ADVERTISEMENT

VCU Game Observations

Graham is by far their best most dependable scorer, but I agree Weber was the heart of their team. Their whole way of playing hinged on him. They will still be very good, but they have lost a lot of their fear factor.

we want vcu to finis the season well so our win(s) against them will be considered good win(s)

De'Monte Buckingham from Henrico HS was at the game Saturday visiting VCU. We're both recruiting him. Maybe that result will make him think a little...

Originally posted by URFan1:
we want vcu to finis the season well so our win(s) against them will be considered good win(s)
That is true, but if they lose the rest of there games from here on out, that is cool with me.

Sorry, Fan 1, but I hope vcu loses the rest of their games.

Ridiculous, Fan1. You only want anyone who beat you in OOC to win their games rest of the way. By end of season, you just want all other A10 teams to have more losses than you.

NCAA or NIT we need good wins to build our resume, right now vcu is by far our best win.

Trap in this case losing your floor general to me may be to difficult to overcome. Look what happend to us last year although we arent as historically deep. Webber was Mr. Havoc. And the whole defense fed off his energy, not sure how many mpg he logged but taking him of every minute of every game the rest the way out will hurt them. They should make the NCAAs and all but Weber is the strength of their strength and going forward without him is going to sting.

Losing Kwan Fore was a pretty big loss because it forced our guards to play a lot longer and it took a while to adjust. Imagine VCU will go through this as well, regardless of their depth, as strong as it is. Feel like we could of used him to rest Kendall in close losses vs. Wake and UNE and some of these A10 games which could of made a difference.

The goal is to win the A10 every year and get into NCAA. To win A10, need for VCU to lose some more games, plus we have to go 1-0 each and every game rest of season. Impossible you say? Probably, but there have been surprises in a lot of sports. So I say "just win" and then who cares what's a "good win" and what's not.

For us to be first in the A10 we just need VCU to lose the return game against us and one other game, most likely their away game against Davidson. If we win out the rest of the season and VCU loses those two games we will be 1st in the A10 and VCU will still be top 25. It would probably also boost Davidson into the dance. This is an unlikely scenario, but probably the best case scenario for us.

We are not going to win out, hope we do, but probably pretty long odds on making that happen. Also think VCU is going to lose more than 2 games from here on out. I know they have at least one more loss coming up at the end of the month.

Don't want to see VCU collapse we need the RPI boost and if we beat them again it will really mean something with two top 25 wins. We need to first take care of our business and beat the teams ahead of us like Rhody, UMass, and GW. And hold serve against the lesser teams. Basically running the table would be nice! Can't leave out an A10 regular season champ from the dance.

I like your thinking sd, and I believe we are capable of doing just that --- but trying to take it one game at a time. I felt the high expectations of this team were out of line this past off season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT