ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Gilyard - 2017 - Update

wow. a half moon backboard in use. haven't seen on of those on a regulation court in a long time.

My first backboard was the side of a barn. Used to get some weird rebounds from those overlapped boards.
Doubt many people will know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: urfan1
My first backboard was the side of a barn. Used to get some weird rebounds from those overlapped boards.
Doubt many people will know what I'm talking about.
Our players practice rebounding with no backboard at all.

wow. a half moon backboard in use. haven't seen on of those on a regulation court in a long time.

I played for TeeJay back in the mid 60's (so did Rivercup!). We had fan shaped backboards in our gym and it made it difficult for visiting teams who had never played on them. Regrettably not so difficult thet they couldn't beat us anyway!

nah. Frank Mason wasn't a difference maker as a freshman.
I am referring to his future at UR. By the time his senior season is over, he will be!!! Frank Mason is my homeboy....I coached again his high school team when I was a basketball coach at a local high school in Richmond.

Reactions: Ulla1
I am referring to his future at UR. By the time his senior season is over, he will be!!! Frank Mason is my homeboy....I coached again his high school team when I was a basketball coach at a local high school in Richmond.
I was kidding, downplaying Mason's greatness. he's a stud. must have been fun to coach a kid like that.

Reactions: gcarter52
In Missouri vs Kansas all star game, while Jacob's Missouri team lost, he went on a 5 - 0 run at the end to give them the lead. He was among the leading scorers and clearly was clutch when the pressure was on. So looking forward to the Spider newcomers in the fall.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/high-school/article143492569.html

For the sake of accuracy, I believe Jacob played for. The Missouri squad and his team won... At least that's the way I read it.

Interesting he is the only Missouri player in the picture.

I played for TeeJay back in the mid 60's (so did Rivercup!). We had fan shaped backboards in our gym and it made it difficult for visiting teams who had never played on them. Regrettably not so difficult thet they couldn't beat us anyway!
The problem at TJ wasn't the backboards. It was the wall at one end of the court and the opening into the auditorium on the other! One thing we (Panthers) knew, you were going to play Spud's 2-1-2 defense no matter what!

The problem at TJ wasn't the backboards. It was the wall at one end of the court and the opening into the auditorium on the other! One thing we (Panthers) knew, you were going to play Spud's 2-1-2 defense no matter what!

Ha! I've seen more than one run off the stage!

Spud's defense was actually a 1-2-2. Being that the basketball court was smaller than most, it worked pfetty well against most schools. Our problem was more a lack of offense than an issue with defense. The fan backboards disappeared in 1967.

If Jacob doesn't play much in games as a freshman, then practices should be well attended!

Reading through the article the team he put up 50 against is sending one guy to Xavier (also Mr. Show Me state P.O.Y.), one to Navy and at least 2 to D2 schools. This was legit competition that he torched.

there was talent on the floor, but it was an all-star game showcase. 112-101. nobody was killing themselves defensively.

Gilyard's a stud anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT