ADVERTISEMENT

Aidan Noyes - 2021 Commit

kid is bouncy.
he's thin. that might be holding back some bigger schools. but the skill set and athleticism is definitely there.

Reactions: plydogg
VCU really trying to mooch on our offers lately. Rhoades and Brunt have a wire in the RC or something? Can't find your own recruits anymore?

An App State-focused article on Noyes, but some context on him. Sounds like not committing terribly soon.

“I’ve already narrowed my list down, but I’m not announcing it publicly. As far as committing goes, I’m planning on waiting it out a little bit,” Noyes confirms. “I want to play a little bit of my season, that’s the plan as of right now. That could change, because there are schools that I really, really like.”

Moeller must be a heck of a program for a 6'6" athletic sharp shooting guard with 20 offers to be coming off the bench junior year.
much easier to earn playing time at the high school in my town!

Moeller must be a heck of a program for a 6'6" athletic sharp shooting guard with 20 offers to be coming off the bench junior year.
much easier to earn playing time at the high school in my town!

2019-20 roster
- Logan Duncomb (2021) - Indiana
- Alex Williams (2021) - Furman
- Max Land (2020) - St. Francis (PA)
- Will McCracken (2021) - UNCW
- Michael Currin (2020) - went to Dayton (not to play basketball) and tragically died six weeks ago after falling out of the bed of a moving pickup
- Aidan Noyes (2021) - offers from UR, VCU, Charlotte, etc.
- Aidan Turner (2021) - Charleston (WV) - D2
- Evan Mahaffey (2022) - offers from Cincinnati, X, VT

Well dont think I am crazy, but he reminds me with his lanky looks, floppy hair, movement and his shooting
style of Pistol Pete. Now passing skills are not Pete’s or fancy dribbling, but he reminds me of the Pistol.

wow! I pretty much gave up after the Randolph commit. we need to replace a lot of shooting with Gilyard, Francis and Sherod being seniors. I think we've successfully done that now with Randolph, Noyes and Dread on the wings plus Nelson at the point.

I'm not usually a "maybe this guy isn't done growing" guy, but maybe this guy isn't done growing? looks 6'6" and usually listed at that but I've seem him listed at 6'7" recently. he's certainly long. if he can get to Burton size and can be a 3/4, that would be a plus. needs to get stronger. crazy bouncy and a lights out shooter. I didn't see great quickness in his highlights, but he should be laterally quick if he's that explosive vertically.

a lot like Dread in that he's from a big time program and there's little tape or stats on him at this point. 3.8 ppg as a junior. but that shooting line is no joke. 24-25 from the line, 7-14 from 3.

Well dont think I am crazy, but he reminds me with his lanky looks, floppy hair, movement and his shooting
style of Pistol Pete. Now passing skills are not Pete’s or fancy dribbling, but he reminds me of the Pistol.
you're right, I do see it physically! nobody can pass like Maravich did, and really nobody should even try.
I wonder what Tom Chambers looked like in high school. he ended up bigger, but Noyes has that kind of hops.

I feel pretty confident that the recruiting for Noyes was from his AAU (or wherever) play.
I wonder how much AAU he played before this year. he's a two sport guy, also playing HS baseball. AAU hoops and baseball are a major conflict.

“I’ve already narrowed my list down, but I’m not announcing it publicly. As far as committing goes, I’m planning on waiting it out a little bit,” Noyes confirms. “I want to play a little bit of my season, that’s the plan as of right now. That could change, because there are schools that I really, really like.”

Interesting, as it sounds like he was going to go after some bigger league offers, but committed now. Wondering if our staff exerted some pressure to sign now?

dead period was extended again. cases are rising everywhere, including Ohio. who knows how much of a high school season we'll have.

Aidan might have just woke up one day ready to chose the team and coaches he felt best about. I doubt very much we pressured him.

Reactions: nathanw19
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT