ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Gilyard - 2017 - Update

"The Richmond University commit, a lightning-quick 5’8” point guard, dropped a tournament-record 50 points in the title game of the Missouri Challenge."

I guess we don't have a ton of name recognition in the flyover states.
I guess the flyover states folks are JMU fans. They call us Richmond University aka RU

Thanks for posting the interview and the 50-point outing, and the "practice/workouts" videos. These combine to give a really good feel for what Jacob is all about.

He is an amazing competitor, shooter, ball-handler and passer. We have not had very many guards who are so able to regularly create their own shot, off the dribble. Jacob can do it consistently. He also has extremely quick hands and will surprise our fans with his number of steals and his defense.

Really looking forward to seeing Jacob play lots of minutes for UR this season. He makes those around him better, which is the true measure of a point-guard.

agreed, oldie. great hands and feet. ready to contribute and will have an impact.

Thanks for posting the interview and the 50-point outing, and the "practice/workouts" videos. These combine to give a really good feel for what Jacob is all about.

He is an amazing competitor, shooter, ball-handler and passer. We have not had very many guards who are so able to regularly create their own shot, off the dribble. Jacob can do it consistently. He also has extremely quick hands and will surprise our fans with his number of steals and his defense.

Really looking forward to seeing Jacob play lots of minutes for UR this season. He makes those around him better, which is the true measure of a point-guard.

We have not had very many guards who are so able to regularly create their own shot, off the dribble.

Other than, Kevin Anderson, Kendall Anthony you're right.

Talked briefly with Jacob while on campus last week. Jacob was well spoken, very polite and well grounded; an impressive young man with a certain charisma. He was also taller than I had thought. While I did not see him play, videos such as the one below don't lie. Based on his personal attributes, if he can play as the numerous videos and accolades he has received indicate, I have joined those who think he will be a BIG factor as a freshman.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiderK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT