ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

On behalf of all of Spidernation, hard pass on this portal entry. I am disappointed though as I was really looking forward to hanging this over VCU fans head for the next 2 years.
Agreed. Esp since we coulda used Brickus.

All aboard the train to VUU.

AJ Storr to Kansas lol. So was the final figure closer to 1M (Storr wanting) or 750K (KU offering)?

I'm a big fan Jayhawks for decades but damn the NIL money KU is dealing with has to tell me probably Self and Co had to realize someone on the outside was paying HS kids in some form for years. I guess just don't get caught red handed.

I don't think TJ/Grant/Jacob were very happy when he decided to leave last year for VCU, so don't think that reaction is a troll.

Yeah I don't think they were too happy either which is why it looks more like a troll, but idk

Nelson is not starter quality for an A10 team. Two teams now have recruited over him after seeing him play for a year (assuming this transfer is because of Brickus). From the outside looking in, certainly seems like the ego is far too high and does not match the skills of the player. Maybe he could start for a low major?

That is a pretty epic troll job by TJ. I think Gilly and TJ were pretty public on their thoughts about Jaynel decision to transfer to our rival. Jaynel thought the grass was gonna be greener at VCU and he and his some of his supporters wanted to throw some dirt at our program/Mooney on the way out. Hence this response.

Reactions: WCUR11
Agree. Running from adversity multiple times instead of learning from it isn’t ideal.
I think that maybe is what happened when he left here. He thought he wasn't in the right system, was being used right, etc... Now, I think this transfer is probably more of an acknowledgement that he is not an A-10 level player and this is to move down to a lower conference more comparable with his skills.

On the one hand, I appreciate TJ and the others being so loyal to UR that the thought of any Spider transferring to vcu would get them angry, as it appears this transfer did. On the other hand, I hope that it hasn't prompted them to end the friendships that I'm sure they had with Nelson. He's a Richmond kid who wasn't going to have the role for us he thought he might, and so he went across town trying to find it. It didn't work there either and now he'll find a little lower level spot and probably do very well, possibly be back in the portal for his senior season somewhere better.

I didn't love that he went to vcu, but he's a good kid from a good family and I will root for him to do well.

Didn't realize that SEVEN guys from Duke had gone portaling. Not a lot of higher options than Duke, are there??

Reactions: urfan1
Here's a PG if we're looking for one...

giphy.gif

This will be an interesting one for Mason - Johnson is a four year SEC player who can be very up-and-down at times, but should be a really good A10 guard.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Not sure where to put this. I listened to some of this to see Odom views on NIL, portal, VA law etc. Pretty interesting because we would never have this kind of public, in depth convo with Mooney. Plus Odom is talking about national championships and Final 4's at VCU. Don't listen to that mr. spider!

But u gotta check out around minute 6:00...this radio guy Robby....calls Richmond fans dummies. They were talking about tackling dummies for drills and he asks if they were Richmond fans. U can make jokes in rivalries it's ok by me, and granted I've heard worse jokes said b4 on radio by the great Dick Tarrant, but isn't Rerun Robby known as a douche?

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Stefan Todorovic is back in the portal this year. He visited us last year when he was transferring out of SMU, but ended up at San Francisco.

Did not have a big role for the Dons this season. Started off the season with solid minutes and scoring off the bench, ended up in the starting lineup for a handful of games in early December, but petered out down the stretch. Never managed double-digit minutes after Christmas and only got on the floor in 7 of their 16 conference games.
Never saw any mention of us being involved with Todorovic this time around, but he's headed to Pepperdine.

A few other updates on guys we've been mentioned with:

- Kobe Elvis visited Oklahoma yesterday.
- Casey Jones was reportedly scheduled to visit Grand Canyon earlier this week.
- Shakeel Moore reportedly has high interest in Texas A&M and NC State.
- Comeh Emuobor visited Iona today.
- Jalen Leach has reportedly visited Virginia Tech and Northwestern.
- Isaiah Gray was reportedly scheduled to visit Minnesota.
- Moe Odum is reportedly scheduled to visit Hofstra later this month.
- Leland Walker had to reschedule an Indiana visit earlier this month, and it looks like it happened earlier this week.
- Maximus Edwards visited Duquesne last weekend.
- Arturo Dean has reportedly had his visit to Memphis rescheduled twice now, no new date given.
- Keon Henderson has visited D-IIs Kentucky State and Morehouse, and NAIA University of Saint Francis.
- Tre Dinkins is visiting Duquesne this weekend.

Saint Thomas is headed to USC. We were pretty heavy on him out of high school, but he opted for Loyola. Didn't do much there and transferred to Northern Colorado where he absolutely blew up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT