ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

Why? As a person he showed no particular charitable chararacteristics,
and he failed to live up to his own hype for us and VCU.
I have no ill will towards him, but as I have said over the years, someone that left of us for what he or she thinks are greener pastures I hope steps in cow dung in those pastures
He left because he was told there was no guaranteed playing time for him.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
And up next, NCAA decides on November 1, that Clark doesn’t get eligibility after all…

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Things are quiet on the new contacts/visits front, so did some more Twitter stalking. Peter Thomas follows Portland transfer Tyler Harris - no relation, although he seems to be a similar build (6'8, 190lb G/Wing). Averaged 12.1 points and 7.3 rebounds on 46% FG and 35.8% 3PT in his true freshman year this year, so would have 3 years to play.

Reactions: gospidersgo
This is notable - the @SpiderMBB team instagram account recently followed UConn transfer Apostolos Roumoglou, 6'8 215 with two years left. He's played in 44 career games for UConn, basically all in garbage time (a testament to how good UConn has been over the last two seasons).

The account doesn't follow any players besides those who are part of the program, so I'd think we have a commitment coming soon here. I'd definitely like this move - I'll take a scholarship player from a program of that caliber any day.

This is notable - the @SpiderMBB team instagram account recently followed UConn transfer Apostolos Roumoglou, 6'8 215 with two years left. He's played in 44 career games for UConn, basically all in garbage time (a testament to how good UConn has been over the last two seasons).

The account doesn't follow any players besides those who are part of the program, so I'd think we have a commitment coming soon here. I'd definitely like this move - I'll take a scholarship player from a program of that caliber any day.
Good find MD!

I approve of 6’8” Shooting guards that make 56% from three…

Aiden Mahaney was one of a few guys who visited Tony Bennett and UVA.....and, no surprise, went elsewhere. UVA is the only ACC team that has not added a transfer.....and they have as many roster holes as any team in the country. The fact that transfers can see the roster holes and see all the possible playing time and still say no is very telling.
News flash. He 's a damned good coach. Won a National Championship. Unless you are too lazy to play defense, many would die to become a Hoo.

Is Bennett your new Dji?

nice detective work MD!
Let's keep that Ελλάδα to Richmond pipeline flowing 😁

Stonehill has 23 varsity sports competing in the NCAA Division 1 Northeast Conference. Stonehill offers 20 group exercise classes each semester.
I do wonder what their D1 record was in 2018-2019?

Chris Fleming 2.0.
Took me a little while to put this together :). Completely forgot that Fleming was a Uconn transfer.

Trying to find some highlights on Apostolos, hard to do. I guess not much footage from limited PT at Uconn, and came over from Greece so no HS or AAU highlights. If we do land him, I think the positive is that he has been practicing against the best players in college for two years. But, as AI once said: We talkin...........................................................Not A GAME, NOT A GAME.

He might end up being nothing, but being in a winning culture like that for two years and like 23 said practicing against the best players is a great learning opportunity and big positive. And I like getting a drop-down guy like this, too. Hasn’t been in our wheelhouse previously.

Wow, less than a week after committing to VCU, Norfolk State's Jamarii Thomas has flipped to South Carolina.

Well shoot, if you had read the press clipping on this guy, it was like VCU had already made it to the Sweet 16 next year and the poof, he's gone. That sure is sad. I'm sure whomever they sign next will be the next great piece too though, so don't despair.

Reactions: SpiderDogg
Yep, VCU got played. It's a wacky wild world out there. They are certainly very butt hurt over this. I get it, but I think it is extra hurtful since they have not done well in the portal - so they are focusing on this guy. They are acting like unbelievable that he would leave the great program VCU for the pit of SC. Newsflash, UofSC has a dynamic coach, coming of a very good season, and I'm sure flush with NIL cash. So yes, they are not able to offer an ugly gym, that only sells out vs Richmond, but hey they used to have Shaka!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT