ADVERTISEMENT

2023–24 NET Ratings

DeLonnie was out injured for Wichita State and Northern Iowa and I bet we win both of those with him. Feels like that should be taken into consideration.

Supposedly they do but probably way down their list. Obv if we end up on bubble it could be one of our talking points. But I feel like most teams have a similar example.

Supposedly they do but probably way down their list. Obv if we end up on bubble it could be one of our talking points. But I feel like most teams have a similar example.
It will interesting to see how they take into account the ineligible transfers before the lawsuit…

It will interesting to see how they take into account the ineligible transfers before the lawsuit…

Yep & that is what I meant by similar. Injuries & transfers. The latter more of a wildcard. Could get more weight bc they r tired of getting beat up on these issues by courts & some media. Or they r bitter about same thing & treat as nothing. Idk. Personally I think best not to factor either. Depends on the committee makeup. Remember a lot of schools were pushing for transfer rules.

rooting interests tonight:
Coastal Carolina (hosts JMU, would be a disqualifying loss for JMU)
Dayton (visits Loyola, need that win to stay big)

anyone else?

also, JMU already will not be the #1 seed in the Sun Belt, they lost twice to Appy State h2h and are a game back with tonight's finales. Go Appy!

Am I reading schedules correct that somehow JMU did not play Troy (currently 3rd in Sun Belt 1 game back of JMU) at all this year? What kind of conference does that?

also, JMU already will not be the #1 seed in the Sun Belt, they lost twice to Appy State h2h and are a game back with tonight's finales. Go Appy!

Am I reading schedules correct that somehow JMU did not play Troy (currently 3rd in Sun Belt 1 game back of JMU) at all this year? What kind of conference does that?
Troy beat #1, didn’t play #2, and lost twice to #4?

Don't we need JMU to win the Sunbelt Tourney so Gill can’t give them an At Large?
So have to be for them after tonight?

Last edited:
Troy beat #1, didn’t play #2, and lost twice to #4?

Don't we need JMU to win the Sunbelt Tourney so agile can’t give them an At Large?
So have to be for them after tonight?
If they lose to Coastal, it shouldn't matter if they don't win the tourney, they won't get an at-large.

If they lose to Coastal, it shouldn't matter if they don't win the tourney, they won't get an at-large.
I’m just glad to document my autoincorrect.

Gill becomes agile

Better than usual.
I type Cat it asks, “Did you mean xz7!34df?”

Which is why I said after tonight.

Tonight is maybe the last chance to root against them. Don’t want them losing to anyone decent.

I thought JMU had a pretty bad SOS???? Looks like not hurting them.

Yeah it’s really bad & hopefully hurts them. Idk if JMU will be on the bubble or not. The Michigan State road win & overall record helping them. If both UR & JMU r on bubble that’s bad news.

But I think it’s still bad news if only UR is. Gill is 1 vote against us no matter what & he’s a rep from a non major league which in theory u would count on 4 support.

Nobody likes to get fired and bad mouthed on way out like many did here. He was due to be on ncaa committee when UR AD. Then pushed out & I think A10 commish took spot. But NCAA was very eager to get him back on esp with him losing the spot years earlier.

Our at large odds r still low, as of now. Unfortunately I would lower them even further based on Keith Gill.

Reactions: spider23
Yeah it’s really bad & hopefully hurts them. Idk if JMU will be on the bubble or not. The Michigan State road win & overall record helping them. If both UR & JMU r on bubble that’s bad news.

But I think it’s still bad news if only UR is. Gill is 1 vote against us no matter what & he’s a rep from a non major league which in theory u would count on 4 support.

Nobody likes to get fired and bad mouthed on way out like many did here. He was due to be on ncaa committee when UR AD. Then pushed out & I think A10 commish took spot. But NCAA was very eager to get him back on esp with him losing the spot years earlier.

Our at large odds r still low, as of now. Unfortunately I would lower them even further based on Keith Gill.
Yep. My point was that I think that someone posted that JMU had NET in 50’s. I realize they beat MSU and have lots of wins, but the last SOS I saw a while back sucked. If we played that schedule, where would out NET be?

Yep. My point was that I think that someone posted that JMU had NET in 50’s. I realize they beat MSU and have lots of wins, but the last SOS I saw a while back sucked. If we played that schedule, where would out NET be?
They killed a lot of those terrible teams, and voila, they have a decent NET.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Dayton loses on the road again, falling by 5. Tons of defensive breakdowns and even more awful turnovers.

I haven't seen Holmes enough to say, but he's not been great the times I've watched. Very lackadaisical on defense, zero left hand, commits tons of turnovers and fouls, many of the really awful variety.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
Dayton has no good road wins in conference play and will not win the league. Crazy to me that a team with 4 conference losses can be a lock for the tourney but neither of the teams ahead of it can have a chance? I'm not buying that.
Its sickening really. Its because their “metrics” and NET dont change even as the losses pile up. As has been said, metrics/NET seem to be set after first two months of the season.
I wonder how the analysts will spin this now. Will they give credit to good A10 teams or start saying Dayton not that good?

Reactions: Eight Legger
I mean if we win the league having beaten Dayton and supposing we finish two games ahead of them (and with a win at Loyola that they don't have, to boot) it's just crazy that we would get no credit for that in the eyes if the committee.

Our road record needs to factor in too. We have more road wins than all but five teams ahead of us in the NET! (St. Mary's, Indiana State, Princeton, JMU, McNeese)

Reactions: urfan1
Among the top 4 their is a lot of parity. Dayton has now lost on the road to all other in the double bye category . We a road win at Loyola and a home win v Dayton. Really need the win tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT