ADVERTISEMENT

Will Wade and LSU

fatherspider

Team Manager
Feb 9, 2013
LSU was 2-16 in sec just 2 years ago and in 1 1/2 years under Wade they are leading the SEC and legitimate FF contenders. Now that is coaching a team. Just saying.

LSU was 2-16 in sec just 2 years ago and in 1 1/2 years under Wade they are leading the SEC and legitimate FF contenders. Now that is coaching a team. Just saying.
Final 4? Give us a piece of them. They will lose. I pray for this matchup in a 2nd round game.

He has cash to spend.
He was a good coach for us. Not sure if he was quite a slimy as he is now. I always felt like we had a chance to win even when we were behind in the second half by 10 with 3 minutes to go when he was coaching. Could he get your bunch to the tournament? No. Could he get a new bunch to the tournament? Yes.

Wade is a great X and O's coach, can talk the talk with recruits and their families, but he also is not liked or trusted in the coaching fraternity nor is he liked by his players. LSU eventually will get into trouble with Wade, the pressure will not come from within the conference as they have a culture which differs from the A-10. That's not a good thing when you talk about winks and nods.

Reactions: SpiderDaMan
He was a good coach for us. Not sure if he was quite a slimy as he is now. I always felt like we had a chance to win even when we were behind in the second half by 10 with 3 minutes to go when he was coaching. Could he get your bunch to the tournament? No. Could he get a new bunch to the tournament? Yes.

I always thought he was a good coach, but if it turns out he cheated at LSU, it has to make you wonder what he did at VCU.

Reactions: spider23
I always thought he was a good coach, but if it turns out he cheated at LSU, it has to make you wonder what he did at VCU.
Couldn't do what he is doing at LSU, part of the reason he left. He couldn't land some of the guys that were going to come because other schools had a very heavy handshake. I will just say that even though losing another coach within two years was very harmful, VCU was better off that he was gone. He wants to win, no matter how is my input

Couldn't do what he is doing at LSU, part of the reason he left. He couldn't land some of the guys that were going to come because other schools had a very heavy handshake. I will just say that even though losing another coach within two years was very harmful, VCU was better off that he was gone. He wants to win, no matter how is my input
As it turns out we were fortunate. I think it only a matter of time before he puts a smear on a program.

Reactions: urfan1

I won't wonder but no doubt you will wonder and post it here. At least with Mooney there is no wondering in his subpar coaching that has lasted far too long.

That last line sums up every head coach that has won the ncaa championship over the past 25 years.

As it turns out we were fortunate. I think it only a matter of time before he puts a smear on a program.
This is all very credible but he still is taking mostly players recruited before he got there and who only won 2 sec games 2 years ago to now a top 15 team and likely better than that. Can we at least agree that is pretty impressive?

Wade is a good coach. Don’t think there’s any argument there. He won and left before he could recruit at VCU and may be gone at LSU soon as well

This is all very credible but he still is taking mostly players recruited before he got there and who only won 2 sec games 2 years ago to now a top 15 team and likely better than that. Can we at least agree that is pretty impressive?
Yes. Thank goodness he's somewhere where he can recruit a guard or two.

He had to re-recruit MSS and Mobley, brought in Douglas and Evans, added Williams. He inherited Deri and Vann, but has help them evolve for sure. Agreed, he needs to now start landing some bigger talent instead of being an also ran. The first couple years were tough as he was the 3rd head coach in such a short period, you can imagine what opposing recruiters were saying to recruits.

I always thought Slick Willy was dirty. Hopefully the trail of slime gets examined leading back to VCU, that would be excellent.

As much as I bashed Rhoades early on, I do think he is a solid guy and good coach. Definitely a few notches above moaney.

From several of my well connected sources, vcu better hope the NCAA doesn't look too deeply into slick willy's actions
Connected? To what? Dream all you want. Slick's been gone a good while and his nasty persona and players hate for him as well. Heck, his players went for a pizza party the day he told them he was gone. That says it all about the arsehole. And, he wore terribly ugly suits.

Connected? To what? Dream all you want. Slick's been gone a good while and his nasty persona and players hate for him as well. Heck, his players went for a pizza party the day he told them he was gone. That says it all about the arsehole. And, he wore terribly ugly suits.

head in the sand usually work well for you?

Reactions: plydogg
I'm sure Will Wade wasn't doing this at VCU. ;) I mean, I'm sure those top ranked recruits were choosing VCU over larger BCS schools because they wanted to play in 7000 seat all aluminum high school gym. Please. It wasn't like some secret that he wasn't doing this all along. Now, there is proof though.

Reactions: SpiderK
I'm sure Will Wade wasn't doing this at VCU. ;) I mean, I'm sure those top ranked recruits were choosing VCU over larger BCS schools because they wanted to play in 7000 seat all aluminum high school gym. Please. It wasn't like some secret that he wasn't doing this all along. Now, there is proof though.

Im already seeing the mental gymnastics.

"No of course not, in fact thats why he left. Because our angelic AD told WW to kick rocks and do that at another school because we would never allow such a thing at our school."

From a legal perspective - I wonder if he gets off. When you hear the details of the wiretap - they never talk about specifics. He just says "Offer" - which we can all infer to mean cash and money, etc. But I wonder if he gets a good lawyer (which I am sure LSU has a couple on the payroll for these manners) that this does nothing to him and he walks away from this without a scratch.

I’m probably in the minority, but I don’t think this paints Will Wade as a bad person.

I think the only people these cases (the assistant coaches and agents) have painted in a poor light is the NCAA. Their antiquated rules have driven people to make back door deals to give players and their families a piece of the pie while the NCAA and its member institutions make billions, refusing to admit a need for change or share a part of the market that has grown exponentially since the fraudulent term of student-athlete was coined.

Maybe Wade is a slimy dude, I don’t know. But let’s not lose the forest from the trees.

Reactions: MostlyLurking McG
I’m probably in the minority, but I don’t think this paints Will Wade as a bad person.

I think the only people these cases (the assistant coaches and agents) have painted in a poor light is the NCAA. Their antiquated rules have driven people to make back door deals to give players and their families a piece of the pie while the NCAA and its member institutions make billions, refusing to admit a need for change or share a part of the market that has grown exponentially since the fraudulent term of student-athlete was coined.

Maybe Wade is a slimy dude, I don’t know. But let’s not lose the forest from the trees.
he broke the rules to give himself a competitive advantage, not because he was making a stand for student athlete rights.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT