ADVERTISEMENT

A Sad Day for some at U of R...

SpiderFan

Graduate Assistant
Jun 7, 2001
...or at least me. Just got a notice in the mail from the graduate trustees that they have decided to shutter the chapter of FIJI at U of R as of April. Such a shame that it has come to this. I know there are always "fraternity rivalries" while on campus and such, but our chapter had been there since 1890. I hope it is able to be recolonized soon. Sometimes its hard being so far away from campus. I'm surprised Spidertag had not posted anything on here about it since he was an upperclassman when i was a young neophyte...he's probably too busy with all the red tape. ;)

That is not good news. As a SPE we enjoyed some great rivalries with the Gammies and I have good memories of the FIJI island parties attended. Hopefully Phi Gam will be able to come back. Don't like to see any fraternity closed.

I know that SPE closed for a year when I was there to regroup and get things back under control so hopefully its just temporary.

What does that put UR down to now inf fraternities? 4? 5?

Went thru this with my frat, lambda chi. Were off campus for several years for conduct unbecoming. Just recently started up a new chapter on campus. So, hang in there, things could turn around in the future.

yes, little bro, took quite a while to get back on campus but at least with all of the frats getting booted, there was a lodge available....lol. hope fiji gets it back and going.

Loosely it was risk management issues that weren't observed, requirements not obeyed set down by graduate chapter and didn't meet membership requirements 9read: adds).

What does the average fraternity at UR have as memberships #s these days. When I was there about 15 years ago we were at 40-50 guys depending on rush timing.

Sad though I was in another fraternity. Greek life has been killed at UR by the horrid Alison Bartel Lord. I heard that only 35% of students are Greek now, which is just sad. Thanks a lot, Bin Laden!

I'm afraid it's happening everywhere. When I was at H-S in the late 60s about 90% of the student body was Greek. It's now well under 50%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT