ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State

Deserves it's own thread. This is a big get. I was down on the OOC schedule but our final two games, Clemson and Wichita State are huge. The Giper came through. I'm gonna order an extra set of steak knives from him next time I see him cycling through the hood.

Right, this is the true bonus, a high quality road game for next year already on the books.
I don’t think I would stretch this to “high quality”, but it is a quality road game. It is more of a hope based on past success than a team that is truly projected to be good. The earlier statements about SOS are true for this season, but next season the American loses its best team (Houston) as well as Cincinnati and I think one other. [Delete- JMU and ODU are members of the American as well now and no one on this board is hyping them up as quality opponents. - They were/are affiliate members in some sports and I forgot about Sunbelt add]. Still my point is the American isn’t going to be the same in 2023.

Last edited:
UCF is the other school leaving after this year. And yes, that conference is taking a big hit after this year, basketball wise, for football driven decisions.

UCF is the other school leaving after this year. And yes, that conference is taking a big hit after this year, basketball wise, for football driven decisions.
Perhaps they will like playing UR so much they will help form the newly renamed A-16. (Confirmed before writing this that they don't have football which surprised me a bit)

Great game!
Does anyone know the times for the games? The schedule on the Spider website has no times listed.

They are in the Sunbelt.
Yeah, they're not joining the AAC.

The AAC is getting UAB and North Texas, which have been solid recently but not Top 25 worthy. And then a bunch of middling to bad teams...Charlotte, Rice, FAU, and UTSA.

Yeah, they're not joining the AAC.

The AAC is getting UAB and North Texas, which have been solid recently but not Top 25 worthy. And then a bunch of middling to bad teams...Charlotte, Rice, FAU, and UTSA.
Too many changes to keep straight and of course all driven by football anyway which adds to my confusion since college basketball is the best college sport to me.

Deserves it's own thread. This is a big get. I was down on the OOC schedule but our final two games, Clemson and Wichita State are huge. The Giper came through. I'm gonna order an extra set of steak knives from him next time I see him cycling through the hood.
The Gipester is everywhere and turning out surprising results....recruiting and scheduling.

Vote we turn over Robins Center concessions to him as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT