ADVERTISEMENT

Bring on William & Mary

As long as we beat the Indians, it will be a successful season.

I'm glad a one win season sits well with you (I don't count Jacksonville). I've been pissed since they chased Rocco away and this just affirms what I thought would happen.

Reactions: 97spiderfan
This was so embarrassing and this was an old fashion ass kicking. I don't care if they play all frosh and sophmores, Please play kids that can tackle and not make stupid decisions.

I do not see us winning as many as last year especially with more injuries.

Reactions: SpiderK
Good news: on the postgame, Huesman said he told the team that 7-1 wins the conference and 9-2 makes the playoffs. Celebrate!

We have a terrific kicker- but the rest of the special team play was not good.

Our defensive backs, far more often than not, play so far off the receivers that
they make the other teams quarterback look like Tom Brady.

Wasn’t the defense (and I include special teams coverage) the number one priority
for Huesman to correct from last year? He failed.

Maybe penalties aren’t the coaches fault. I watched the UVA vs FSU game last night. I guess college football players are just not very smart.

I understand what you are saying Gallip, but you're letting the coach off the hook because that's as low as you can set the bar.

I understand what you are saying Gallip, but you're letting the coach off the hook because that's as low as you can set the bar.
I am saying the season is a bust. However, I am also saying that no matter how low we get, our coach is still better than Mike London.

Neither Rocco or Huesman is a media darling. Neither one is very smooth or articulate.
But I like the fact Russ does not accept losing very well. Last week UR had a bad day. We
were outplayed so badly, we looked like a Div II school that had just moved up to Div I.
I am not sure how good our depth is and as injuries pile up, that will be the answer.
As a measure of our coaches, that is difficult, but I think how this team responds in two weeks
will tell us a lot about the expectations for the rest of the season.

i too like that russ hates to lose , but i hope its not something we have to get used too, if indeed elon was a self described cross roads game, what did we learn ? i hope the admin has a list of coaches in mind just in case, seems dangerous to go into a coaches final year of his contract , will make recruiting allready harder than it is. maybe we had answer when we went 6-5 with kyle at quarterback . not sure how another year in a system thats not working on either side of the ball will help, but i admit its not my money glad i dont have to the one who makes the decision, with an allready limited fan base we need to win , or find someone to bring in some excitement

i too like that russ hates to lose , but i hope its not something we have to get used too, if indeed elon was a self described cross roads game, what did we learn ? i hope the admin has a list of coaches in mind just in case, seems dangerous to go into a coaches final year of his contract , will make recruiting allready harder than it is. maybe we had answer when we went 6-5 with kyle at quarterback . not sure how another year in a system thats not working on either side of the ball will help, but i admit its not my money glad i dont have to the one who makes the decision, with an allready limited fan base we need to win , or find someone to bring in some excitement
Me too. I like how he hates to lose. It such a refreshing contrast to Mooney and his positive spin on any loss. But at the end of the day, no matter how our coaches take losses, we are suffering far too many of them.

I spoke with a player from last year's team who had very little positive to say about Huesman, in terms of how he operates the program in general. I was hopeful that this was a Rocco guy who just couldn't adapt to a different style and that once Huesman's guys were running things, we'd see a change. Instead, we've seen more of the same, and it makes me think that this was not a "Rocco guys vs. Huesman guys" situation at all.

Having a losing culture in your big revenue sports spreads like wildfire. Look how long it has taken UVA to get back on
track with football and after Gillen it Bennett a few years to get things going to where they are an elite program in basketball.
Lacrosse helps somewhat but we need our primary revenue sports to start moving in the right direction and we
need it to happen quickly.

I want to remind everyone to look forward to the W&M game.
Having a losing culture in your big revenue sports spreads like wildfire. Look how long it has taken UVA to get back on
track with football and after Gillen it Bennett a few years to get things going to where they are an elite program in basketball.
Lacrosse helps somewhat but we need our primary revenue sports to start moving in the right direction and we
Hope we are not seeing the losing ways under Losing Lew (basketball) and Merrick (football).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT