ADVERTISEMENT

A10 vs. the P5

Last I checked West Virginia was looking like the likely victor of our Las Vegas Thanksgiving tourney, with a 46-30 lead over SDST, with 16 minutes to go. WVU had already committed 17 fouls, but only had two guys with 3, so no one was in real danger of fouling out, and the pressure will likely continue to the end of this game. My bet is that SDState will not handle the pressure nearly as well as UR did. It would be nice to know that the 14th ranked team in the country (CAL) finished 4th in this tourney, and that UR almost beat the eventual champs. And, if WVU wins this game, they will almost certainly also be ranked in the top 20-25. If so, we just barely missed another top-25 win. If this game continues to a WVU win, it will give the A-10 another "feather in our OOC cap." Can anyone provide an update on how the A-10 has done out of conference, OVERALL, so far? And against big-five conferences? My bet is that we are doing pretty darned well...

Last I checked West Virginia was looking like the likely victor of our Las Vegas Thanksgiving tourney, with a 46-30 lead over SDST, with 16 minutes to go. WVU had already committed 17 fouls, but only had two guys with 3, so no one was in real danger of fouling out, and the pressure will likely continue to the end of this game. My bet is that SDState will not handle the pressure nearly as well as UR did. It would be nice to know that the 14th ranked team in the country (CAL) finished 4th in this tourney, and that UR almost beat the eventual champs. And, if WVU wins this game, they will almost certainly also be ranked in the top 20-25. If so, we just barely missed another top-25 win. If this game continues to a WVU win, it will give the A-10 another "feather in our OOC cap." Can anyone provide an update on how the A-10 has done out of conference, OVERALL, so far? And against big-five conferences? My bet is that we are doing pretty darned well...

Here is a post from the A10 boards:

http://www.basketballforum.com/atla...-early-conference-rpi-watch.html#post13928946

Stats wise: better to beat WV and lose to San Diego or lose to WV and beat Cal? Or is it a wash?

A question we won't know the answer to until at least halfway through conference play, probably. My gut says we got the good end of the deal though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT