ADVERTISEMENT

Back to the games - Fordham

urmite

Spider's Club
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Some of Fordham's stats don't look too promising from our standpoint.

Pomeroy has them...

On defense
3rd in the nation out of 351 in steals
5th in 3 point defense
16th in blocks

On offense
34th in 3 point %
67th in offensive rebounds

Some of Fordham's stats don't look too promising from our standpoint.

Pomeroy has them...

On defense
3rd in the nation out of 351 in steals
5th in 3 point defense
16th in blocks

On offense
34th in 3 point %
67th in offensive rebounds

A lot of their stats are inflated by playing a ton of really really bad teams. They have lost to every top 200 team they have played according to kenpom. That is right, they have no top 200 wins. When adjusted for the level of competition their defense is good, but their offense is below average. Kenpom gives us a 48% chance to win, we were favored before the Saint Joe's and URI debacles. I really hope we bounce back this game and see some improvement on defense. If we hold them to a reasonable 3pt shooting percentage I like our chances.

Reactions: Ram Bal
I see a 25-point loss. Our leading scorer will be Keith Oddo with 6. One of our players will suffer a season-ending injury. Rob Jones will get two technicals and be ejected. We will be outrebounded by 31. Fordham will make a school record 28 three-pointers. Our team bus will break down on the way back to the airport home.

I see a 25-point loss. Our leading scorer will be Keith Oddo with 6. One of our players will suffer a season-ending injury. Rob Jones will get two technicals and be ejected. We will be outrebounded by 31. Fordham will make a school record 28 three-pointers. Our team bus will break down on the way back to the airport home.

Due to a series of weather related mishaps our team won't get back to Richmond until mid afternoon on Wednesday. After barely sleeping for days and getting no time to practice we will go 0-30 from the free throw line at home against La Salle and lose by 1.

2011 glad to see you have gotten onboard with the sandbagging strategy...

Can we delete "Back to the games" from the thread title?

Can you change subjects? And originally this was for thoughts on our next opponent's performance so far this season.
Now?

I still think the team that shoots a better percentage of its 2-point attempts will win this one...:(

Reactions: fan2011
I hope the Spiders will leave first thing Friday morning and get there two days early. Then at least if we lose, I don't have to read a bunch of posts blaming it on travel problems.
It's time to see some attitude and a sense of urgency from this team.

Reactions: urfan1
Spider B - but if the Spiders sit TD and DT, play a new kind of defense and deny Fordham a good look at a 3 and lose on a dunk instead, then what will happen?

Fordham is improved - but they have played no real competition. Their best win to date is St. Johns? LaSalle?

Either way - I remember them usually giving us a tough game at their place and I bet their confidence is soaring as they have not won this many games in several years. We need to get off to a good start, quiet the crowd, get our confidence back and while knocking Fordham down and reminding them - they are Fordham.

I say play man to man the first half, and tell guys to just man up and don't let your guy score.

I'm too lazy to look it up...did Neubauer go with Beilein to WVU and then leave from there, or did he leave while Beilein was still at Richmond? I think the former but can't recall for sure.

Went with him to WVU and then got the gig at EKU

He went to WVU first...three years there I think before he got the EKU job.

Off subject does Mike Winecki at Clemson now have a shaved head? Was not sure
when i watched Clemson play the other night, if that was him. He looked like he had
some facial hair going.

I saw the Fordham @ GW game. Fordham was missing 2 players and looked like Mooney Year 1. BUT they were a completely different team in the 2nd half and put a real scare into GW. If they play against us like they did in the second half of the GW game we are going to have to bring our A game to win on their home court.

Reactions: 32counter
If we lose to Fordham (which by the way I don't think will happen) - who will be the first person to start the "At least we have good kids AND we finish in the RPI top 100 we are in the top 30% of country" thread.

Reactions: SpiderK
I will volunteer to post "At least our SAT scores are higher".

I saw the Fordham @ GW game. Fordham was missing 2 players and looked like Mooney Year 1. BUT they were a completely different team in the 2nd half and put a real scare into GW. If they play against us like they did in the second half of the GW game we are going to have to bring our A game to win on their home court.

This will be a tough one.If we lose,long season ahead.If we win,we can at least get off the canvas and get ready for LaSalle with a clear head.

Invited 12 to game from NYC and CT.We will do our part.

Reactions: Ulla1
Check Cal,Davidson,Fordham SAT scores before you start thread.

Well we will probably beat all three of these teams this year so...

I am sure everyone on this board got a 1600.

Last edited:
Knew Davidson's SATs are better, was pretty sure we were ahead of Fordham. Hope I don't have to post that.

BTW, another A10 academic bastion vdu, tied with 41 others including Ouachita Baptist University, at #410. Go A10! OSC

I went to see Creed this afternoon, the latest (and pretty darned good) segment of the Rocky saga. It may be worthwhile for the team to watch it, shortly before this game, since it certainly focuses nicely on "never quitting." Hope we bring a full effort to this game, which is definitely winnable, if we are focused and in "high-energy" mode. Strangely, this may be our "turning-point" game, for this season.

If our team has to watch a movie to get fired up for a game at this point then we are in deep shite. Although I have been watching the Rocky marathon on AMC all week.

No real purpose, just what some here say after we lose a hoops game.

I went to see Creed this afternoon, the latest (and pretty darned good) segment of the Rocky saga. It may be worthwhile for the team to watch it, shortly before this game, since it certainly focuses nicely on "never quitting." Hope we bring a full effort to this game, which is definitely winnable, if we are focused and in "high-energy" mode. Strangely, this may be our "turning-point" game, for this season.
I truly hope so. That would be a very good thing.

Invited 12 to game from NYC and CT.We will do our part.
Great job 32. I know in past years we have had a strong Spiders contingent. I will only be myself and one other but once my voice recovers from my sons h.s. game last night plan to be vocal :). Friends of mine had a niece that ran track at Fordham. Two years ago they cam with me and met her at the game and after she asks, what is going on, why were there so many Richmond fans.

With Fordham's success so far this year, I would expect a better crowd on their side this time.

Fordham is much improved this is by no means a gimme. Would really suck and be a dagger to start 0-3. After such a promising OOC. Never an easy moment being a spider fan the last number of years. The roller coaster continues...

If the team watches any movie it should be Hoosiers. Learn how to set picks, rebound and shoot like Jimmy Chitwood. "Don't get caught watching the paint dry!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT