ADVERTISEMENT

Will Tyler be drafted into the NBA draft and if so when?

The answer is a new coach. Keep the valuable pieces such as Burton, Nelson, Randolph, Dji, zay. You can rebuild really quickly today. Problem is I have zero confidence in a Hardt coaching hire. Sticking by my prediction that it will be the coach after the coach after Mooney to bring us back to relevance. I hope.

Reactions: PASpider
Tyler is a great Richmond player. However, maybe I’m missing it, but I don’t think he’s on the NBA draft radar right now. That doesn’t mean he can’t get a shot at the NBA or make the NBA, but right now he’s not doing it consistently enough nor on a big enough stage/in big games to create buzz about him.

The Bones comparison has been used, but as much as it pains me to say it, VCU has a better national basketball brand than we do, and created buzz against big teams in big games. Tyler hasn’t (yet).

I would use our last drafted player (Harper) as a perfect example. Without the buzz that was created with the sweet 16 run, I don’t think Harper would’ve been on NBA teams’ radar. Then he get some publicity, and scouts start realizing what he could do/what his potential is.

Unfortunately, at this time, I don’t think Tyler’s talent and athleticism alone will get him drafted. He needs that “it” moment(s) for NBA scouts to take notice.

All that being said, I hope I’m wrong as I would love for him to make the NBA and to root for him when he gets there.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
i stopped reading after you said NC State had 2 or 3 better athletes than TB. Did you even watch the game? Y/N?
Hayes and Smith for NC state were comparable athletes, and Seabron was more talented and more athletic than Tyler.
Currently watching the St Louis game and Jimmerson is at least comparable athletically and the other 4 starters are AT LEAST as athletic as Tyler probably better. And if you wanna walk down to the Seigel Center you'll find several superior athletes there, so if you wanna play ostrich and believe Tyler is an elite athlete I can't stop you.

Hayes and Smith for NC state were comparable athletes, and Seabron was more talented and more athletic than Tyler.
Currently watching the St Louis game and Jimmerson is at least comparable athletically and the other 4 starters are AT LEAST as athletic as Tyler probably better. And if you wanna walk down to the Seigel Center you'll find several superior athletes there, so if you wanna play ostrich and believe Tyler is an elite athlete I can't stop you.
Tyler goes to class.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
Burton is playing awfully but I don’t know how you can make this judgment. I have a feeling no matter who we were playing today you’d say the same thing.

Burton had 24 points and 12 rebounds. I wish we had more un-athletic crappy players just like him. 🙄
If youre yanking my chain then I'll crack a smile... I never said he was un-athletic.
What I don't like are people using the word "elite" or saying "... a star on any team in the country" cuz that kind of BS is the stuff Mooney feeds to those ignorant enough to believe it.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
Jimerson is averaging about 16 points a game as a redshirt freshman. Whether he is one of the greatest athletes to ever play the game is meaningless to me. I'll take him all day long.

He's a shooter - what we don't have many of - when we run a system built around having shooters.

Reactions: urfan1
I said "comparable" i. e. "" worthy of comparison". Grab a dictionary and watch the game again.
Jimerson is a good player. But yesterday he was the least athletic player starting for a mid major team. Burton isn’t some out of this world athlete, but he’s in a whole different class athletically than Jimerson.

Jimerson played 35 minutes yesterday and had ONE rebound. He’s averaging less than 2 rebounds a game at 6’5”. Burton yesterday had 12 rebounds and was forcing Saint Louis to foul him to not give up dunks. I don’t think Jimerson could dunk in a college game unless it was on a fast break.

Grab some glasses, because clearly you can’t see the games you claim I’m not watching.

You guys are wwwwaaaayyyy underestimating Tyler's talent. He is currently dominate when he is on and he is getting better every game. It is just a matter of time until he is drafted into the NBA.
... just wondering if ya'll who think Tyler is a lottery pick or could be a starter anywhere in the country have seen enough basketball yet to realize his athleticism doesn't stand out anywhere except on an un-athletic Richmond team?
The Rhode Island team has all 5 starters comparable or better athletes than Burton...not always better players but better athletes...

... just wondering if ya'll who think Tyler is a lottery pick or could be a starter anywhere in the country have seen enough basketball yet to realize his athleticism doesn't stand out anywhere except on an un-athletic Richmond team?
The Rhode Island team has all 5 starters comparable or better athletes than Burton...not always better players but better athletes...
If that is the case why did Burton almost out rebound all 5 single handedly in the 2nd half?

13 rebounds for Burton. Not a good offensive game but he dominated inside against bigger guys tonight
Tyler has serious bounce and aggressiveness. The guy is everywhere on the boards!

Think he needs to work on his lateral quickness, ball handling, and get a quicker release on his jump shot to make the league. Hope he does!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT