ADVERTISEMENT

2019/2020/2021/2022 Offers

We have far more offers out this time of year than we're ever had before. Always waited till camps to evaluate talent & then make offers in most cases. Hope most of the offers attend our camps.

Reactions: urfan1
To date,we have made 71 offers for the 2020 Class.
32, you’re doing a great job of collecting all of these offers.
Apparently, there has been a change of philosophy by the coaches and their recruiting tactics, when we
have 71 offers already out there.
Have we ever had this many offers out there in previous seasons?

We’ll have a JV team too.

Believe that we’ll have more than 90 offers for 15 spots,excluding transfers.

Lots can happen between now and early signing of December 18 and between now and Feb 5 regular signing.
I remember Dick Tarrant getting in trouble with administration by offering a kid a scholarship and then not accepting his confirmation. Couldn’t this happen with this many offers out there?

WR/DB,Thomas Dale HS,Richmond,Va

https://www.ultimaterecruit.com/profiles/?player_id=3645

Thomas Dale WR Jasiah Williams (Photo: Andy Hilton/recruit757)

Kent State flashes scholarship offer to Thomas Dale ATH Jasiah Williams
by Brandon Mitchell, recruit804

Last year was supposed to be a season in which all of the pieces of the puzzle were finally put into place for the Knights. Throughout the course of the summer it was easy to see that Thomas Dale had put itself in a position to easily contend with the Class 6B elite throughout the Central Region and beyond. Coming over from Dinwiddie in the off-season was wide receiver Jasiah Williams. It was a move that was poised to give the Knights a prospect that could stretch the field despite Thomas Dale making the switch to the Wing-T offensive set.

With starting quarterback Ejay Walker going down a few weeks before the start of the regular season in a scrimmage against Highland Springs, Coach Kevin Tucker and his coaching staff made the move to start Williams at quarterback. Subsequently, Williams made just two full starts at quarterback before suffering a fractured leg against L.C. Bird the second week of the season. Reports came out reflecting Williams would miss six-to-eight weeks and while his injury killed the better part of the season, it did everything but kill his spirit.

On Thursday morning, Williams (2020 ATH 5-11 170) took to social media in announcing the acquisition of his first collegiate offer from Kent State stating, “Lord knows how excited I am to finally say I’ve received my FIRST SCHOLARSHIP OFFER to Kent State!! (I’m) truly thankful for this opportunity.”

Despite missing the majority of the football season, the move doesn’t come as a surprise from Sean Lewis and the Golden Flashes coaching staff. In his sophomore season at Dinwiddie, Williams was the leading target for quarterback Peety Pope accumulating 693 receiving yards and six touchdowns. Williams also took a few handoffs out of the backfield rushing for 82 yards and one touchdown behind Tyre Dalton, Joseph Tyree and Peety Pope.

Statistically, Kent State didn’t have much to go by last season for Williams. However, the upside possessed by the Thomas Dale product heading into next season is absolutely tremendous. Now that the recruiting seal has been broken for Jasiah Williams, expect there to be an abundance of programs that’ll begin to show interest.

– Brandon Mitchell

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT