ADVERTISEMENT

Bring on William & Mary

Rumor is London wants to coach his alma mater again and promises he will not leave for the head coaching job at Virginia.

Played damn well at JMU in pass blocking against a great Dline.

It’s the lack of interior push in the running game that kills us in terms of not having a balanced offense. I know we are paper thin at rb but how many times did we even try to run between the tackles today against a Tribe defense that isn’t a great unit? Everything was perimeter based because we can’t run inside. When you can’t run inside you have to pass more and the DL can pin their ears back more. I’m not calling our OL soft or weak...I’m sure they are busting their collective tails ...but the fact is we aren’t getting a push from them. We had less than 40 yards rushing today against a bad Tribe team. I’m disappointed that we didn’t run Mancuso more on designed Qb runs since he is our best rb but we just aren’t opening holes. I thought going into the season that the OL would be our strength. I don’t know what to think heading into next season.

Reactions: urfan1
Out coached by London but barely Russ and staff must go. Each year is worse. In Mooney approach. No more season tickets to watch ineptitude. Russ is no head coach and staff is a joke. Get some balls hardt and do what is demanded by on field performance and results. Send Russ for job hunt

Reactions: SpiderK
Richmond does not fire coaches, we can only dream and bitch about it.

FWIW I would take London back. All he did was win when he was here. I don't care whose players they were, he was smart enough not to muck it up. Most of us here were pretty upset when he left. How many would be upset if Huesman left?

Reactions: Eight Legger
Richmond does not fire coaches, we can only dream and bitch about it.

FWIW I would take London back. All he did was win when he was here. I don't care whose players they were, he was smart enough not to muck it up. Most of us here were pretty upset when he left. How many would be upset if Huesman left?
He was smart enough to leave before it got bad. Maybe we would of just kept getting recruits and it wouldn't of mattered, but his coaching skills would of been exposed here in due time.

What did Markus Vinson do to fall out of favor with the coaching staff? He started every game at corner last year and led the team in Pass Break Ups (and it wasn't close).. Feamster (a one and done player) comes in for one year and Vincent (who has three years vested in the program) becomes a ghost? I could understand this if Feamster played like Deion Sanders, but more often than not, his play was more like Colonel Sanders (greasy fingers and all). At worst, I would have thought that Vinson certainly could have gotten some of Nicholson's snaps.

Last edited:
What did Markus Vincent do to fall out of favor with the coaching staff? He started every game at corner last year and led the team in Pass Break Ups (and it wasn't close).. Feamster (a one and done player) comes in for one year and Vincent (who has three years vested in the program) becomes a ghost? I could understand this if Feamster played like Deion Sanders, but more often than not, his play was more like Colonel Sanders (greasy fingers and all). At worst, I would have thought that Vincent certainly could have gotten some of Nicholson's snaps.
I assume you're talking about Vinson.
I don't know the specifics behind the two-deep decisions, but he did miss a lot of tackles.

Reactions: urfan1
All transfers for QB welcome!!!

QB isn't the problem by a longshot, While I hate comparing players, even the "great' Lauletta couldn't give us more than what #12 gives us in the current 'system'. We have no ground game whatsoever, over the last two years without everyone's favorite whipping boy, I seem to remember that our 'playoff' team took a major step backwards during the All American's Senior Campaign (and that was with a plethora of talent that is long gone and far away (either through graduation or by choice). Was it Kyle or the 'system's' fault? I vote on the latter.

Three years ago, Lauletta was the answer for this 'system'. NOT!!!
Last year KJ was supposed to be the answer for this 'system'. NOT!!!!
This year Beau was supposed to be the answer for this 'sysyem'. NOT!!!

If I was #12, I would have walked today, and not looked back.

Last edited:
QB isn't the problem by a longshot, While I hate comparing players, even the "great' Lauletta couldn't give us more than what #12 gives us in the current 'system'. We have no ground game whatsoever, over the last two years without everyone's favorite whipping boy, I seem to remember that our 'playoff' team took a major step backwards during the All American's Senior Campaign (and that was with a plethora of talent that is long gone and far away (either through graduation or by choice). Was it Kyle or the 'system's' fault? I vote on the latter.

Lauletta got you 6-5 and a near win at JMU if the coach didn't decide to fake the FG in the closing minutes in one of the most bizarre calls ever seen. The only difference between Jr. year playoff Lauletta and Sr. year barely winning season Lauletta was the guy in the headphones.

Wow! Not only is 5-7 not improvement but here we are at the end of the season and this is the quality of play they can produce
Really 4-7. Does anybody really claim the Jacksonville game as anything more than a scrimmage against a good high school?

Ok coach. You made big changes and the results still stink. What is your plan for getting the players motivated to work hard in the off season. Or new recruits to buy into the UR future. What vision are you going to give them, and why will it work......this time?
It was "over' after Fordham, they just didn't know it then.

Lauletta got you 6-5 and a near win at JMU if the coach didn't decide to fake the FG in the closing minutes in one of the most bizarre calls ever seen. The only difference between Jr. year playoff Lauletta and Sr. year barely winning season Lauletta was the guy in the headphones.

My point made. Of course, it's coaching (to certainly include the OC), his "Southern Conference" offensive philosophy, and a stubbornness to accept responsibility for an abysmal head coaching record at UR.

The cupboard was not bare when he got here....that's a myth. He's just incapable of maximizing the talent on hand. In college football, you don't coach a system, you coach human beings. If you're not flexible enough to adapt to a school's talent and skills, you are useless and should go sell insurance or open a used car lot.

Players come and go....when it's all said and done, the Wins and Losses are on the Head Coach and no one else.

I don’t think we are physical enough on either side of the ball. I know that is a typical cliche thrown around by frustrated fans everywhere but we are a finesse offense and a defense that doesn’t cover or tackle consistently. That doesn’t work in the CAA. Add in the recklessness with ball security and you have a 5-7 team.

I don’t think we are physical enough on either side of the ball. I know that is a typical cliche thrown around by frustrated fans everywhere but we are a finesse offense and a defense that doesn’t cover or tackle consistently. That doesn’t work in the CAA. Add in the recklessness with ball security and you have a 5-7 team.
100% agree. We've got a lot of "sticks" out there going against "men". Unless you're recruiting and developing "big boys" and bringing in FBS transfers, no longer can you compete in CAA and for FCS championships. If 3 seasons of this terrible HS ball isn't enough for Hardt, UR Administration and their big donors, then they're just as embarrassing as the brand of FB we've had to endure. The players deserve a fighting chance, but with Huesman and his hapless cronies, they have none.

you're absolving #12 of responsibility? We can only hope he never looks back. He threw into quadruple coverage on a red zone INT and caused the game tying TD w/ his terrible ball protection.

When he played well, we looked decent, when he didn't, we didn't.

you're absolving #12 of responsibility? We can he never looks back.

Not absolving by a longshot. He needs to be held accountable.

My point is: in this 'system', with this 'coaching' staff, #12 is your passing game AND your running game, and under-appreciated for it. Coaching against the Spiders is easy. Stop 12, and there is no other option.

This coaching staff is outcoached every week...especially in the second half. I truly believe the team would be better served at half time if they were given vouchers for the concession stand and told to go get a cold drink and hot dog and be back in 12 minutes.

Question: in the current setup, do you think #5 could offer THIS team more than #12? Before you answer, remember that almost every running back is in ICU and we have band-aids and an offensive lineman posing as receivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Under Center
Not absolving by a longshot. He needs to be held accountable.

My point is: in this 'system', with this 'coaching' staff, #12 is your passing game AND your running game, and under-appreciated for it. Coaching against the Spiders is easy. Stop 12, and there is no other option.

This coaching staff is outcoached every week...especially in the second half. I truly believe the team would be better served at half time if they were given vouchers for the concession stand and told to go get a cold drink and hot dog and be back in 12 minutes.

Question: in the current setup, do you think #5 could offer THIS team more than #12? Before you answer, remember that almost every running back is in ICU and we have band-aids and an offensive lineman posing as receivers.

I'm assuming you mean #5 is Lauletta. Of course.. Lauletta was smart enough not to throw into double, triple or quadruple coverage.

Our GT receivers were solid MOST of the year. Fuller had two bad drops vs. JMU and yesterday.

We have zero margin for error. Eric Ward didn't get touched for 4 years. When the two RBs went down in the Nova game, our Running game was gone. We (and most others in our situation) don't have 5 string RBs that are game ready.

FCS football is QB driven. We need to find one, whether its on our roster or a GT.

I'm not saying that everything is perfect.

I'm a believer that players make need to make plays. (ie don't throw red zone INTs, take a sack , make foul shots, etc) #12 got probably more rope that other QBs would.

Fuller had bad drops in the Yale game, too, that would have put that game away. He was better when we were winning, but he seemed completely checked out the last two games.
Our GTs had 3 turnovers yesterday.

Fuller had bad drops in the Yale game, too, that would have put that game away. He was better when we were winning, but he seemed completely checked out the last two games.
Our GTs had 3 turnovers yesterday.

Was in the UR v Yale Red Zone tent in the southwest end zone watching directly in front of me the end zone dropped pass by #5.Perfect pass by #12.#5 had separation on DB as well.Oh well.

Ironically,Yale ran its onside kickoff successfully v Harvard yesterday.

Go to 1:10-exact same kick.

Last edited:
Nine times out of 10, the reason that a grand transfer is a grad transfer is because he wasn't good enough at the school he is transferring from.

Reactions: Stork3
true but in most cases, the schools they are coming from have a deeper depth chart than we do , anyway it seems to work for madison

Last edited:
What did Markus Vinson do to fall out of favor with the coaching staff? He started every game at corner last year and led the team in Pass Break Ups (and it wasn't close).. Feamster (a one and done player) comes in for one year and Vincent (who has three years vested in the program) becomes a ghost? I could understand this if Feamster played like Deion Sanders, but more often than not, his play was more like Colonel Sanders (greasy fingers and all). At worst, I would have thought that Vincent certainly could have gotten some of Nicholson's snaps.
Nicholson was targeted 90% of the times by the opposing QB.

Just one point to make on the grad transfers, similar to many of the guys we recruit from HS, they have worts. If they were complete studs
Nicholson actually had good coverage most of the game. He just doesn’t locate the ball. If he would learn to turn and look for the ball, he could have had several interceptions.

The secondary has been a mess all year between poor tackling and blown coverages.

we’ll see what the offseason brings. I doubt we’re ponying up to buyout Huesmann so let’s see if he makes any changes.

Reactions: CarolinaSpider
Nicholson actually had good coverage most of the game. He just doesn’t locate the ball. If he would learn to turn and look for the ball, he could have had several interceptions.

90% of the time he was with the receiver, just unaware of the ball. I agree is fixable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT