ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

I don't think we're really in the mix there anyway so I view it as a good thing that a Carolina is in. vcu already was penciling him in, so that would be a blow for them.

We were close on Gus Larson out of high school, but he opted for Penn. Barely played in two years there with injury issues, then transferred to Cal last year. Saw time in most games this season, but very limited minutes and stats. Back in the portal again this year.

Reactions: urfan1
We were close on Gus Larson out of high school, but he opted for Penn. Barely played in two years there with injury issues, then transferred to Cal last year. Saw time in most games this season, but very limited minutes and stats. Back in the portal again this year.
can't see taking a 4th 5.

haha. While I would agree as a fan, I don't think it's the same for those who play for him.

Also,
Hubert Davis
Jon Scheyer
Mark Pope

this is not Dean, Coach K and 90s Pitino we're talking about in competition. And Duke and UK have about 5 total players combined returning.

Some may remember we offered Madison Durr in high school a few years ago, but then things went quiet with him and he took an extra year at Hargrave before heading to The Citadel. Now transferring to Monmouth.

Reactions: spiderman
Looks like we're not getting a visit from Miami's Christian Watson.

I'd also love to know how many NIL agents we're working with. Can't imagine the staff love them.

EDIT: Looks like this NIL agency (YMAPAA) is co-founded/run by Lil Wayne. Having a great time imagining Gipe and Mooney on a Zoom call with him...

the more I think about it, as crazy as it sounds it's probably a good idea for college athletes to have an NIL agent.

without one, you're walking in blind. first off, it looks bad and has to be uncomfortable bringing up NIL to a coach. then you have to argue your worth. and you have no data. just hearsay about what other kids are getting. these agencies have that info. I assume they help with contracts. may even help find NIL opportunities beyond whay the school is offering.

probably would be the way I'd go if I was a college athlete in high demand.

the more I think about it, as crazy as it sounds it's probably a good idea for college athletes to have an NIL agent.

without one, you're walking in blind. first off, it looks bad and has to be uncomfortable bringing up NIL to a coach. then you have to argue your worth. and you have no data. just hearsay about what other kids are getting. these agencies have that info. I assume they help with contracts. may even help find NIL opportunities beyond whay the school is offering.

probably would be the way I'd go if I was a college athlete in high demand.
Yeah, unfortunately. Most people don't buy a house without a real estate agent because you want a professional who is going to get you the best deal.

Apparently, the NCAA approved legislation last week that mandates all transfers, including grad transfers, have to enter the portal by May 1. Previously, grad transfers did not have a deadline to enter the portal (as we saw with Tyler Burton).

This is a pretty big deal and should accelerate the time frame for players to start commiting to schools earlier than before. Starting May 1, the number of transfers available is only going to get smaller and smaller as the days go by.

I feel like the commitments are already moving quickly this year.
if your awesome google sheet is up to date, we reached out to at least 65 guys and only 25 of them are still uncommitted.

Reactions: urfan1
Apparently, the NCAA approved legislation last week that mandates all transfers, including grad transfers, have to enter the portal by May 1. Previously, grad transfers did not have a deadline to enter the portal (as we saw with Tyler Burton).

This is a pretty big deal and should accelerate the time frame for players to start commiting to schools earlier than before. Starting May 1, the number of transfers available is only going to get smaller and smaller as the days go by.

We need more rules. I like this one. But…also highly challengeable & expect it will be like any other once a big state school is negatively impacted.

These guys all take summer sessions. R u telling me a kid who needs credits in summer to finish degree can’t grad transfer post May 1 regardless? I don’t buy it. Just like coaching change & mental health exceptions I bet there will be summer grad exceptions. And there is an argument.

But it will be good if ncaa can recover some enforcement powers.

Thought this was interesting - I found a spreadhseet that tracks every D1 team's current scholarship allotment, sortable by conference.

While it seems like we have a ton of work to do with 4 scholarships to fill, that's right about middle of the pack compared to other A10 schools. VCU and Bona have the most work to do with 7 open scholarships each. Duquense has 6 to fill, Rhode Island has 5, and then UR/La Salle/Dayton have 4. Only Loyola and GW have 1 spot or less to fill for next year at the moment.

Also wanted to point out, this assumes Soulis did not get a redshirt last year, but will probably update once we post a 2024-2025 roster.

College Basketball Scholarship Tracker

Couple other tidbits for today:

- Leland Walker is visiting FAU this week.
- Kalu Anya is expected to visit SLU in the coming days.

Thought this was interesting - I found a spreadhseet that tracks every D1 team's current scholarship allotment, sortable by conference.

While it seems like we have a ton of work to do with 4 scholarships to fill, that's right about middle of the pack compared to other A10 schools. VCU and Bona have the most work to do with 7 open scholarships each. Duquense has 6 to fill, Rhode Island has 5, and then UR/La Salle/Dayton have 4. Only Loyola and GW have 1 spot or less to fill for next year at the moment.

Also wanted to point out, this assumes Soulis did not get a redshirt last year, but will probably update once we post a 2024-2025 roster.

College Basketball Scholarship Tracker
GW?

And here is Torvik A10 projection with no more transfers in or out.
Apparently Graham get on the court before Robinson.

GW?

And here is Torvik A10 projection with no more transfers in or out.
Apparently Graham get on the court before Robinson.
lol, can you provide a tutorial on how to read that? :oops:

no idea what I'm look at. I get projected record, though don't like what it says.
Talent? Duquesne gets a 0 but they're going 17-14?

Remember a couple years ago when Torvik's preseason stuff had Dread with starter's minutes and Dji and Nelson buried on the bench? His stuff this time of year is meaningless.

Remember a couple years ago when Torvik's preseason stuff had Dread with starter's minutes and Dji and Nelson buried on the bench? His stuff this time of year is meaningless.
It isni’ meaningless, it is hilarious…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT