ADVERTISEMENT

8-23

Win or lose here its another example of why CM loses leads regularly. Two possessions and we didnt even try to create a shot or go theu the offense. Just let clock go down and chuck up a 3.
I agree we are running down the court and just throwing up 3s. It's mindless.

Win or lose here its another example of why CM loses leads regularly. Two possessions and we didnt even try to create a shot or go theu the offense. Just let clock go down and chuck up a 3.
Do you ever shut up? We led, on the road, for the final 35 minutes and 8 seconds of this game. And we won our 3rd straight game to move to 3-1 in A-10 play.

The game really should have been over when Mennenga missed that wide open 3 (when we played help D on Loyer when we didn't have to) then Goose had the strong take to hoop next possession. Big swing. Alas that was our last FG and we missed FTs down stretch. But road win and now on official mini win streak we need to keep going.

What on earth, up by 10 and just throwing up threes?????
Made no sense at all to me either. Spiders 2nd half finished 2-14 3PTA and 6-8 2PTA. Ended up 60% of their shots (27 of 45) being 3PTA. I would have to go back but didn't appear like all near end of shot clock ones either. Like you said nice lead, at least take some time off the clock.

Tyler scored with 9:20 left. After that, UR got 1 FG. It's not a new problem.

Glad UR won on the road but hope they can figure out how to get more buckets in the endgame. Relying on spotty FT shooting - especially from the backcourt - isn't a foolproof plan. Tyler finally got aggressive late and that's more of what the team needs IMO. There was at least one more possession where Nelson and Goose passed back and forth before a long Nelson 3 attempt - those types of fake offense possessions have to go away. Team has one of the frontrunners for A10 POY, get him the ball, again and again. He'll score.

Last edited:
Very happy the Spiders won. Felt like this was the road game to break the loss streak and it looked like the Spiders would run away with it. But then as everyone has said they fell in love with the 3 and the percentage went way down (same thing happened to Duquesne against us). The late game FT shooting has to improve and quickly.

Hope the team gets some good practice in - especially from the line. Now the Spiders go to the place I don’t have a good feeling about, even though the Bonnies are in rebuilding mode.

I think the fact we reverted to a semi match up zone defense at times really flustered Davidson. We have the athletes to do this at times. It was effective and we rarely got burned with a mismatch

57% from the free throw line isn’t going to cut it against good teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT