ADVERTISEMENT

WLAX

HOW TO PROWL THE CIRCLE: INSIDE TIPS FOR DOMINATING THE PERIMETER
MON 9 DEC 2019 | MATT DASILVA | USA INSIDER

sophia-dicenso-team-usa-u19-tim-bates_0.jpg

PHOTO BY TIM BATES

Sophia DiCenso jockeys for position with Canada's Annabel Rees Child in the World Lacrosse championship game

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/usa-i...rcle-inside-tips-for-dominating-the-perimeter

NCAA Division I Women's Lacrosse: 5 Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season | US Lacrosse Magazine

“RICHMOND IS A CONTENDER
The Spiders boast Inside Lacrosse’s 10th-ranked recruiting class and return standouts like Sam Geiersbach and Madison Ostrick on the offensive end. Brittney Wright, Caroline Atkinson and Meghan Quinn are back on the defensive side, and Megan Gianforte returns between the pipes.

This team lost some senior offensive punch but has plenty of talent to make up for it. Fresh off losing in the first round of the NCAA tournament, this could be the year for a Richmond breakthrough. Getting through the Atlantic 10 isn’t a cakewalk, but the Spiders have what it takes when looking at the roster from top to bottom.”

Pardon my ignorance, but that seems like a really large signee class (12). How many players does a typical WLAX roster carry? How many scholarships?

11 incoming frosh rostered

7 sophomores rostered

4 juniors rostered

3 RsJr rostered

7 seniors rostered

————

32 rostered 2020

37 rostered 2021(with 3 RsSr)

The NCAA limits Division I men’s programs to just 12.6 scholarships at any time; women’s programs, 12.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChoppinBroccoli
In some cases, unless things have changed, 1/2 scholarships can be offered, allowing for
two signees.
32, you may know the definite answer to this, but I believe I am correct.

Reactions: 32counter
aren't there a few sports you cannot give half scholarships as it counts as a full anyway?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT