game, this team no doubt has HEART! Nice move I like was Mooney going with Sal and not seeing Grace. CM going with a VCU type athlete against their like athletes. No diss on Grace but probably a bad matchup.

Let's get the ball over the mid-court line - let's sprint it up the floor, instead of a few bounces with no plan. No more slow dribbling from the end line to mid-court, please.

Win or lose this game, this team no doubt has HEART! Nice move I like was Mooney going with Sal and not seeing Grace. CM going with a VCU type athlete against their like athletes. No diss on Grace but probably a bad matchup.
Sal is hedging hard on screens too which seems like a new wrinkle to what we normally do. MSS has been held in check so far.

Deer in headlights

Sure look that way for too long especially Jacob. Guys like Woj, Sal, Burton stepped up to give some quality minutes. This game is so winnable and hopefully quick start by Spiders and maybe they tighten up. VCU must think we made 3s and forced plenty of turnovers and lucky to be tied.

That’s about as bad of a start to the 2nd half as could possibly happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT