ADVERTISEMENT

What a load of stupidity.

Fake punt. This is not good
Have to agree ..... Huesman tried it way too early in the game. Smell of desperation. Dan Campbell of Lions did the same on Thanksgiving though in 3rdQ with plenty of time left to beat an inferior team. Packers scored immediately right after it and probably cost Detroit the game. Spiders survived it.

I will say, considering the kid didn’t play last week and had a knee brace on his leg, maybe not a good decision regardless?

Maybe a real bad decision on that play but your post fits the thread title . Please Spider fans leave the coaching to the coaches and we just point out all the great plays and calls today and moving forward 😡🕸️🕷️🏈💪

Reactions: ncspiderfan
Maybe a real bad decision on that play but your post fits the thread title . Please Spider fans leave the coaching to the coaches and we just point out all the great plays and calls today and moving forward 😡🕸️🕷️🏈💪
I would think our guys would want that play back. A fan can never leave the coaching to the coaches. Those crazy 🤪 football coaches can't be trusted.

Reactions: 64Spider
While I agree with most everything you say, this one's a little over the top.

Reactions: Gallipoli
Can’t say I agreed with the call but how quickly we forget the same fake play turned the momentum our way early in the Campbell game deep in our territory. The ELON game also had a big momentum shift when Trusler took off on a fake and got a first down early on. Didn’t like it today but again would have worked had the snap not been dropped before he ran. We survived it thankfully. Special teams, who are coached by Huesman, otherwise had a great day. You learn quickly on this board negative comments are thrown out quickly when something goes wrong and many people have been made to look quite foolish with their comments as the year or even games have gone on since week 5.

Of course, if he doesn't drop the snap and runs for the first down the title of the thread would be "What a load of rocks Huesman has." And what a great call.
Hardly. Stupid play regardless. We were not in a desperate situation calling for that nonsense. Glad it didn't matter as we dominated the 2nd half!

Reactions: urfan1
Loved the fake punt call.

The gadget plays helped immensely in turning the season around. They are fun to watch (I mean, it is a game after all). They get the crowd fired up, and more importantly, energize the players and the coaches. Plus now our opponents have to plan for their possibility, even when they don't work. How much practice time will Albany have to dedicate to preparing for these? Except for yesterday's bobble by Laughlin, the execution has been near flawless.

I agree Rick. We got here by being aggressive. The fakes don’t work if the other team is expecting it. We have mixed in things at good times over the season. Have worked more often than not. We push the issue and keep other teams off balance. This post-Stony Brook version of Russ is the best we’ve seen since he’s been here. Keep up the aggressive attitude and whenever this adventure ends, it ends. Can’t worry about failing - just keep pushing it and having fun.

Credit where it is due. Taking this team from where it was at 2-3 to where it is now required some tremendous coaching and leadership. This is -- by far -- Huesman's best work at UR.
Ill be the first to admit I was wrong to doubt this team in a fit of anger throughout the season, and that coaches typically know more than us as much as we like to $hitwhistle from our keyboard that we have all the answers. Nice to see RH appearing to hit his stride here after a less than spectacular start. Not sure how much this team has in the tank, but going to enjoy the ride until it ends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT